Life In 19x19
http://lifein19x19.com/

Go Eye released AR feature!
http://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7433
Page 5 of 18

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

exe wrote:
Can GoEye read PDFs, and create SGF from problems in PDF?

For example, I have several problem books in PDF, let's say 2-6 problems per page. I would like to be able to create SGFs from those problems. Can I use GoEye for that?

Thanks


Go Eye cannot directly read PDFs (It generates PDF). One workaround is to capture the PDF into images and let Go Eye do the recognition.

Here is some ref for converting PDF to images automatically: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-ways-to- ... jpg-image/

But maybe Go Eye will have this in the future :)

Author:  macelee [ Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

exe wrote:
Can GoEye read PDFs, and create SGF from problems in PDF?

For example, I have several problem books in PDF, let's say 2-6 problems per page. I would like to be able to create SGFs from those problems. Can I use GoEye for that?

Thanks


Hi exe, Go Eye cannot open PDF files directly, however, diagrams on the PDF can be treated as images, which in turn can be recognised by Go Eye. Here is how you do this:

  • Open the PDF using your favorite PDF reader, zoom to the Go diagram as appropriate. Take a screen capture (by pressing your IPhone/IPad's home button and power button at the same time)
  • Open Go Eye, select Image Recognition, select "Camera Roll" to find the screen capture you've just taken
  • Because your screen capture might contain text, you need to select an area containing the Go diagram only so that Go Eye does not get confused. You can do this by tap your screen and drag your finger, a green rectangle will appear to help you select the area (see my attached image below)
    Attachment:
    screen1.png
    screen1.png [ 99.66 KiB | Viewed 4784 times ]
  • Once selected, tap the "Eye" icon below, Go Eye will start recognition. Hopefully if the quality of the PDF is good, the diagram can be converted to SGF. Click the 'check' icon below to accept the result an open it in Go Eye (see image below)
    Attachment:
    screen2.png
    screen2.png [ 294.36 KiB | Viewed 4784 times ]

Author:  exe [ Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

thanks

it all sounds great, but that's not what i am looking for.

taking a screenshot of every page from PDF, then opening,... correcting SGFs, etc - it's probably faster to create SGFs using Drago.

another question, as I dont think it's mentioned.
can goEye create SGF from solution? as solution have stones from the problem, and added numbered stones, it makes sense to use solution to create SGF.

thanks

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

exe wrote:
thanks

it all sounds great, but that's not what i am looking for.

taking a screenshot of every page from PDF, then opening,... correcting SGFs, etc - it's probably faster to create SGFs using Drago.

another question, as I dont think it's mentioned.
can goEye create SGF from solution? as solution have stones from the problem, and added numbered stones, it makes sense to use solution to create SGF.

thanks


Hi, exe, Go Eye is able to create/edit sophisticated SGF games with variants, and you can add pre-set stones too. Please let me know if the answer misunderstands what you mean by "use solution".

Author:  exe [ Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

Thanks, but looks like we didnt understand each other:)

Can I create SGF using GoEye from
http://senseis.xmp.net/?MaedaTsumego%2FAnswer157lem


This is solution, so the original problem 157
(see here http://senseis.xmp.net/?MaedaTsumego)
is there original problem plus numbered stones, eg solution.

So instead of creating problem SGFs with GoEye (without solution) then creating the answer manually using some Go editor, can I create SGFs by 'scanning' solutions? And getting it all at once.

Hope I explained it better this time,

Thanks

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

exe wrote:
Thanks, but looks like we didnt understand each other:)

Can I create SGF using GoEye from
http://senseis.xmp.net/?MaedaTsumego%2FAnswer157lem


This is solution, so the original problem 157
(see here http://senseis.xmp.net/?MaedaTsumego)
is there original problem plus numbered stones, eg solution.

So instead of creating problem SGFs with GoEye (without solution) then creating the answer manually using some Go editor, can I create SGFs by 'scanning' solutions? And getting it all at once.

Hope I explained it better this time,

Thanks


Not quite clear. Why "creating the answer manually using some Go editor"? Why not just do that in Go Eye? Go Eye is a full-fledge SGF editor. What do you mean by "scanning"? Using image recognition to recognize the number sequence?

Author:  exe [ Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

I don't have GoEye, and didnt use it, so my terminology and explanation of the process is a little bit off. Forgot 'scanning', wrong word.

> Why "creating the answer manually using some Go editor"?
> Why not just do that in Go Eye? Go Eye is a full-fledge SGF editor
I don't want to use any Go editor, including GoEye. I want GoEye to do that for me. That was kind of question, "do I need to use Go editor to add solution/number sequence?"

