All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please help getting EidoGo to work in our HTML&CSS-project
Post #1 Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:35 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 81
Online playing schedule: A schedule..? When hell freezes over... maybe. ^^;
Hello everybody,

a friend and I are making a Go-related webpage for one of our university courses (HTML&CSS). It includes some stuff about the origins of Go, useful links for beginners, some Hikaru no Go and of course the rules, among others. The part explaining the rules is some of my part of the work and I want to make it a bit more interesting by making it interactive, just like in Hiroki Mori's Go course (but not that extensive ;-) ).

For this, I wanted to use EidoGo as it is open source and seemed very easy to use. On the website there even is an instruction - but it doesn't work for me..

What seems weird to me (as somebody who before this course didn't know anything about HTML or CSS) is that the instruction says nothing about defining
Quote:
<div class="eidogo-player-auto" [...]

and
Quote:
<div class="eidogo-player-problem" [...]

in the CSS-file. Is that the source of the problem? What am I missing?

I know that some people use EidoGo in their Blogs and websites, how did you do that?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Post subject: Re: Please help getting EidoGo to work in our HTML&CSS-proje
Post #2 Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 53
Was liked: 171
GD Posts: 1104
KGS: fwiffo
The reason the classes are there is to tell the eidogo javascript where to insert the players in the page. You don't need to add any additional styles to them; EidoGo will put the players inside those <div> tags and style them accordingly. You just have to include the eidogo javascript and stylesheet in the <head> tag of the page.

You can add extra styles for those divs in your own stylesheet, however, if you want to do something like center them or add extra borders or something.

Post #3 Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:37 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 81
Online playing schedule: A schedule..? When hell freezes over... maybe. ^^;
fwiffo wrote:
The reason the classes are there is to tell the eidogo javascript where to insert the players in the page. You don't need to add any additional styles to them; EidoGo will put the players inside those <div> tags and style them accordingly. You just have to include the eidogo javascript and stylesheet in the <head> tag of the page.

You can add extra styles for those divs in your own stylesheet, however, if you want to do something like center them or add extra borders or something.

Hello fwiffo,

sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for clarifying this! I guess, I need to have a closer look at this subject.. ;)
Well EidoGo still doesn't work and I made the pages without it and only with diagrammes. Tried to make it as interactive as it is possible using this way. :D

Although I guess that I won't redo all the pages I planned to use it on if I would get EidoGo to work now (did I mention that the deadline is approaching? ;) ), I'm still interested in what went wrong.

I guess I'll have another calm look at the subject in 2 weeks when I (finally) have more free time and report back then. But if anyone has an idea or a hint, I'd appreciate it!

Post #4 Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:53 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 2
KGS: noodley
Can you make the HTML page that isn't running eidogo properly accessible? Debugging problems like this is much easier with a concrete example of the error you are getting.

This post by noodley was liked by: fwiffo

Post #5 Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:52 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 53
Was liked: 171
GD Posts: 1104
KGS: fwiffo
Yeah, without seeing the code/markup you've got, it's hard to say what the exact problem could be.