All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 Congress DISCLAIMER
Post #1 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:53 pm 
Judan

Liked others: 1103
Was liked: 1456
GD Posts: 1512
Kaya handle: Test
Despite having been involved in the 2011 Congress from the beginning, I'm finding the current style of management not to my taste. So I've decided to withdraw from any further participation.

If it goes bad, it is not my fault.

Post subject: Re: 2011 Congress DISCLAIMER
Post #2 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:15 pm 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
Thanks for the info, but why post in this really non-specific way? I'd lean towards either making a big stink about issues that everyone needs to know about, or quietly stepping down and telling people about the problems if and when it becomes relevant.

Or maybe I misread your post, and this is just an atypical way to say that the band broke up because of creative differences.

Post #3 Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 152
Was liked: 330
GD Posts: 1193
KGS: lavalamp
Tygem: imapenguin
IGS: lavalamp
OGS: daniel_the_smith
I agree with hyperpape-- the problem(s) are either big enough to warrant a stink, or not big enough to warrant a post like this, which seems in rather bad taste unless you think that telling the world that you're quitting will somehow improve the situation...

Post #4 Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:05 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 33
Was liked: 60
GD Posts: 248
Certainly you worked hard to make the event a success, and I assume you wanted that to happen. Successful Congresses are very important to the U.S. Go Community, something your hard work here supports as well.

I am sure your issues are real, but perhaps they are "tactical" in nature, and I am extemely disapointed in this post. It is the worst kind of aji keshi and abandons your strategic goals - in fact, people who respect you may be disinclined to attend, and in this way, one of the main measures of a Congress "going bad" - poor attendance - could be partially your fault.

Tactically, this post is slack as well. If sincerely designed to get the AGA's attention about real issues - one of my main issues with the AGA right now is their almost complete abscence from this forum and the loss opportunities that result. In essence, no one will hear you scream. And, as others are pointing out - we have no idea what you are screaming - although for the strategic reasons I reference and hope that we share, I am not asking you to publicly post them.

This post by Horibe was liked by: daniel_the_smith