It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: New android app "BadukAI"
Post #361 Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:14 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 151
I made a new version (1.10) available on play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r.baduk_ai and github https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.i ... ag/v1.10.0 , which includes updated KataGo, updated weights and a few other improvements (see release notes on github).

This post by akigo was liked by: jptavan

Post #362 Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:55 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Please update the No.985 weight! It`s very strong i have tested

Post #363 Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:25 am 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 9
Installed baduk_ai__arm64-v8a-rel-1.10.apk with the .bin.gz and .tflite in the same release on Xiaomi Redmi note 7 running Lineage OS 17. It crashed and rebooted the phone first, but now a few hours later I open it and the downloaded .bin.gz hash shows in settings and it works, however the board is not visible fully. I can see the row 3 at bottom and the bottom margin is at row 2, so I am missing a bit there (can't see the first row at all). There is plenty of blue area above the board and the long white/black win rate columns could be shorter too. I wonder how I should fix this? I tried searching the forum here but couldn't find good words to search if this problem has been solved already

edit: Ok, I went into "edit config" menu, and the badukAI was unresponsive for 5 seconds (I saw the options there and I tried clicking cancel) and then the phone rebooted itself again. I guess I won't be touching that menu at least for a while :)

Post #364 Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:50 pm 
Lives with ko

Nobody has reported similar problems yet, so at first glance I would attribute these issues to Lineage OS. As I don't have this on my phone, I can't analyze these problems. So I'm sorry, I can't help you here.

Post #365 Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:26 pm 
Dies in gote

The official weight of 60b has been released!

https://katagotraining.org/networks/

Post #366 Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:58 am 
Lives with ko

I published an optimized version of the currently strongest 40b network (s985) here: https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.10.1

Next I will have a look at 60b ...

This post by akigo was liked by 2 people: And, go4thewin

Post #367 Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:08 pm 
Dies in gote

Amazing! Thanks very much

Post #368 Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:25 am 
Lives with ko

An optimized version of the first official KataGo 60b network is now available at https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.10.2

This post by akigo was liked by: go4thewin

Post #369 Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:40 am 
Lives with ko

In response to some user requests, I made a new version (1.11) available on play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kir.baduk_ai and github https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.11.0.

It includes optional time control for the human player and some optional sounds (placing of stones, byoyomi warning).

Post #370 Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:26 am 
Dies in gote

The katago 1.10.0 is released, Many minor improvements!
Will BadukAI be updated in the near future?

Post #371 Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:45 am 
Lives with ko

lovego wrote:
The katago 1.10.0 is released, Many minor improvements!
Will BadukAI be updated in the near future?

I went through the changes in KataGo 1.10, and I don't think any of them will be significantly noticeable in BadukAI. So I won't make a new release just for the sake of upgrading KataGo. But I have some new features in the making, and when they are ready, I will publish a new version. And this one will probably also include KataGo 1.10.

Post #372 Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:41 pm 
Lives with ko

I made a new version (1.12) available on play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kir.baduk_ai and github https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.12.0 with the following changes:

1) BadukAI is now built with android SDK 30 (necessary for google to accept the update in play store). This implies, that on recent android versions BadukAI doesn't get global storage access anymore. Therefore external files (sgf's or network files) now have to be chosen with the system's native file picker app. So don't be surprised if you seemingly leave BadukAI when you are asked to select a file. Just choose the file in the native system app, and you will automatically get back to BadukAI.
In particular, all this means, that loading an external optimized network (which consists of two files) now requires you to select both files, one after the other.

2) After tapping "Load sgf" you can now not only load sgf's but also images. BadukAI will then detect the go board and stones in the image and load the resulting position. You can also produce that image "on the fly" with the camera (for best results use 4:3 portrait mode). This comes in very handy if you want to analyze a position you encounter in a book or a video or on a real board. Depending on lighting conditions etc., the detection is not always perfect, but usually very good.

3) You can also load a picture into BadukAI by sharing it to BadukAI from within another app. In that way you can quickly load a screenshot.

4) When no moves have been played yet, you can now edit the board: After tapping "add B stone" you can put any number of black stones on the board (in the same way as you would play them). Same goes for white stones. After tapping "remove stone" you can place a cross on the board (in the same way as a stone). By placing it on an existing stone, you can remove that stone.
By tapping the marked editing button again (whichever it is), you can stop its editing function. In that state, touching the board will play a stone as usual.

