It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: EasyGo on iOS - review
Post #61 Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:59 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 12
Was liked: 49
rpchuang wrote:
Hi Xiang,

I am having some difficulty with Easy Go and the fuseki database. It loads ok then when I try to go to the database, it crashes. I have been able to load Kogo's Joseki Dictionary without any problem, however.

Also, How do I unsplit problems in a single sgf file? Does Easy Go require separate sgf file for each problem or can I just use the single file?

Thanks for your help and the great work!

Robert

Please send me the Fuseki database or tell me where I can download it.
EasyGo requires separate sgf file for each problem. You could use the EasyGo "split game" function to split the game containing many problems.(that is, each problem is a child/variation of the root node). Currently, EasyGo doesn't support multi-part SGF, and I plan to support it in the future.

Post #62 Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:57 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
IGS: Alberich
Online playing schedule: IGS most weekdays
I've been wondering if Easy Go supported multi part SGF files. I'm glad to hear this is being planned for a future release. By the way, I've downloaded the Joseki Dictionary and it works perfectly in Easy Go. The surprising thing is this crashed Smartgo Kifu.

Post #63 Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:10 am 
Dies with sente

It was confirmed that the opening of Fuseki db(by Arno Hollosi) would lead to a crash. And the crash was due to a bug when displaying the tree view. I'm sorry for that. The bug will be fixed in next version.

Post #64 Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 9
KGS: rpchuang
IGS: rpchuang
Wbaduk: rpchuang
Universal go server handle: rpchuang
The delete node is not working to split the sgf problems file into multiple problems files.

Would you be able to look at the delete function?

Thanks.

xiangz wrote:
rpchuang wrote:
Hi Xiang,

I am having some difficulty with Easy Go and the fuseki database. It loads ok then when I try to go to the database, it crashes. I have been able to load Kogo's Joseki Dictionary without any problem, however.

Also, How do I unsplit problems in a single sgf file? Does Easy Go require separate sgf file for each problem or can I just use the single file?

Thanks for your help and the great work!

Robert

Please send me the Fuseki database or tell me where I can download it.
EasyGo requires separate sgf file for each problem. You could use the EasyGo "split game" function to split the game containing many problems.(that is, each problem is a child/variation of the root node). Currently, EasyGo doesn't support multi-part SGF, and I plan to support it in the future.

Post #65 Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:24 am 
Dies with sente

rpchuang wrote:
The delete node is not working to split the sgf problems file into multiple problems files.

Would you be able to look at the delete function?

Thanks.

Delete node function is not used to split games. Please first select the appropriate node, then tap action button, then select "Split Game" to split.

Post #66 Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:20 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 9
KGS: rpchuang
IGS: rpchuang
Wbaduk: rpchuang
Universal go server handle: rpchuang
Ah. No wonder it was not working.

Thank you for help!

Post #67 Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 am 
Dies with sente

hanekomu wrote:
Hi,

I'm entering problems on a 19x19 board on an iPad in the lower right corner, fully zoomed, because that is how they are oriented in the book that I'm learning from. When I tap the left arrow button on the left side of the navigation bar, the visible board area doesn't change, which is fine. Except when I go all the way back to the first node; then it shows the upper left corner, still zoomed. So I have to drag back to the lower right corner.

Would it be possible, if all nodes are in only one part of the board, as they would be for local problems, to only show that part even in the first node?

Thank you.

I'll fix it. Currently, the zoomed board will be scrolled automatically to make the current move visible. As you mentioned, if the current node is the root node, and there is no move in the current node, the upper left corner will be shown. A simple solution is that if the current node has no move, then no auto scroll.

Post #68 Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:00 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 213
Was liked: 96
GD Posts: 325
One feature suggestion:

It would be nice to be able to display move numbers on the stones in the game tree. (Currently, there is only an option to display move numbers on the stones on the board.)

Post #69 Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:20 am 
Dies with sente

SpongeBob wrote:
One feature suggestion:

It would be nice to be able to display move numbers on the stones in the game tree. (Currently, there is only an option to display move numbers on the stones on the board.)

Fine, I added it to the todo list.

Post #70 Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:53 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 28
Was liked: 8
KGS: Actorios
Universal go server handle: Actorios
I do enjoy a lot Easygo. I think it's the best app to work on problems on the iPad. One feature which I miss in Easygo is the ability to export the SGF to another application. I sometimes would like to move an SGF file to another applications (example: GoodReader, Mover+ or Smartgo but to do so, I need to go through the emails.
This is not unfortunately not possible while traveling as I can't receive the emails (no 3G services).

Could such feature be considered in the future? This would be a great addition IMHO.

