It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i wish to make a complaint
Post #1 Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:55 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 23
Was liked: 43
you would think that Google, with all its money, could afford a video producer who understands the subject matter he is filming and doesn't give us two views of the same thing and no views of what Michael is talking about. it's as bad as those videoed lectures where the camera rests on the speaker's face instead of the picture on his OHP that he's talking about.

i mean, for pity's sake, come on! Sure, there's the human element of Ke Jie wringing his hands at move 20, but one subvideo of it is enough at a time.

But it was hilarious to see Andrew looking as uncomfortable in an ill-fitting rented suit and borrowed tie as a young boy at his first wedding (or funeral, same thing, really) and trying to stand like a Japanese escalator attendant: "please mind the step" :twisted:
Attachment:
b-japanservice-b-20150716.jpg
b-japanservice-b-20150716.jpg [ 46.27 KiB | Viewed 3858 times ]

Post subject: Re: i wish to make a complaint
Post #2 Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
The camera angles were off-putting, as was its distance to the demonstration board, which makes the board far too small for comfortable viewing. Moreover, the demonstration board was placed too low for the commentators to comfortably place stones on it. You could see Redmond having to crouch down to place pieces on the lower portion of the board.

Post #3 Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:17 pm 
Lives in gote

never mind, one day someone will invent a new technology that commentators could use from the comfort of their own armchairs in separate continents and have a live conversation and move virtual stones around instead of real ones and we could all watch from the comfort of our own armchairs, or on the beach, or in an orbiting space station or even underwater.

of course, that is just another of my ludicrous fantasies....

Post #4 Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm 
Lives in gote

now look here, Mr Producer, or Director, or whatever the hell you call yourself; i told you once, i've told you twice - i'm not going to tell you again. Make it look like this, you blithering <expletive deleted> DO NOT WASTE SPACE WITH GINORMOUS NUMBERS JUST BECAUSE CGOBAN DOES

Attachments:
better.png
better.png [ 928.08 KiB | Viewed 3618 times ]