It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: It's so hard to beat Crazy Stone
Post #41 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:06 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
Uberdude wrote:
I find it a little perverse if arrogance is what allows someone who would not normally have the opportunity to play a strong version of CrazyStone to do so. ;-)

Perverse, but fun.

This post by wineandgolover was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: It's so hard to beat Crazy Stone
Post #42 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:37 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 181
Pippen wrote:
Magicwand would have to play against the premium version using extraordinary computer power like in the best of 5 game between FJ(6d) and CS which FJ won 3-1 (and games were all pretty close except for the last one when CS had hardware problems).

No, not "extraordinary power" as computers go, just something at the top end of the "workstation" class. Perhaps an order of magnitude more than most folks have at home but only 2-3 times what a serious "gamer" might have.

Nor am I so sure that the commercial program is an entirely different program. Might just be a matter of parameters. This is the sort of thing we would need to ask Remi. Is it just a matter of parameters and if so, how to override the defaults (that the commercial program is using) and what would be the values to use if running on a .........(those optimizing for a given amount of crunch power)

At least I know that were I designing/coding I'd have the variables that controlled performance and that might have to be experimentally adjusted supplied as run time parameters instead of having to recompile the program each time to change them.