It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: KataGo v1.4
Post #61 Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:28 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 7
We should also not forget that everybody can buy one or many rtx 3000 gpus.
And rtx 4000 Hopper gpus should be available at the end of 2021.
AMD Threadripper 64 cores(ZEN 2), Zen 3 available at the end of 2020, Zen 4 maybe available at the beginning of 2022 are also helpful.
= We can test and use much bigger nets.

Post subject: Re: KataGo v1.4
Post #62 Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:10 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
EDIT: Fixed. I had followed the instructions in a Youtube video, and the method the person used for getting the full path name of the katago executable was to right click on the .exe, select permissions, then go to the security tab, and copy the full path. You then past that as the path into Sabaki when you configure the engine. I saw some reference in a comment in that video to having an extra space in the path, so in desperation, I erased the path and typed it in. It worked. So evidently some hidden character, or a space at the end of the path that was invisible, or something like that happened when I copy and pasted the path as the video suggested.

Using Katago 1.4.5

I can't get Katago to work with Sabaki, and I don't know why. It seems so simple, I'm not sure what could be going wrong, and the error messages are not helpful.

If I use "katago gtp" from the command line, it seems to work. I'm able to issue commands, I can get the version number, etc.

But when I try to use the engine in Sabaki, it fails. It just says "Connection Failed" for every command.

I know this is hardly any information to go on, but that's the same problem I have; what am I supposed to do with "Connection Failed" as my only clue?

Any debugging tips or other help gratefully accepted.