It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: New android app "BadukAI"
Post #381 Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:26 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 151
lovego wrote:
Wow, I look forward to that!
And is there an updated acceleration weight? Now the strongest is kata1-b40c256-s10499183872-d2559211369

I published an accelerated version here: https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.12.1

Zeed wrote:
No idea who that is, but thanks, can't wait for it.
Also, when switching networks the position on the board resets so you need to save it every time before switching, is it possible to switch the network but remain the position without saving and downloading sgf every time?

You can use "Load sgf", then "Load last game" to get back the last position (created by playing or editing), so no need to save sgf.

Post #382 Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:44 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
OGS: notalamer
It looks like the autosaved SGF doesn't include all the moves in order, just the final board state. Would it be possible to implement this?

Post #383 Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:55 pm 
Lives with ko

getseclectic wrote:
It looks like the autosaved SGF doesn't include all the moves in order, just the final board state. Would it be possible to implement this?

The drawback of saving all moves is that re-loading the game (and jumping to the final position to continue with it) takes much longer than the current implementation which saves and loads only the final position.

But I agree, sometimes it's desirable to keep all the moves to obtain a complete game record. So I will do something about this in the next version (possibly offering the loading of all moves as an additional option).

Post #384 Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:17 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 11
Was liked: 3
Something changed in BadukAI? Previously optimized 40 blocks weights worked without a problem on Snapdragon 845. Now they make KG crash (normal non-optimized weights are still functioning).

Post #385 Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
veikko wrote:
Something changed in BadukAI? Previously optimized 40 blocks weights worked without a problem on Snapdragon 845. Now they make KG crash (normal non-optimized weights are still functioning).

which version and which network?

Post #386 Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:36 am 
Beginner

And wrote:
veikko wrote:

which version and which network?

BadukAI 1.12 / kata1-b40c256-s104991

Unfortunately I don't remember which BadukAI version was the last functioning. This issue began months ago.

Post #387 Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:42 am 
Gosei

v1.12.0
"In particular, all this means, that loading an external optimized network (which consists of two files) now requires you to select both files, one after the other."
https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases
do you do that?

Post #388 Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:45 am 
Beginner

And wrote:
v1.12.0
"In particular, all this means, that loading an external optimized network (which consists of two files) now requires you to select both files, one after the other."
https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases
do you do that?

Yes, I've selected both *.bin.gz and *.tflite.

Post #389 Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:48 am 
Gosei

in this case, only akigo will probably help :)

Post #390 Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:03 pm 
Lives with ko

Unfortunately I don't own a phone with SD 845, so I can't analyze the problem. Thus I can only hint at a few potential reasons for this:

1) Model structure
The code in BadukAI for running KG models hasn't changed for a long time, but the models themselves have (including structural changes). I wouldn't expect these to break compatibility with SD 845, but you never know. To check that, you could load the first published 40b model (from https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.4.1) and check if that one works.

2) Permissions
There are a lot of different file access permission models on different android versions, so accessing external model files can always be a problem. To check that, you could load the internal 20b network (it's also optimized) and check if that one works.

3) Operating system
Did you receive a system update from your phone's manufacturer recently ? I'm asking because BadukAI needs to access the neural processing unit (NPU) to run the optimized models. The interface, that it uses on SD 845 (and many other chipsets) to do so, was recently discovered to have some security flaws in rare circumstances. Some vendors took the easy way out: Instead of fixing the problem, they blocked the interface completely. I had this on one of my own phones some time ago. Very annoying, but nothing to be done about it.
If that also happened on your phone, it would explain the crash.

Post #391 Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:32 am 
Beginner

akigo wrote:
Unfortunately I don't own a phone with SD 845, so I can't analyze the problem. Thus I can only hint at a few potential reasons for this:

1) Model structure
The code in BadukAI for running KG models hasn't changed for a long time, but the models themselves have (including structural changes). I wouldn't expect these to break compatibility with SD 845, but you never know. To check that, you could load the first published 40b model (from https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.4.1) and check if that one works.

2) Permissions
There are a lot of different file access permission models on different android versions, so accessing external model files can always be a problem. To check that, you could load the internal 20b network (it's also optimized) and check if that one works.

