It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Viewing sgf files on iphone?
Post #1 Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:47 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
I know Smartgo Pro can import games from online links, but that's tedious and slow. Are there any apps to which I can transfer files to from Itunes?

Post subject: Re: Viewing sgf files on iphone?
Post #2 Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 150
Universal go server handle: judicata
You should be able to use any number of normal file organization programs (not go specific) and then use the "open in" feature. It isn't as nice as being integrated, but it's a thought.

Post #3 Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 am 
Beginner

IGS: Desmontes
Greetings,

I have been enjoying the app Go Finder (Kifu) for following along with the latest tournament games. It links directly to Gokifu.com which is kept up to date and also has the option of searching the web for .sgf files.

Although it is very functional it does not allow you to upload game files through I tunes. To accomplish this I would recommend the program "IPhone Explorer". There is a free version and it opens the contents of your phone so that you can interact with them as a desktop file folder without jailbreaking. You can simply drag and drop your files into the appropriate subfolder of whichever app you wish to view them in.

Also, it was my understanding that SmartGo Pro can only read the internal collection of professional games that comes with the app. Where do you access te feature that allows you to download/view games from the Internet?

Thanks,
Desmond

Post #4 Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:14 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 150
Universal go server handle: judicata
Desmond wrote:
Also, it was my understanding that SmartGo Pro can only read the internal collection of professional games that comes with the app. Where do you access te feature that allows you to download/view games from the Internet?

You can go to any website with SGFs--when you download them, you will usually get an option to "Open in . . . SmartGo [Pro or Kifu]." With some sites, like gogameworld, you will see the actual sgf file (the code) in Safari. To open the file in SmartGo, first select all (the entire sgf code), then select "copy." Next, open up SmartGo and navigate to add a game, then select "paste sgf."

It sounds like a lot of steps, but it is pretty simple. As I mentioned, on other websites (such as KGS), you can simply click on the link to the SGF file and use to "Open in" feature.

Under either method, the games are stored in SmartGo.

Post #5 Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am 
Beginner

IGS: Desmontes
I found the function in the My Games section. Thanks for your help, Judicata.