Post #71 Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:18 am 
Dies with sente

Actorios wrote:
I do enjoy a lot Easygo. I think it's the best app to work on problems on the iPad. One feature which I miss in Easygo is the ability to export the SGF to another application. I sometimes would like to move an SGF file to another applications (example: GoodReader, Mover+ or Smartgo but to do so, I need to go through the emails.
This is not unfortunately not possible while traveling as I can't receive the emails (no 3G services).

Could such feature be considered in the future? This would be a great addition IMHO.

I guess you just used the email sharing on problem mode. If you switch to game edit mode(by tap the action button in the toolbar), then you can tap the action button again, and you will find the "Open In" option, which does exactly what you want. Note: Due to iOS limitation, up to 10 applications will be displayed in Open In menu, please refer to this article for details: http://www.iphonejd.com/iphone_jd/2012/ ... -menu.html

As to the exported zip file listed under file manager, I plan to add a "Open In" function too.

Post #72 Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:31 am 
Dies with sente

Hi all,

EasyGo Lite is now available in Appstore, please check it out. It's free.
Although it has the following limitations, you can try almost all the functions(including unlimited import/export).
1. All the 2368 bundled problems are viewable, only the first 5 percent of problems under each category are available for practicing. (minimum 5, maximum 20 problems under each category)
2. For game replay, only the first 30 moves are allowed(the last two moves can't be replayed if total move number is less than 30). For game edit, only 30 moves can be input.
3. For problem practice under My Games, only the first two problems in each folder can be practiced.
4. Handling the game to other apps via Open In is disabled.

Post subject: Re: Bug in the "Games Select" sidebar
Post #73 Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:55 am 
Dies with sente

hanekomu wrote:
There seems to be a bug that occurs when performing an unsupported action in the sidebar.

Marcel

Yes, I can also reproduce this. Currently, it only occurs in portrait mode. I'll fix it in the next update.

Post #74 Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 pm 
Dies with sente

Just let you konw that the version 1.3 was just released, please check it out at Appstore.

V1.3 Sep 9, 2012
Enhancements:
• multi-part SGF support
• in batch edit, copy games/folders is now supported
• open in support in file manager
• long tap a stone on the board to jump to that position
• on iPad landscape full screen mode, two finger swipe up to hide status bar and navigation bar, swipe up again to hide bottom toolbar, two finger swipe down to restore
• on iPad landscape mode, add a button to show the game in full screen(the same function as two finger tap on the tree view)
• add prev, next move button in replay mode
• add an option to set the default game mode: edit(default), replay or remember the last mode
• add an option to put the prev, next move button on the right (default On on iPad, off on iPhone)
• add an option to show move number in the tree view
• add an option to only show the move number of the last one, two, five, ten moves
• add an option to only show the last two digits of the move number
• move number on the stone is now bold
• add an option to show bigger stones
• add an option to adjust the auto replay interval increment
• the maximum board zoom level was increased from 2.0 to 2.5
• the red triangle marking the current move is a little bit larger if the move number is not shown
• performance tuning: the app responds more quickly now if the custom stone image is very big

Bug fixes:
• black won shows w+resign. and now supports game result set by Igowin HD
• crash on Fuseki db
• crash if variation tree depth is very large (such as one classic problem with more than 3000 moves on the main line)
• custom board image showned upside down
• zoomed in at the lower right corner to enter problem, then go back to root node, the board is shown at the upper left corner.
• iPad portrait mode, if try to mail a folder, after the warning message, the sidebar still greyed out unless terminating the app; if paste sgf fail, after the warning dialog, the sidebar is still greyed out.

Post #75 Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 12
Thanks for the update. I use this app more than SmartGo now because of the good editing features, but there is still one that really bothers me. On iPhone when the board is zoomed out to the farthest setting, you cannot see any of the star points on the board.

This makes it basically impossible to place stones when zoomed out because you cannot use the star points for positional reference.

Post #76 Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:36 am 
Dies with sente

Hi Lamp,

I can't understand your issue. Two screenshots are attached. The first one is the max zoom level, you can see one star in the corner. The second is the default zoom level after double tap, you can see four stars. Although the stars are small, they are visible.(I might need to enlarge the stars a little bit in future versions)
Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 19.36 KiB | Viewed 11450 times ]

Attachment:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 23.09 KiB | Viewed 11450 times ]

Post #77 Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:14 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 12
This is what i'm referring to

Star point is completely invisible. Maybe you can make it where the star point has a minimum possible size that it can scale to, and it will never get smaller than that.

Post #78 Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:30 pm 
Dies with sente

Hi Lamp,

Sorry, you mean zoom out, I mean zoom in.
I'll fix this in next update. Currently, you could just turn the coordinates off.

Post #79 Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:51 am 
Dies with sente

hanekomu wrote:
1.)At the bottom of the game list, there is a toolbar including the "+" button with which I can create and edit a new game (problem) in the current folder. Now I enter the problem, save it and tap "Game Select" in the upper left corner to go back to the game list.

