Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
leelaZ and AQ two on one by android 6.0, AQ GO v1.2.1.9
download location:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l6W52 ... bB5ItG-s1d
original post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cbaduk/comment ... combining/

1. must be android 6.0 or above (for leelaz to work, but AQ does not need 6.0 still work)phones or tablets,
2. can directly download current weight file from http://zero.sjeng.org/network-profiles,
3. can use local weight files in ~.gz, or in ~.txt format,
4. time_settings are quite accurate, 0 6 1 is about 5 seconds.
5. 5 second setting may reach 6~7 dan if use current weight file #172. i tested it against crazy stone android v.1.1.0 commercial, 5 dan max.

Post subject: Re: leela Zero and AQ two on one by android 6.0, AQ GO v1.2.
Post #2 Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:08 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 544
GD Posts: 1292
Downloaded the Leela weights on my Sony Xperia XZ but it doesn't see the weights loaded even after I use them after download. So the Leela portion doesn't work for my phone.

Post #3 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:54 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 97
tchan001 wrote:
Downloaded the Leela weights on my Sony Xperia XZ but it doesn't see the weights loaded even after I use them after download.
Did you use the "CHANGE" button on the bottom of the "Leela play" screen ?

Post #4 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:11 am 
Dies in gote

tchan001 wrote:
Downloaded the Leela weights on my Sony Xperia XZ but it doesn't see the weights loaded even after I use them after download. So the Leela portion doesn't work for my phone.

1. first thing is to make sure your phone is android 6.0 or above. my phone is not so this leelaz portion doesn't work on my phone. but my tablet is 6.0
2. first screen : a list of buttons (all upper case)
AQ analysis
AQ play
AQ watch
LEELA play
leela watch
check update
feedback

click on leela play > a smaller window popping up titled "leela play", in it before last line " yes", "no" , there is a line titled "Use weight", > on the rightmost there is a clickable button called
"CHANGE" click on it > if you are wifi-ed you will see a list titled "choose weight", and full of weight files, and the first line to the rightmost has a clickable button "use" > click on "use" the screen goes back to previous screen titled "leela play", in this screen click last line red button "yes" and the screen goes to 19x19 board. on top there is a line "engine loading", until it changes to "Move 1 your turn", that meanx you have successfully installed weight file, and you start to cast your 1st move, and wait leela's move 2 ( default setting you are black and leelaz is white.) on the bottom 1/3 screen will show you the progress of how load leelaz and what maybe the problem cause leelaz not working in GTP fashion.

3. describe your problem clearly, you have to remember i cannot see what you see in your phone screen, so you have to describe what you see in words precisely. in such a way i may help you. i was a computer science professor, so i know how to form precise instructions to help you, but do not let me guess your problem, that will prolong the problem to be solved

Last edited by kyotosato on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post #5 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:17 am 
Dies in gote

Vargo wrote:
tchan001 wrote:
Downloaded the Leela weights on my Sony Xperia XZ but it doesn't see the weights loaded even after I use them after download.
Did you use the "CHANGE" button on the bottom of the "Leela play" screen ?

@Vargo:
the above post i have described the process step by step how to make it works, to answer your question, Yes. and if you successfully make it work, let me know and also share your experience here.

Last edited by kyotosato on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post #6 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:26 am 
Dies in gote

if you want to use local weight files you've already downloaded in your local sdcard (rather the above wifi downloaded ones) , let me know, i will give out step by step instructions.

Post #7 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:46 am 
Gosei

kyotosato wrote:
tchan001 wrote:

1. first thing is to make sure your phone is android 6.0 or above. my phone is not so this leelaz portion doesn't work on my phone. but my tablet is 6.0
2. first screen : a list of buttons (all upper case)
AQ analysis
AQ play
AQ watch
LEELA play
leela watch
check update
feedback

click on leela play > a smaller window popping up titled "leela play", in it before last line " yes", "no" , there is a line titled "Use weight", > on the rightmost there is a clickable button called
"CHANGE" click on it > if you are wifi-ed you will see a list titled "choose weight", and full of weight files, and the first line to the rightmost has a clickable button "use" > click on "use" the screen goes back to previous screen titled "leela play", in this screen click last line red button "yes" and the screen goes to 19x19 board. on top there is a line "engine loading", until it changes to "Move 1 your turn", that meanx you have successfully installed weight file, and you start to cast your 1st move, and wait leela's move 2 ( default setting you are black and leelaz is white.) on the bottom 1/3 screen will show you the progress of how load leelaz and what maybe the problem cause leelaz not working in GTP fashion.

