It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: igowin life
Post #1 Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
KGS: pyv
Wanted to put up a review, there was a thread on GD, but as I only registered there last year I wasn't allowed to post yet.

igowin life is a go program for ipod touch/iphone/ipad that allows you to solve go problems and adapts to your strength. If you solve the problem, it will give you a slightly harder problem. If you get it wrong, you get an easier problem. it sells for 2,99$.

Now first off this program lacks polish and I've seen lots of reviews that have stated so. It is very easy to misclick and regularly I will stop playing because I've had one misclick too many. Compare this to SmartGo Pro, where I nearly never misclick, that also has a problem database (however it is more expensive)

There are also some (quite rare if you ask me) problems that don't take into account branching solutions. Now I realize that optimal problems only have one path, but sometimes you can play one forcing move before the other and it will lead to the same answer. Igowin life will give you an incorrect result if you play in the order it wasn't expecting. This hasn't happened enough to be annoying, but it has happened and I've read other reviews that noticed this also.

On the whole though, I would say that igowin life is definitely worth 2,99$. Go problems are always fun and this makes solving progressively harder problems very simple. Despite the lack of shine it is addictive and priced correctly. Whenever you misclick, just tell yourself that you're doing problems to work on your reading skills, not to prove anything :)

This post by PYves was liked by: rubin427

Post subject: Re: igowin life
Post #2 Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:23 am 
Site Admin

Liked others: 18
Was liked: 121
Universal go server handle: Jordus
What is the highest level anyone has gotten on this program?