Dies in gote

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 12
KGS: chiahc1
Tygem: chiahc1
Online playing schedule: Tygem most everyday around 21:00 UTC
samlarsoonn wrote:
Quote:
Hey, does anyone know if there are any ongoing subscription fees for this AI feature? Also is there plans to get this board connected to OGS?

bumping this up because I'm also interested

There is no subscription fees for the online service. I am not sure if there are any plans for OGS, personally I wouldn't bet on it since I don't think OGS is as popular in China. Playing online with the board has its downsides since it usually takes longer and if you are short on time you might lose the game due to time limit.

I would only buy the board if you like the idea of playing/reviewing with AI and treat playing online as a nice to have feature.

Post subject: Re: Physical AI go board!
Post #22 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:16 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 136
chen1664 wrote:
I would only buy the board if you like the idea of playing/reviewing with AI and treat playing online as a nice to have feature.

I'd like to have one simply for the addition of a cool tool to the collection of go equipment. Still hoping some enterprising individual with the capital and infrastructure to manage a wholesale order of, say, 20-50 units will step up and organize a group purchase. Heck, I'm in for one.

Chen, do you have any new observations on performance or utility? Are you really using it or did it turn out to be a bit of an idiosyncrantic acquisition (most likely in my case)?

Post #23 Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:11 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 12
KGS: chiahc1
Tygem: chiahc1
Online playing schedule: Tygem most everyday around 21:00 UTC
bogiesan wrote:
Chen, do you have any new observations on performance or utility? Are you really using it or did it turn out to be a bit of an idiosyncrantic acquisition (most likely in my case)?

Hey Bogiesan, I haven't been playing Go as much, but when I do play I mostly play with the Go board AI. For me I enjoy the learning aspect of Go more than anything, and playing with AI is a perfect place for me to practice the moves I learned where I don't have to worry about rank and I can rearrange the board however I want.

I have this board for many months and I have notice that they are continuing to update its software, there are now many new features, to name a few: they added tournament mode (haven't tried it but I think you get to play in a tournament with people who apply), the biggest one for me is deeper AI variations, before I can only see 5 moves ahead in review, with the new updates now I can see 20+ moves for some variations.

Overall I have no regard buying this board and it's very nice to see that they are still trying to make this product better.

Post #24 Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:19 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 13
KGS: Soromon
OGS: Soromon
I'm bumping this topic to announce that IZIS has joined Baduk.Club as a vendor to offer this board internationally.

https://store.baduk.club/collections/cl ... aduk-board

Post #25 Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:03 pm 
Lives in gote

Congratulations. i’ve got to pay off my new induction range first but expect an order within a year.

Post #26 Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:33 pm 
Lives in gote

Soromon wrote:
I'm bumping this topic to announce that IZIS has joined Baduk.Club as a vendor to offer this board internationally.

https://store.baduk.club/collections/cl ... aduk-board

I’ve watched every video I can find about this device, mostly in Chinese and Korean, no subtitles. Not very helpful but fun. If you’re going to sell these to everyone who might want one, you are going to need some decent promotional video clips that clearly demonstrate it will be than a curiosity that will just gather dust.

Hey, send me one. I’ll review it for you.

Post #27 Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:02 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Hi there!

It is still interesting if this thing can be connected to the computer, and if so - what can we get from that (like, can it be paired with computer for playing AI?). Does anyone know/have tried?