It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: anDGS
Post #21 Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:07 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
Looks like the last update finally fixed the crashing bug, got 2 full games recorded now without any problems.

Post #22 Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:39 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 15
Was liked: 64
GD Posts: 2067
KGS: mgd
DGS: mdobbins
Mcgreag wrote:
Looks like the last update finally fixed the crashing bug, got 2 full games recorded now without any problems.

Thank you for the report and thank you for your patience while I fixed the bug.

Now that this stable release is out, I can start working again on annotations in the local editor.

Post #23 Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:16 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
If I may make a feature request then I would like a jump to move feature. Either jump to move number or jumping to point when stone was played. It has happen several times now then I been looking at games post playing that I accidentally hit last move instead of next move and when that happens it can take a long time to get back to where I was.

Post #24 Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 pm 
Lives with ko

Mcgreag wrote:
If I may make a feature request then I would like a jump to move feature. Either jump to move number or jumping to point when stone was played. It has happen several times now then I been looking at games post playing that I accidentally hit last move instead of next move and when that happens it can take a long time to get back to where I was.

Done!

Version 1.17 has a new Options menu in the game editor which had a Mode selector to switch between "edit" and "browse" modes. "edit" works as before and inserts moves on the board, "browse" goes to the first move at the location specified which can be earlier in the game or later (or does nothing if there was no move in the main line of the game record there.) You can even browse to a move, switch modes to edit and insert variations.

A little gift for your loss of complete recordings in the early early rounds in the EGC.

BTW, I could easily add an option to jump to a move number if it was useful, but move numbers are not always counted the same way by everyone and not as intuitive as the new feature above, so it is less attractive to me.

Another feature I could add is a preference in the main menu to control the "double arrow" buttons on the editor, for example instead of going to the beginning, I could make it jump forward or backward by some number of moves, for example 10. I think that is a general preference rather than an option settable for a particular game editing session.

You have got me thinking about the editor again. ;)

Post #25 Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:01 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Thank you for one of the few apps I use everyday :)
I have two feature requests for you
  • Pass and Resign "moves"
  • List ongoing games (clickable links for the game record would be nice)

I apologize if these things are possible to do already, but I failed to understand how to do it.

Another thing that might be nice would be if the app could notify me if that I have games waiting for my move. This is not very important though.

Post #26 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:39 am 
Lives with ko

pel wrote:
Thank you for one of the few apps I use everyday :)
I have two feature requests for you
  • Pass and Resign "moves"
  • List ongoing games (clickable links for the game record would be nice)

I apologize if these things are possible to do already, but I failed to understand how to do it.

Another thing that might be nice would be if the app could notify me if that I have games waiting for my move. This is not very important though.

Thank you for the comment and requests.

- Pass and Resign "moves"
I would have liked to have implemented this already, but the current "Robot" interface on DGS does not support this. When the next version of the interface is ready, I will support it. I may become impatient and figure out how to do it through the browser interface as it is such a basic needed feature.

-List ongoing games
I could implement this. I have been thinking of redesigning some of the pages to allow for more features like this (I personally want to see messages.) But a lot of new features are driven by an update to the DGS Robot interface.

-Notifier
I could do it and would like to do it, but, as you said, has so far been a low priority item.

It is great to get requests, it often motivates me to work on the client some more. The standard board marks in version 1.19 was from a user request.

Post #27 Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:15 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 3
In recording mode isn't possible to add an option for autosaving the game move-by-move?

If enabled, after each move (or after each 2), the sgf is updated automatically. Maybe the user can type wrong moves, so there are several trees you can calmly delete with any sgf editor later.

Post #28 Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:09 am 
Lives with ko

kaliya wrote:
In recording mode isn't possible to add an option for autosaving the game move-by-move?

If enabled, after each move (or after each 2), the sgf is updated automatically. Maybe the user can type wrong moves, so there are several trees you can calmly delete with any sgf editor later.

On any Android device or app state change the local editor saves the current sgf game tree in a file called recovery. The first line of the file is some inforation for anDGS, but the rest is the entire game tree in standard sgf format. You should never have to look at the recovery file as you are prompted to recover (or not) when reentering anDGS editor if the recover file is there from the last session. But it is all there if you want to look.

When you are at some point you want to save, you can always save in the original sgf file or a different one or even ignore all the changes. So nothing is ever lost, unless the user takes a specific action to cause the loss.

This covers the situations that I can think of, so even if you forget to save at the end of a session, you will be prompted to be able to recover then save on the next session. The only possibility that I can think of is if you have some other app tracking the sgf record move by move as the anDGS editor is updating it. But that seems extreem and if someone ever does that I can add an option.