But suddenly the toolbar at the bottom has vanished! It does not reappear no matter how much I rotate the iPad (it doesn't reappear even in landscape mode), change folders, swipe or whatever.

It’s not a new bug introduced in V1.3. I guess you have also upgraded to iOS 6.0 besides updating EasyGo to V1.3. It’s an iOS 6.0 compatibility issue. I’ve already submitted a new v1.3.1 version to Appstore on Sep.23, and it should be available in Appstore soon.
By the way, V1.3.1 also supports iPhone 5 4 inch screen.
hanekomu wrote:
2.)When the app starts in landscape mode, I see a blank board (no lines) but the game list sidebar opens. Ok. But when I start the app in portrait mode, the game list doesn't appear either - I have to tap the "Game Select" button.

This problem is also related to iOS 6.0 and has been fixed in V1.3.1.
That is, the restoring the last opened game function is not working in iOS 6.0. Every time you start the application, just like starting the app first time after installation.
hanekomu wrote:
3.)The "Settings" can only be accessed from the gear icon at the bottom of the sidebar in the top-level folder. I find this inconvenient because I have folders nested several levels. Could you make the "settings" available from any folder?

I’ll try to move/duplicate part of the “global” settings to the settings in the game/problem view.(located in the right of the navigation bar)
hanekomu wrote:
4.)In addition to the "Settings" being available everywhere, it would be good to have an option to "edit the game in original orientation".

I think no need to add an option. The game should be edited in the original orientation anyway.( I just neglected the game might has been auto rotated/flipped/color swapped. And this will be fixed).
By the way, during game edit, rotate/flip board function will be added later. And the rotation will be saved to disk, not just rotate the view only. That is , if you just want to rotate the view temporarily, please don’t save the game(discard the change)
hanekomu wrote:
5.)In landscape mode, when I tap on "+" to create a new game, enter some moves, then "Save", the game doesn't appear on the sidebar unless I go up a folder, then down into that folder again. I assume this is no problem in portrait mode because the game list is hidden while editing a game, so when you tap "Game Select", it reloads the current folder. The sidebar in landscape mode needs to reload as well when creating a new game.
6.)I can't exactly reproduce it but had it happen several times now that when I go to "Settings", then back, the game list is completely empty; I had to tap the icon in the bottom left that looks like 3x3 dots, then the icon in the same place that looks like a bulleted list, to get the entries in the sidebar back.

For these two issues, I’ve tried many times, and can’t reproduce them. Please just wait for the V1.3.1 update, and tell me whether these issues persist.
I guess it might have something to do with low memory, and the app have hidden bugs. I’ll try my best to fix them.
hanekomu wrote:
All in all it looks like there are quite a few problems with this update.

Sorry for that, most of them are related to iOS 6.0.
hanekomu wrote:
If you want, I can test future releases using the ad-hoc provisioning mechanism.

I really appreciate you can test future versions. Due to Apple restrictions, I need the UUID of your iPad, Please PM it to me. (You can refer to this for how to find the UUID: http://www.hightechdad.com/2011/06/09/h ... n-a-panic/)

Post #80 Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 am 
Dies with sente

Version 1.4 was just released, please check it out at Appstore.
The V1.4 update for the lite version will be available soon.

V1.4 Feb. 8, 2013
Enhancements:
Spaced repetition study
• Added per-folder statistics support
• The current node position of the last opened game is remembered when the app is restarted.
• Grid view (thumbnail view) has the same sort options as list view. The option can be set in either view and the chosen option is kept when you switch back and forth between views.
• Changed the default stone image. "Big stone" is now on by default.
• Random rotate/swap color and double tap to zoom can be configured in game settings as well as in global settings. The chosen settings still apply globally.
• Either "right" or "correct" can now be used in the comment of the last node to mark the correct variation. The key word is case insensitive and can be surrounded by other words. For example, “Ko is correct.”
• Separate toggles for stone click sound and result jingle sound.

Bug fixes:
• During game edit, if the prev/next button was on the left, the markup symbol (triangle, square, cross, etc.) did not shown in the toolbar after being selected. And on an iPad, if the button was tapped again, the app crashed.
• From problem test to game edit, the game is restored to the original if random rotation/swap is applied.
• The stats were not always shown correctly after switching profile or resetting stats.
• On iPad landscape mode, the app might crash upon close the full screen grid view.

Problem updates:
The solution to following problems have been updated:
Life and Death - Medium : No 8, 21, 40, 51
Tesuji: No 109

EDIT: Spaced repetition study help file: html(optimized for iPhone small screen), pdf

This post by xiangz was liked by: Bonobo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next