> What do you mean by "scanning"?
>Using image recognition to recognize the number sequence?
Yes, will GoEye recognize and create number sequence (eg the answer/solution) and create SGF?

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

exe wrote:
I don't have GoEye, and didnt use it, so my terminology and explanation of the process is a little bit off. Forgot 'scanning', wrong word.

> Why "creating the answer manually using some Go editor"?
> Why not just do that in Go Eye? Go Eye is a full-fledge SGF editor
I don't want to use any Go editor, including GoEye. I want GoEye to do that for me. That was kind of question, "do I need to use Go editor to add solution/number sequence?"

> What do you mean by "scanning"?
>Using image recognition to recognize the number sequence?
Yes, will GoEye recognize and create number sequence (eg the answer/solution) and create SGF?


I see. You want to have an app that is able to recognize the sequence number in a life&death problem image, right? Go Eye doesn't recognize the numbers in an image now. But we may add it in the future. See the long comments about this that I replied in http://go4go.net/go/goeye.

Author:  lobotommy [ Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

1) I don't know how it was previously but the app does not remember a position in a current game. So if I go from a game to the main menu and then come back I'm looking at a blank board instead of position I was at.

2) Sometimes I would like to compare quickly two games I have in my library, or just go to the next problem without going out to main menu. Next game/previous game buttons would be a good thing. It would be very useful especially with problems collections.

3) one small thing - if a game is locked and "No editing if locked" is set On, the small lock is visible in a game view and if I touch it it will unlock a game for editing - it's good, but what if I want to lock it again without having to go to the main menu? It would be nice to have this lock icon permanent - opened/locked alternately, don't you think?

I love plain B/W view without any colour textures - thanks for this.

Any plans for Dropbox/Google/iCloud synchronization between devices?

Author:  macelee [ Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

lobotommy wrote:
Any plans for Dropbox/Google/iCloud synchronization between devices?


Not sure about other cloud services, but Dropbox has an API for doing this:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/blog ... developers

Hopefully should be easy enough to do.

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

lobotommy wrote:
1) I don't know how it was previously but the app does not remember a position in a current game. So if I go from a game to the main menu and then come back I'm looking at a blank board instead of position I was at.

2) Sometimes I would like to compare quickly two games I have in my library, or just go to the next problem without going out to main menu. Next game/previous game buttons would be a good thing. It would be very useful especially with problems collections.

3) one small thing - if a game is locked and "No editing if locked" is set On, the small lock is visible in a game view and if I touch it it will unlock a game for editing - it's good, but what if I want to lock it again without having to go to the main menu? It would be nice to have this lock icon permanent - opened/locked alternately, don't you think?

I love plain B/W view without any colour textures - thanks for this.

Any plans for Dropbox/Google/iCloud synchronization between devices?


Good to see all these good suggestions!

There is no stored game position yet. But this is a good suggestion. Will add it in future release.

Next/Prev is good too. This has been in my todo list for some time :)

For locking one, if game position is remembered, then current situation would be fine. The idea behind current design is that locking is using the semaphore that we usually lock a door outside :)

For synchronization between devices, it is tougher than first thought as we need to maintenance the consistency between devices. When sync'ed, you have to do the merge. e.g., you add a game in this device, add another game in another device, eventually you have to make both devices having these two games when sync'ed. Another problem is that the synchronization time should not make the app slow and hurt the user experience, if there are large collection of games saved locally. This will take some time to find a good solution and resolve it. This is also in the todo list for a while.

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

macelee wrote:
lobotommy wrote:
Any plans for Dropbox/Google/iCloud synchronization between devices?


Not sure about other cloud services, but Dropbox has an API for doing this:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/blog ... developers

Hopefully should be easy enough to do.


Thanks for the link. If for static files to sync, then it is relatively easy to do it. For complex database and dynamic content, it is tough than we expect. Using icloud would be more integrated and suited for iOS.

Author:  jenson [ Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 am ]
Post subject:  Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

lobotommy wrote:
1) I don't know how it was previously but the app does not remember a position in a current game. So if I go from a game to the main menu and then come back I'm looking at a blank board instead of position I was at.

2) Sometimes I would like to compare quickly two games I have in my library, or just go to the next problem without going out to main menu. Next game/previous game buttons would be a good thing. It would be very useful especially with problems collections.

3) one small thing - if a game is locked and "No editing if locked" is set On, the small lock is visible in a game view and if I touch it it will unlock a game for editing - it's good, but what if I want to lock it again without having to go to the main menu? It would be nice to have this lock icon permanent - opened/locked alternately, don't you think?

I love plain B/W view without any colour textures - thanks for this.

