Post #1 Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:50 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 48
Was liked: 149
KGS: Erythen
Wbaduk: Erythen
Universal go server handle: Erythen
Online playing schedule: Beijing Time: Usually between 20:00 - 22:00
Come this summer I might start dealing in brand new agate Go stones in addition to my used and cleaned slate and shell sets.

I'm just trying to gauge if there is an interest in agate stones or if I should focus most of my resources entirely on Slate and Shell.

They would come in red, white, and black, be Japanese/international standard in diameter (about 21.5 - 22 mm) and hopefully come in sizes 32 (8.8 mm) and 36 (10.1 mm).

Prices would likely be somewhere between $200 - $400 per set depending on the stones and what was included (box, bowls, board). All sets should also include a gem certificate certifying they're genuine and not artificial.

Post subject: Re: Agate Go Stones
Post #2 Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:02 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 155
Was liked: 25
Hi,
long time to answer and this is maybe a first info about your question ;-)
I looked here and there for an agate go stones set, but let go the idea due to the fact that most if not all sets I have seen around in online shops are based on shiny black and...
...partly transparent, whitish stones that didn't have any appeal on me :tmbdown:

Sooner or later - maybe later though - I think I will be interested on a set based on alternative gem material, due to the fact that it will probably have some distict advantages over shell and slate (namely: less need to maintenance and care) still I am not sure what colours I would like. I was thinking to a complementary colours set, possibly based on blue/brown, green/red match with the issue of finding the right "material" also to have other conditions that mimic the standard glossy white and matt black of the japanese style sets, something like striped/spackled/veined material.

Some pictures of the colours you suggested could help developing that idea.
I didn't know agate could have colour variations up to red, but had to change my mind since I have found pictures like this one: red and striped, very nice!
Attachment:
striped_agate.jpg
striped_agate.jpg [ 16.49 KiB | Viewed 166 times ]

Do you think that white sets can be found also in milky white colour?

Last but not least, for those who like to believe in luck, horoscope and gemmology, agate is the mineral connected with Gemini.

Galation