3) Operating system
Did you receive a system update from your phone's manufacturer recently ? I'm asking because BadukAI needs to access the neural processing unit (NPU) to run the optimized models. The interface, that it uses on SD 845 (and many other chipsets) to do so, was recently discovered to have some security flaws in rare circumstances. Some vendors took the easy way out: Instead of fixing the problem, they blocked the interface completely. I had this on one of my own phones some time ago. Very annoying, but nothing to be done about it.
If that also happened on your phone, it would explain the crash.

Thanks for your throughout answer!

1) I tried the old weights (1.4.1) and they didn't work either so that probably excludes the first option?

2) I believe it's not a permission problem since the app can load normal weights that have been downloaded from katagotraining.org and saved to ext media. Also internal 20b network doesn't work but the internal 10b weights load fine.

3) I have updated my phone's FW/OS to the latest so maybe it's the third reason.

Post #392 Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:30 am 
Lives with ko

I made a new version (1.13) available on play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kir.baduk_ai and github https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.13.0 with the following changes:

1) Option to play "One color go" (more details at https://aki65.github.io, search for "One color go")

2) Detect board and stones from images not only for full boards, but also for parts of a board, like tsumego etc (more details at https://aki65.github.io, search for "load sgf"). This now also works for board sizes 9x9 and 13x13 (just set this board size before tapping "load sgf").

3) The button "Load last game" now really loads the full game (with all moves), not only the final position. Loading only the last position is still possible with the new button "Load last board position".

Post #393 Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:09 am 
Gosei

akigo
thanks for the update and thanks again for a great program!!! :D

Post #394 Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 pm 
Dies in gote

Wow! The recognition effect is very good, but can AI automatically recognize rows and columns? It's a little troublesome to count the board lines every time

Post #395 Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm 
Lives with ko

Automatic recognition of the number of rows and columns would indeed be very handy, but it can't be done with the current algorithm (which has to know what to look for). So a completely new approach would be needed to achieve that goal. I'm not sure if I can find the time for doing that and if it will be successfull (To my knowledge there isn't any app or program which can do this in a fast and reliable way, so it's certainly not easy).

Post #396 Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:55 am 
Dies in gote

Is there an updated acceleration weight? Now the strongest is kata1-b40c256-s11101799168-d2715431527

Post #397 Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:14 pm 
Lives with ko

lovego wrote:
Is there an updated acceleration weight? Now the strongest is kata1-b40c256-s11101799168-d2715431527

I published an accelerated version here: https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.13.1

Post #398 Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:57 pm 
Lives with ko

I published a new accelerated network for Snapdragon 888 devices on android 12. For details and download go here: https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.13.2

This post by akigo was liked by: go4thewin

Post #399 Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:45 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 200
Was liked: 30
akigo wrote:
I published a new accelerated network for Snapdragon 888 devices on android 12. For details and download go here: https://github.com/aki65/aki65.github.io/releases/tag/v1.13.2

I have a snapdragon 636 e ink device (onyx boox note air 1) and the speed of this new optimized net is incredible! Is it as strong as the non-optimized net at equal playouts? Thanks for all your hard work!

Set to 5 playouts with numSearchThreads set to 1 (<5 sec per move on snapdragon 636)
Kata 13.2 1:0 vs Golaxy Elephant 1 star Professional level bot B+R
Wow!
https://ibb.co/NtcWvrf

Attachments:
Kata13_2_5poVsGolaxyElephant1p.sgf [1.4 KiB]
Downloaded 195 times

This post by go4thewin was liked by: akigo

Post #400 Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:21 am 
Lives with ko

go4thewin wrote:
Is it as strong as the non-optimized net at equal playouts?

I can't answer that question definitively, as that would require a great many test matches and I don't have the resources to run them. But what I can tell is the following:

I run 5-10 test matches against the original network with each optimized network that I publish (just to make sure the optimization hasn't produced garbage due to some processing error). Summing up the results over all the networks I made in the last 15 months, I get the following:
- With 300 playouts each, the original network is a little ahead
- With 350 playouts for the optimized network and 300 for the original one, the optimized network is slightly ahead
Although these results don't prove anything, they suggest that the optimized networks are slightly weaker than their original counterparts, but the strength difference is very small.

This post by akigo was liked by: go4thewin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next