It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iOS - Boardz
Post #1 Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:56 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
According to GameCenter there are 55 players available through GC, but I think there are a lot more of them outside GC players list.
My main problem with Boardz is that I really don't know a strong players there. There is maybe 1 or 2 players at my level, maybe 1 above me and thats all I know. GameCenter players list provide you ELO rank now and it's quite nice, but you can't set your own level so everyone starts from the bottom (1200 ELO points). So even if you are a high dan player it will take a months to get at the top of ranking list. At this moment I really don't know who I need to chalenge to get a good, hard and tough game to learn something from. My games there are almost always with 3-6 stones weaker players. I think it should be a way to provide your real strenght and get some kind of information about how strong the other players are.

One way is through this forum, and second (I hope) will be through Boardz itself if developer of this app will add some player info section into Boardz app.

So if you are an iPhone/iPad user and Boardz is one of your apps then pleeeaaase show yourself here and let us know your username & real rank :).

My usernames are listed below at my signature.

Thanks

Edit#1
Just for your information:
KGS 1d or stronger players that I played on Boardz:
bazik, gustaf, flaxflax, 1208638.