It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sahwal.com problems with web-site, and iPhone app
Post #1 Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:36 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 0
On my iPhone: Daily Baduk Problem no longer works. Fortunately, the sahwal.com app is still OK.
When I use my Chrome browser (also Microsoft Edge, Mozilla, ... ) it complains that the site is not secure, and will not let me visit the site. I like to recommend this excellent choice of problems to my friends. What do we have to do to get things to work again?
I have tried to contact admin@sahwal.com, but message is returned as undeliverable. Any ideas?

Harry (harryfearnley@gmail.com)

Post subject: Re: sahwal.com problems with web-site, and iPhone app
Post #2 Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:30 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 180
hanezeki wrote:
...... sahwal.com app .......
When I use my Chrome browser (also Microsoft Edge, Mozilla, ... ) it complains that the site is not secure, and will not let me visit the site.

I take it then that you have never before encountered sites whose certificates have expired?

I don't know about the other browsers because I mainly use Fire Fox. Yes, you get that message BUT are not prevented from going to the site. It is a GOOD block, and if you don't know how to interpret specific messages, you stop there and do not go to the site. But if you have more experience, you could select "advanced" and then Fire Fox would tell you what is wrong.

In this case, "expired certificate". Now these have to be renewed every so many yeas and especially with sites maintained by a small number of volunteers, often gets spaced. Here is a case where knowing something about the site is important. Say you know the site, know it is a genuine site, realize that what I have just said about the certificate not having been renewed BEFORE it expired is a strong possibility. In other words, you can then tell Fire Fox "let me go there anyway".

Now "expired certificate" is probably not the only reason Fire Fox would block, but I haven't yet seen any other. If I did encounter another, I would at least stop for the time being << some research to do about the message, the site, etc. >>

BUT NOTE WELL --- I would not override the block were this a strange/new site to me. As above, I would do some research about the site.

Post subject: Re: sahwal.com problems with web-site, and iPhone app
Post #3 Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:33 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 0
Mike

Thank you. I was aware of most of what you said, and had successfully connected to the site safely (as far as I can discern). However, the situation differed depending on how I was accessing the web-site ...

0) (Although) my iPhone app "sahwal.com" continued to work fine -- until yesterday! ...

1) After several years of happy use, there was now nothing that I could do to get the "Daily Baduk Go Problem" App to work on my iPhone. ;-(

2) Now -- some two months after my March post here -- I cannot access the sahwal.com website at all, even using a browser -- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, ... -- on my Windows 10 PC.

4) I have still had no success in contacting the site administrator to get help to resolve this.

I believe that the 6000+ problems are quite exceptional, and it would be a pity if the service were to disappear without trace.

Does anyone have any idea about next steps?

Many thanks

Harry