It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amazon YMI 'Kitani Bowls' received different bowls
Post #1 Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
KGS: H2S04
I ordered the single convex Yunzi and Kitani bowls from YMI's amazon store.

Link Here:
http://www.amazon.com/Yunzi-SINGLE-CONV ... 95&sr=1-60

The picture of the bowls is much different than the bowls I received. The bowls I received also had a diamond shaped Yunnan Weiqi Factory sticker on the bottom of the lid which makes me think they're cheaper bowls from the factory. I can't imagine they'd put a sticker on bowls just because they were selling Yunzi with them.

I've never purchased any go equipment before and I am unable to judge if they're of comparable quality as the kitani bowls pictured, but I was curious for some input from people who know about Go equipment. (I already emailed amazon since the order was 'Fulfilled by Amazon' and was just curious about what I received.)

Bowls I received: http://imgur.com/a/LpCdj

I removed the sticker when I first got the bowls because I didn't realize they were different until I looked online again.

Overall I'm happy, just having a little buyers remorse after looking online and seeing similar bowls and stones for much cheaper than 50 dollars that look like they're the same thing I got.

Post subject: Re: Amazon YMI 'Kitani Bowls' received different bowls
Post #2 Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:57 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 13
KGS: ZeroKun
H2S04 wrote:
I ordered the single convex Yunzi and Kitani bowls from YMI's amazon store.

Link Here:
http://www.amazon.com/Yunzi-SINGLE-CONV ... 95&sr=1-60

The picture of the bowls is much different than the bowls I received. The bowls I received also had a diamond shaped Yunnan Weiqi Factory sticker on the bottom of the lid which makes me think they're cheaper bowls from the factory. I can't imagine they'd put a sticker on bowls just because they were selling Yunzi with them.

I've never purchased any go equipment before and I am unable to judge if they're of comparable quality as the kitani bowls pictured, but I was curious for some input from people who know about Go equipment. (I already emailed amazon since the order was 'Fulfilled by Amazon' and was just curious about what I received.)

Bowls I received: http://imgur.com/a/LpCdj

I removed the sticker when I first got the bowls because I didn't realize they were different until I looked online again.

Overall I'm happy, just having a little buyers remorse after looking online and seeing similar bowls and stones for much cheaper than 50 dollars that look like they're the same thing I got.

I have what you're supposed to have, I think your set is a better one in my opinion, also the price is pretty good. I think I ended up spending 80 all together from YMI's ebay page.

Post #3 Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
KGS: H2S04
The only difference should be our bowls correct? Do you have any pictures of your bowls? I washed and oiled my stones, but our stones shouldn't look appreciably different.

Post #4 Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:57 am 
Dies with sente

H2S04 wrote:
The only difference should be our bowls correct? Do you have any pictures of your bowls? I washed and oiled my stones, but our stones shouldn't look appreciably different.

Actually I got the set with double convex stones. I'll take a shot when I get home, don't hold your breath it'll be pretty late. Can you take another shot at a lower angle, I don't know if it's the angle or the fact that the bowls are actually round, the set I bought(double checked just incase) are more of a Hersey Kiss type shape.

Post #5 Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 123
GD Posts: 292
KGS: RedBeard
DGS: Akahige
H2S04 wrote:

Don't worry. I had the bowls form the Amazon picture at one time and I think the ones you received are nicer. If you are really bothered by this, contact YMI customer support. They are very helpful and will make sure you are happy with your order.

Post #6 Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:32 pm 
Dies with sente

Here's a shot, the flash on the camera really lightened them up, but I do think the shapes are different.

http://i.imgur.com/sN940.jpg