Any plans for Dropbox/Google/iCloud synchronization between devices?


Lobotommy has listed some great features to be included in next release of GoEye which I would also like to have.

I only use it actively when there are major tournaments as well as studying the active correspondence games I have on various go servers.

Recently I'm quite busy at work and no time to touch my favorite GoEye.

Thanks for the good reviews and features requests and the prompt releases and fixes by GoEye :-)

Author:  lobotommy [ Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

The app is really nice but there is one little issue.
The problematic feature in GoEye is variations design, how it works.

Variations almost always come with some comments, they are part of every game review process. In GoEye if you see a comment you don't see a button for variation, if you are looking at variations - then comments are hidden.

It makes a reading reviewed game a little too hard in terms of how it works, too much things you need to do to get what you need. You need to swipe comments/variations area all the time. It is distracting.

And another issue I have with it is that if I have variations view then I don't know when there is a commentary. So I need to go to variations, choose one I want and then swipe back to comments view, but if then I want come back to other variation I need to swipe back there and come back to comments again...

So, the best would be giving a thumbnails of variations not on the second area, but as a movable row under a comment section, for example like on the image I presented below. (A little "tweak" for variation move included)
Image:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s6/sh/17ce05cf-0f38-4e60-b2f0-15ff2bb22afb/635a06ceb3351caac1214d00f5d008eb

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

lobotommy wrote:
The app is really nice but there is one little issue.
The problematic feature in GoEye is variations design, how it works.

Variations almost always come with some comments, they are part of every game review process. In GoEye if you see a comment you don't see a button for variation, if you are looking at variations - then comments are hidden.

It makes a reading reviewed game a little too hard in terms of how it works, too much things you need to do to get what you need. You need to swipe comments/variations area all the time. It is distracting.

And another issue I have with it is that if I have variations view then I don't know when there is a commentary. So I need to go to variations, choose one I want and then swipe back to comments view, but if then I want come back to other variation I need to swipe back there and come back to comments again...

So, the best would be giving a thumbnails of variations not on the second area, but as a movable row under a comment section, for example like on the image I presented below. (A little "tweak" for variation move included)
Image:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s6/sh/17ce05cf-0f38-4e60-b2f0-15ff2bb22afb/635a06ceb3351caac1214d00f5d008eb


Really nice design.
All of us will have that in Go Eye :)

Author:  jenson [ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

GoEye2012 wrote:
lobotommy wrote:
The app is really nice but there is one little issue.
The problematic feature in GoEye is variations design, how it works.

Variations almost always come with some comments, they are part of every game review process. In GoEye if you see a comment you don't see a button for variation, if you are looking at variations - then comments are hidden.

It makes a reading reviewed game a little too hard in terms of how it works, too much things you need to do to get what you need. You need to swipe comments/variations area all the time. It is distracting.

And another issue I have with it is that if I have variations view then I don't know when there is a commentary. So I need to go to variations, choose one I want and then swipe back to comments view, but if then I want come back to other variation I need to swipe back there and come back to comments again...

So, the best would be giving a thumbnails of variations not on the second area, but as a movable row under a comment section, for example like on the image I presented below. (A little "tweak" for variation move included)
Image:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s6/sh/17ce05cf-0f38-4e60-b2f0-15ff2bb22afb/635a06ceb3351caac1214d00f5d008eb


Really nice design.
All of us will have that in Go Eye :)


I want that design too :-p

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

Dear all, a sneak peek of Go Eye's next release :)

Attachments:
IMG_2219.PNG
IMG_2219.PNG [ 621.09 KiB | Viewed 4422 times ]

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

GoEye2012 wrote:
Dear all, a sneak peek of Go Eye's next release :)


One more (in Japanese locale) for iPad. The new action panel and the game list navigation buttons ...

Attachments:
iOS Simulator Screen shot 31 Jul, 2013 6.03.37 PM.png
iOS Simulator Screen shot 31 Jul, 2013 6.03.37 PM.png [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 4392 times ]

Author:  GoEye2012 [ Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

You may wonder, where is lobotommy's design? Here it is.

In the next release of Go Eye, besides the features hinted by the above pictures, we will have more convenient and handy features:)

Attachments:
iOS Simulator Screen shot 31 Jul, 2013 11.30.47 PM.png
iOS Simulator Screen shot 31 Jul, 2013 11.30.47 PM.png [ 2.43 MiB | Viewed 4369 times ]

Author:  lobotommy [ Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!

GoEye2012 wrote:
You may wonder, where is lobotommy's design? Here it is.


Haha, I hope you have tested it and found it useful, otherwise I will be judged and punished by angry GoEye users.

Page 5 of 18 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/