3. describe your problem clearly, you have to remember i cannot see what you see in your phone screen, so you have to describe what you see in words precisely. in such a way i may help you. i was a computer science professor, so i know how to form precise instructions to help you, but do not let me guess your problem, that will prolong the problem to be solved

Using latest AQ Go 1.2.2.1 upgrade. The upgrade did not automatically happen. I had to open it from my download folder and give the phone permission to open.
my phone OS is Android 8.0
Loaded weights file with 'USE' button. Tried to press Yes to play Leela watch but gets the message 'Weight not selected'
Attachment:
Screenshot_20180831-183831.png
Screenshot_20180831-183831.png [ 130.63 KiB | Viewed 6670 times ]

Post #8 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:46 am 
Dies in gote

tchan001 wrote:
Using latest AQ Go 1.2.2.1 upgrade. The upgrade did not automatically happen. I had to open it from my download folder and give the phone permission to open.
my phone OS is Android 8.0
Loaded weights file with 'USE' button. Tried to press Yes to play Leela watch but gets the message 'Weight not selected'
Attachment:
Screenshot_20180831-183831.png

so i would like to understand your problem,
1. does first screen "leela play" option works for you up to the point that you could play with leela?
2. what prompt you to click "leela watch?" I never need to click on "leela watch," because i could download whatever weight files listed in "leela watch." To make leela works on my tablet i never need to click on "leela watch."
3. does 1.2.1.9 's leela works on your phone? or the problem occurs only after you upgrade to 1.2.2.1? i don't have 1.2.2.1, and if you could tell me where to download it, i would be very appreciated to try it out, to see if 1.2.2.1 works for me w.r.t. to leela.
4. are you referring to the first screen option "check update?" i never try it out, and i do not need to. if there is a 1.2.2.1 version, i would download its apk file directly from some website.

the problem occurs to me: "weight not selected," only when i choose one and it works (or not working), then i goes back to choose another weight file consecutively. apparently if you want to change to another weight file, you need to close the AQ app clean, or even more radically deinstall to wipe out all app data and reinstall the AQ, and then start the AQ app fresh, then choose another weight file.

Last edited by kyotosato on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post #9 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:19 am 
Gosei

Both version give me the same problem of weight not selected. Since it didn't work on the older version, I checked update and installed the newer version. Leela Play doesn't work for me and Leela Watch doesn't work either as both say weight not selected even when the weight is shown on the change button line. Only Leela Analysis works for me.

Post #10 Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:24 am 
Dies in gote

tchan001 wrote:
Both version give me the same problem of weight not selected. Since it didn't work on the older version, I checked update and installed the newer version. Leela Play doesn't work for me and Leela Watch doesn't work either as both say weight not selected even when the weight is shown on the change button line. Only Leela Analysis works for me.

could you state more specific on "Leela Play doesn't work for me ?" on what stage within "Leela Play" not working? or when you click "leela play" nothing happen, popup windows does not show up?
if all this weight file problem cannot be solved, there is a workaround to load weight file: at the titled "choose weight" screen, to its top rightmost "choose local weight" button you may use. that means you do not use this AQ apk to download weight files but directly download weight files from http://zero.sjeng.org/network-profiles
to your sdcard file system.

Post #11 Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:29 am 
Dies in gote

@tchan001:
I did encounter the same problem as you described. when I update to 1.2.2.1; i have to reassign the weight file by click on "CHANGE" to select local weight file. even after i choose my local file, screen goes back to previous popup window titled "leela play," but still 2nd to the last line stated "weight file not selected."

after some juggling, the problem is that i moved all my weight files to my external sdcard, but before (everything works fine) they were in my internal storage. Once i move them back to my internal storage, all works fine again. - after i click CHANGE and choose a weight file, back to previous popup windows "leela play" 2nd to last line did show the weight file (along with its full path) i picked.

hope this will help.