5) BadukAI has been upgraded to KataGo 1.10.

6) Captures are now displayed below the histogram.

These were a lot of changes, therefore some bugs may have crept in. So please report if anything goes wrong, so that I can try to fix it.

This post by akigo was liked by 2 people: And, jptavan

Post #373 Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:11 pm 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 3
KGS: WinPooh
IGS: WinPooh
DGS: WinPooh
Is it possible to select strength levels with kyu/dan scale, like in CrazyStone or AhQ Go?

Post #374 Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:11 pm 
Lives with ko

WinPooh wrote:
Is it possible to select strength levels with kyu/dan scale, like in CrazyStone or AhQ Go?

Yes, there are several possibilities as described here: https://aki65.github.io/#strength

Using "kyu-rank" in settings (with the 20b network in use) is the easiest way, but then playing style is sometimes a little inconsistent.
If you don't like that, load a weaker network (available from https://katagotraining.org/networks/) and set a small number of playouts by "edit config".

go4thewin has thankfully compiled a table of estimated ranks for a lot of network/playout combinations here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iUKLfLhSan3xUIymHBPdx5kG0-0VYsFnXFQ55RuppWc/edit?usp=sharing

Furthermore there is this excellent site: https://github.com/breakwa11/GoAIRatings, which shows the strength of a lot of KataGo networks. The ranks there refer to 1200 playouts. As a rule of thumb, halving the playouts reduces strength by 200 Elo. In that way you can roughly tune it to your level.

Post #375 Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:04 am 
Dies in gote

The new version is great! The image recognition speed is very fast, but the accuracy needs to be improved, I found that sometimes there will be extra pieces on the edge of the board. In addition, whether it can support the recognition of 9 or 13 board!

Attachments:
File comment: After recognition
FA0DCA41208E34739864603B6DDFA3B2.jpg
FA0DCA41208E34739864603B6DDFA3B2.jpg [ 168.43 KiB | Viewed 14817 times ]
File comment: original
EF191C3D5DB0B6E5FEAFA91FF18070C7.jpg
EF191C3D5DB0B6E5FEAFA91FF18070C7.jpg [ 103.44 KiB | Viewed 14817 times ]

Post #376 Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:54 pm 
Lives with ko

lovego wrote:
The new version is great! The image recognition speed is very fast, but the accuracy needs to be improved, I found that sometimes there will be extra pieces on the edge of the board. In addition, whether it can support the recognition of 9 or 13 board!

1) Your example
The decision whether an intersection is empty or occupied by black or occupied by white, is done by a neural network. This network was only trained with "unmarked" stones, so it doesn't handle numbered stones well. That's why the result is so terrible in your example.
Numbered stones introduce much more variety, so you would need a much more complex network even to differentiate between empty, black and white. So the detection would take much longer. Therefore, I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to try that. Moreover, images with numbered stones are usually generated from an sgf file anyway, so it would be easier to load that one directly into BadukAI.

2) Extra pieces on the edge of the board
I suspect that the reason for this is similar to (1): Stones on the edge look different, because there is no complete intersection. So they have to be trained. But if you generate stone images for training from a board, you get 289 interior stone images and only 72 edge stone images. So the latter are trained too little, therefore the detection on the edge is worse. But that's only a theory yet. I still have to check it.

3) Partial images (9x9, 13x13, corners/sides for tsumego)
I'm working on that ...

Post #377 Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:57 pm 
Dies in gote

Wow, I look forward to that!
And is there an updated acceleration weight? Now the strongest is kata1-b40c256-s10499183872-d2559211369

Post #378 Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:42 pm 
Beginner

I'm curious if anyone else's going to find it interesting, but could you make a one color mode? So you can play with bot like the usual, but all the stones would be white or black. That would be really cool!

Post #379 Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:12 pm 
Lives with ko

Zeed wrote:
I'm curious if anyone else's going to find it interesting, but could you make a one color mode? So you can play with bot like the usual, but all the stones would be white or black. That would be really cool!

At least godave89 will also find it interesting (well ... unless you are godave89). I will add that in the next version.

Post #380 Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:32 am 
Beginner

No idea who that is, but thanks, can't wait for it.
Also, when switching networks the position on the board resets so you need to save it every time before switching, is it possible to switch the network but remain the position without saving and downloading sgf every time?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next