All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A new place where can play Go game,welcome you!LKGS
Post #1 Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:57 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Online playing schedule: LKGS Lanke Go Server
most 9:00-22:00 UTC+8
Lanke Go Server (LKGS) is a new website you can play Go game,it's started by three Go (Weiqi) lovers ,They spent a lot of spare time to complete this website,Now,you can play Go (weiqi) game on it,The founders of the website are my friends,So,i share the website with you ,if someone would like to play with me ,you can find me on Lanke Go Server (LKGS).
Lanke Go Server (LKGS)'s website:http://www.lanke.cc, Welcome you!
thanks a lot!

Post subject: Re: A new place where can play Go game,welcome you!LKG
Post #2 Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:06 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 93
Was liked: 105
GD Posts: 600
Nice, but there is not much going on there.

Is it somehow possible to change one's initial rank somewhere?

Post #3 Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:28 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Online playing schedule: LKGS Lanke Go Server
most 9:00-22:00 UTC+8
Yes,you can't change your initial rank without playing the game,at the beginning,You need to choose your game rank actually if you are a Registered users,a visitor's rank is 18kyu for ever.The system will adjust the rank according to the results of the games you have played. though there are some problems need to be solved, but we all are working hard for this site,LKGS will be known by many people who likes Go game in the future! thank you everyone!
my English is limited,I don't know whether I accurate answer your question, no matter what, welcome to the website: LKGS ,Happiness!

Attachments:
1.png
1.png [ 236.49 KiB | Viewed 8349 times ]
3.png
3.png [ 106.95 KiB | Viewed 8349 times ]
2.png
2.png [ 92.78 KiB | Viewed 8349 times ]

Post #4 Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:43 am 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
Where is this server located? The screen shots all look Chinese. Is it a friendly environment for English speakers?

Post #5 Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:23 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 128
Quote:
The screen shots all look Chinese.

There is a basic English translation, but it seems unfished at this point. Also, when I visited, most of the users had Chinese usernames, which just look like white noise to me.

The graphics/sound I like very much.
Especially the board is very nice. Is it really so hard to make a pleasing go-board, dear Western go community? *looks at OGS and KGS*

So, in conclusion, I like the interface, but I don't see any incentive for using this server over Tygem or WBaduk at the moment, given its small userbase as well as the unfinished English translation.

Post #6 Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:34 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 14
Universal go server handle: crodgers
Really? The board at OGS is what got me interested in the server back when it was still Nova. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

This post by crodgers was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Hong Ny

Post #7 Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:05 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 52
Was liked: 39
Best of luck with your server. :tmbup:

Post #8 Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:00 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 2
KGS: 5 kyu
Tygem: 10 kyu
Wbaduk: 11 kyu
OGS: 10 kyu
As Non-Asian with European background I did my first two testgames on 6th and 7th December against a 4kyu (LKGS) after I discovered the new address this week on Facebook.

1st I lost as white (b+21.5) because my attack on black's bottom right corner failed...

2nd I won (b+resign)... white's top left corner didnt survive and the centre oriented style worked

Mostly I felt comfortable during the playing... the board design, the sound clicking, the chat window... the timer... inclusive the counting, all works fine. Luckily I had some help from Eng speaking moderator/developer to get some orientation with the "chinese voice announcments" and "chinese buttons" :-)

LKGS is a young GO server and if the Go community around the globe has the patiency to wait till some essentials are programmed further on by the smal team (3 developers), e.g. reviews and a fully English translation of the menus, then LKGS might have a future.

Java free and browser based GO servers are something many are waiting for so I see it. They have a future, e.g. seeing the problems with KGS registration because of Java security issues. The concurrence OGS is an American Go server (the both developers/owners are US guys) which has some specific issues in positive and negative, as all online Go servers have (so experienced on my own on KGS, Tygem and Wbaduk).

Another aspect is the server stability... I had different disconnections during the 1st and more during 2nd game as I have known it from OGS, too. Maybe it is helpfully that this server with *.cc domain is mirrored continental, e.g. Europe + America to have lower latency.

Lets see how Asian/Chinese brain power can bring this new project forward... :-)

@ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MySanRenSeiBlog
@ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MySanRenSeiBlog
+++

Post #9 Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:36 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 2
KGS: 5 kyu
Tygem: 10 kyu
Wbaduk: 11 kyu
OGS: 10 kyu
LinuxGooo wrote:
LKGS is a young GO server and if the Go community around the globe has the patiency to wait till some essentials are programmed further on by the smal team (3 developers), e.g. reviews and a fully English translation of the menus, then LKGS might have a future.

Yesterday been on LKGS... the review function now is up... its an urgent progress for this young GO server from China as I learn on my own on Go servers mainly by reviews, maybe many other Western Go players, too. (Rec.: Mostly Asian players dont do any reviews, as experienced on Wbaduk and Tygem). - Its the most efficient way for me to get an understanding about my own "wrong playing" and learning about alternatives...

@ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MySanRenSeiBlog
@ Twitter: https://twitter.com/MySanRenSeiBlog
+++