It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #81 Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:16 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 35
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
roy7 wrote:
Sneegurd wrote:
goame wrote:
Can someone post here the exe?
No matter if this would be 10% slower on my machine.

Binaries: https://github.com/zakki/Ray/releases

Yes it works in Smartgo. Use the non GPU binary. EDIT: There is no such binary. I guess as an AMD user you cannot use it.


The GPU version will work, it just runs in cpu only mode. And it's 30x-100x times slow per author without GPU.


After cd ...
'make' doesn't work.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #82 Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:57 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 35
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
https://github.com/zakki/Ray/issues?q=i ... is%3Aissue
See Issues: Open and Closed for more informations.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #83 Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 82
Liked others: 3
Was liked: 42
Rank: OGS 7 kyu
Hi everybody!

Since the last message on this thread, it seems zakki has been putting a lot of effort into Ray, and Ray is now at version rn-4.2.4

I am really willing to try this bot, but so far have not been able to compile it myself, either on Windows or Ubuntu.

Has one of you been able to compile it on Ubuntu, and then could share a "recipe" to do it, starting from a fresh Ubuntu install?

_________________
I am the author of GoReviewPartner, a small software aimed at assisting reviewing a game of Go. Give it a try!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #84 Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:39 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 604
Liked others: 41
Was liked: 190
GD Posts: 10
It's very impressive improvement, Rn.4.2-4c is now almost as strong as Zen-14.7-1c0g

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #85 Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:38 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 436
Liked others: 1
Was liked: 38
Rank: KGS 5 kyu
Who is stronger Rayon or Leela?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #86 Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:02 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 82
Liked others: 3
Was liked: 42
Rank: OGS 7 kyu
Krama wrote:
Who is stronger Rayon or Leela?
The situation is not so clear, but apparently, it really depends of the hardware used:
  • with a big Nvidia GPU, Ray would be stronger (Ray make good use of Scuda technology)
  • Without GPU or without Nvidia GPU, Leela would be stronger (Leela makes good use of CPU)

At that point, I think Ray needs a bigger user base to push its development forward.

_________________
I am the author of GoReviewPartner, a small software aimed at assisting reviewing a game of Go. Give it a try!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #87 Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:03 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 19
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
pnprog wrote:
Krama wrote:
Who is stronger Rayon or Leela?
The situation is not so clear, but apparently, it really depends of the hardware used:
  • with a big Nvidia GPU, Ray would be stronger (Ray make good use of Scuda technology)
  • Without GPU or without Nvidia GPU, Leela would be stronger (Leela makes good use of CPU)

At that point, I think Ray needs a bigger user base to push its development forward.



Does anyone know how well does the current version of Ray scale?

http://www.yss-aya.com/cgos/19x19/standings.html

The listing says the Ray 4.3-4c is only about 100 or so ELO ahead of Leela-0100b3_750Ti.
But since it does better with Cuda than Leela, is it possible that if I play it on something like the below configuration that it might beat an average pro?

http://i.imgur.com/36CaJgm.png



I wonder why Leela is not opens source like ray, and about ray needing a bigger base, if Ray would come out with a GUI, I think since most people these days have a powerful GPU for gaming, that it would quickly get a larger base .

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #88 Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 19
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
hydrogenpi7 wrote:
pnprog wrote:
Krama wrote:
Who is stronger Rayon or Leela?
The situation is not so clear, but apparently, it really depends of the hardware used:
  • with a big Nvidia GPU, Ray would be stronger (Ray make good use of Scuda technology)
  • Without GPU or without Nvidia GPU, Leela would be stronger (Leela makes good use of CPU)

At that point, I think Ray needs a bigger user base to push its development forward.



Does anyone know how well does the current version of Ray scale?

http://www.yss-aya.com/cgos/19x19/standings.html

The listing says the Ray 4.3-4c is only about 100 or so ELO ahead of Leela-0100b3_750Ti.
But since it does better with Cuda than Leela, is it possible that if I play it on something like the below configuration that it might beat an average pro?

http://i.imgur.com/36CaJgm.png



I wonder why Leela is not opens source like ray, and about ray needing a bigger base, if Ray would come out with a GUI, I think since most people these days have a powerful GPU for gaming, that it would quickly get a larger base .



I cannot get Rayon to beat Leela not even a single game.

Unless I'm missing something or did something very wrong, I am confident that Leela is way stronger than Ray...

https://imgur.com/a/TrvPD

https://gokibitz.com/kifu/B1fNfvwzZ
https://gokibitz.com/kifu/B1twxPDfW
https://gokibitz.com/kifu/HkdyyDwGb

I'm playing on 4790k with a gtx 1050ti mini using Gtp versions of latest leela and ray on sabaki board and leela wins everything though I set same time limits . What is going wrong?

I've tested short games, long games, on my home computer, on Google's cloud with 8x K80's and 24 CPUs.... Turned off pondering for Leela. Made sure I used the GPU version of Rayon and latest Rn4.2.5.... each time Leela GPU GTP beats Ray hands down...

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #89 Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:16 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 1
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Did you try it with the newest version?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #90 Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 pm 
Lives in gote

Posts: 436
Liked others: 1
Was liked: 38
Rank: KGS 5 kyu
Rayon also uses Nvidia gpus while Leela works best with AMD right?
For example, if you have amd you can't use rayon gpu mode.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #91 Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 35
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 7
OGS: roy7
Universal go server handle: roy7
Krama wrote:
Rayon also uses Nvidia gpus while Leela works best with AMD right?
For example, if you have amd you can't use rayon gpu mode.


Leela works fine either way. I believe at the moment the 1080Ti is the strongest GPU for Leela. Not sure on what Vega will do.

Rayon only works with Nvidia because of the machine learning library they chose.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #92 Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:08 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 23
Liked others: 2
Was liked: 2
Rank: 2 kyu
New version (4.20.4) is a lot stronger than leela. This is rayn giving leela a 2-stone handicap and completely destroying it. Both sides are given 15 minutes.


Last edited by Cyan on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #93 Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:18 am 
Lives with ko
User avatar

Posts: 256
Location: 中国
Liked others: 197
Was liked: 71
Rank: infant
blast. That top left corner is like watching a school of piranhas in slow motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #94 Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:40 am 
Lives with ko

Posts: 144
Liked others: 9
Was liked: 36
Rank: KGS 2k
KGS: Schachus12
It seems Leela is still bad at semeai.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #95 Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:37 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 23
Liked others: 2
Was liked: 2
Rank: 2 kyu
Leela lost to ray again with 3 stones handicap.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #96 Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:10 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 35
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 7
OGS: roy7
Universal go server handle: roy7
Leela is much stronger than the bad luck with a life/death issue makes it her look like sometimes. :)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Rayon (rn-3.9) is the strongest open source go AI
Post #97 Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:19 pm 
Lives with ko
User avatar

Posts: 245
Liked others: 12
Was liked: 30
Rank: NR
black 80 the losing move? played because Leela doesn't know it needs two eyes to live + it has no need to kill white to win?

_________________
i ink, therefore i arm

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group