It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: DeepMind reveals latest AlphaGo's shocking strength grap
Post #21 Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:09 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 9
Was liked: 8
pookpooi wrote:

And while it's true that I've not post information regarding China censorship, I posted it in Reddit yesterday

https://www.reddit.com/r/baduk/comments ... ago_event/

But yes, what's happened outside this board is not count, so you can interpret my sentence as hidden agenda as one of the possibilities.

Edit: from now on I'll only respond on this matter to inbox message, by admin request only.

You posted it on Reddit? Oh I forgot, it's not an omission if it's posted on Reddit, right? It sure looks like to me you are trying to justify your agenda.

Post #22 Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:00 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
@theCannyOnion: Before telling others what they should or should not say, why not take a look at the TOS yourself, which specifically prohibits personal attacks of other forum members. The request to tone down the political commentaries is not unreasonable, but publicly singling someone out and derailing the thread discussion is completely inappropriate. If you feel that someone's posts violate the TOS, then please report them to an admin, as I have done with yours.

This post by daal was liked by 3 people: betterlife, Bonobo, Waylon

Post #23 Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:19 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 9
Was liked: 8
daal wrote:
@theCannyOnion: Before telling others what they should or should not say, why not take a look at the TOS yourself, which specifically prohibits personal attacks of other forum members. The request to tone down the political commentaries is not unreasonable, but publicly singling someone out and derailing the thread discussion is completely inappropriate. If you feel that someone's posts violate the TOS, then please report them to an admin, as I have done with yours.

I'm merely airing my frustration at all the off-topic political discussions and flame wars surrounding the AlphaGo event, which all seem to have originated from Pookpooi, the only offender who hasn't been warned or banned. What I said needed to be heard by all: leave politics at the door, and take your extracurricular SJW activities to the off-topic forum. Thank you.

Post #24 Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:41 pm 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
TheCannyOnion wrote:
and take your extracurricular SJW activities to the off-topic forum. Thank you.
(Emphasis mine)

Please be more careful in your choice of insults. "SJW" is used by individuals wishing to insult feminist, LGBT and anti-racist activists. It has nothing to do with China.

Edit: apologies to you, Daal, for my earlier failure of quote nesting.

This post by hyperpape was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, daal

Post #25 Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:53 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
@TheCannyOnion, pookpooi, and others: This thread is supposed to be about AlphaGo's increase in strength - let's refrain from political discussion. I understand your concerns, TheCannyOnion, but the part that I disagree with is quoted below:

Quote:
What I said needed to be heard by all

We do have a TOS, and it is the responsibility of admins to keep things on track. Admins can't always make everyone happy in their attempts to do this, so you should use the board reporting feature and/or PM to to express your concerns. The problem with voicing concerns to be heard by all is that the thread quickly becomes derailed by off-topic content, and it adds flame to the fire.

A more efficient way is to discuss the concerns offline, and we'll try to come up with a reasonable solution. That way, the thread content remains on-topic and relevant to the many other users that are reading these threads.

I am an admin, so if you have further points that you'd like to discuss about TOS violations and/or users, please send me a PM so that we can come to a satisfactory solution to your concerns.

This post by Kirby was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Waylon

Post subject:
Post #26 Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:28 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
hyperpape wrote:
:w3:
TheCannyOnion wrote:
:w2:
daal wrote:
:w1:
Seems to be a nesting bug; wrong quote attributed to daal.

This post by EdLee was liked by: Bonobo

Post #27 Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:44 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 3651
Was liked: 3374
daal wrote:

TheCannyOnion wrote:
I'm merely airing my frustration at all the off-topic political discussions and flame wars surrounding the AlphaGo event, which all seem to have originated from Pookpooi, the only offender who hasn't been warned or banned. What I said needed to be heard by all: leave politics at the door, and take your extracurricular SJW activities to the off-topic forum. Thank you.

SJW? Now you're being political, as well as offensive.

Visualize whirled peas.

Everything with love. Stay safe.

This post by Bill Spight was liked by: Bonobo

Post #28 Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:22 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
Was liked: 126
Admins, please lock this thread (or rather just delete it). It is way off topic and does not deserve to be occupying space at the top of the thread-list in the Computer Go forum. I came here to read about AlphaGo, not to read a flame-war and political rants.

This post by Charlie was liked by: ez4u

Post #29 Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:22 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Charlie wrote:
Admins, please lock this thread (or rather just delete it). It is way off topic and does not deserve to be occupying space at the top of the thread-list in the Computer Go forum. I came here to read about AlphaGo, not to read a flame-war and political rants.

Good idea. Locked.

This post by Solomon was liked by 3 people: Charlie, Joaz Banbeck, sybob

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2