It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Troubleshooting Leela Zero on Mac
Post #1 Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:01 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 1
I'm trying to set up Leela Zero and Lizzie on my 2015 MacBook Pro. Currently, I can open Lizzie and control it with keyboard commands and open sgf files. However, the "Leela Zero is loading..." message is in the bottom left corner of the screen and when I go through sgf files, nothing happens as far as Leela Zero interacting with it. I know the first time Lizzie is opened it is supposed to take longer because the network is being processed, but its been over an hour, so I'm guessing there might be some sort of error.

Below is what I did. Can anyone see anywhere I went wrong?

1. Updated my Java to Java 8 Update 201.

2. Downloaded and unzipped Lizzie v0.6 for Mac

3. Followed the American Go Honor Society's instructions for setting up Lizzie on Mac (GPU)
http://www.aghs.cc/tutorials/leela/leela.php

4. The only thing I did different from the American Go Honor Society set up was I used the human trained
weights that are linked on the Github page.

https://github.com/leela-zero/leela-zer ... -right-now

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Post subject: Re: Troubleshooting Leela Zero on Mac
Post #2 Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:13 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 1
I got past this issue now, however there is a new problem. When I open Lizzie and it is just warming up, it seems normal; it is only considering 3-4 or 4-4 points and has the black:white win rate at about 50% : 50%. Then after 10 seconds, the win rates become nonsensical, like 6344% :5077% or some arbitrarily large number and if I hover my mouse over the recommended 3-4 or 4-4 points, the predicted variations are ridiculous, like a bunch of first line stones or tengen. Finally, if I wait 30 seconds, the win rates disappear entirely and then it starts recommending every single point on the board equally. If I load an sgf or try to play a game, pondering still says its on, but it won't play any moves in a game even if I try to force it and in review it will not recommend any moves.