It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: GoUniverse (New KGS client)
Post #241 Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:04 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
lambic wrote:
If you need a web server for hosting Go Universe, I can provide it freely.
Just tell me. :salute:

If you can arrange it, then I don’t mind. But it would be better if you would help Oren to set up the server by himself, because it would be safer for the user to use the server from the KGS owners than from someone else like me or you.

Ember wrote:
Oh, and I had that mistake in my last games, too, where after the game ends the new chat isn't displayed. Whatever you write is in the game file all right, but it is not displayed in the chat window - neither what you write yourself nor what your opponent has written. Can't say anything about chat during the game During the game it works perfectly fine, but it's something that always happens to me after the game. It would be great if that could be fixed because it looks really stupid if you simply ignore your opponent's chat... ^^;

We have tried to repeat this problem with daal, but it never even happened. This problem is not as easy to repeat as it seems at first glance. Does this happen after scores counting or in games that ends by resigination too?

lambic wrote:
A warning would be nice maybe 2 minutes before you get disconnected. Is that possible?

In fact, if your internet connection is stable you will never disconnet from server, that's why there is no need in such warning. But if you would have even very small lag there is a possibility that you will be dropped, i'm thinking about making a reconnect button (not like a clean connect) where all of the chat's will be restored and game rooms won't be closed like on original KGS client. Or even maybe, it will not be a button, but an automatic system that will try to restore the connection in 30 seconds, then such small delays will not be noticeable.

lambic wrote:
A sound notification when your automatch game starts would be great, too, like in the Java client.

This is in my TODO list.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: yakcyll

Post #242 Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 81
Online playing schedule: A schedule..? When hell freezes over... maybe. ^^;
KOCMOHABT wrote:
Ember wrote:
Oh, and I had that mistake in my last games, too, where after the game ends the new chat isn't displayed. Whatever you write is in the game file all right, but it is not displayed in the chat window - neither what you write yourself nor what your opponent has written. Can't say anything about chat during the game During the game it works perfectly fine, but it's something that always happens to me after the game. It would be great if that could be fixed because it looks really stupid if you simply ignore your opponent's chat... ^^;

We have tried to repeat this problem with daal, but it never even happened. This problem is not as easy to repeat as it seems at first glance. Does this happen after scores counting or in games that ends by resigination too?

It has happened to me no matter if the game ended by resignation or after counting. Only the fact that the game has ended is a fommon factor, during the game everything was fine.

KOCMOHABT wrote:
Ember wrote:
A warning would be nice maybe 2 minutes before you get disconnected. Is that possible?
In fact, if your internet connection is stable you will never disconnet from server, that's why there is no need in such warning. But if you would have even very small lag there is a possibility that you will be dropped, i'm thinking about making a reconnect button (not like a clean connect) where all of the chat's will be restored and game rooms won't be closed like on original KGS client. Or even maybe, it will not be a button, but an automatic system that will try to restore the connection in 30 seconds, then such small delays will not be noticeable.

That would be really neat! As a matter of fact, I have experienced disconnects even with a stable internet connection, but only after several hours of being idle. Maybe the KGS server has a matter of kicking you out after a period of x?

KOCMOHABT wrote:
Ember wrote:
A sound notification when your automatch game starts would be great, too, like in the Java client.
This is in my TODO list.
Great, thank you! :D

Post #243 Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:11 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
KOCMOHABT wrote:
We have tried to repeat this problem with daal, but it never even happened. This problem is not as easy to repeat as it seems at first glance.

Recently after testing with you, the problem occurred again. Perhaps it only happens when the opponent is not using gouniverse...

Post #244 Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:33 am 
Lives with ko

daal wrote:
Recently after testing with you, the problem occurred again. Perhaps it only happens when the opponent is not using gouniverse...

I tried to do this too, but this the same result

Post #245 Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:13 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 1
KOCMOHABT wrote:
oren wrote:
lambic wrote:
If you need a web server for hosting Go Universe, I can provide it freely.
Just tell me. :salute:

If you can make it work, kgs can also host it.

If you can arrange it, then I don’t mind. But it would be better if you would help Oren to set up the server by himself, because it would be safer for the user to use the server from the KGS owners than from someone else like me or you.

I agree that a hosting by KGS is the best solution. For sure, as a former server admin, I can help Oren to configure his web server.

Oren: is it Apache or nginx ? I know very well Apache and not much nginX (but I can read a doc).

KOCMOHABT: First of all I have to make it work on my own server. For the moment I'm still stuck with the problem I described last January :

lambic wrote:
I installed the latest version + latest version of goproject on my web server.
But when I click on the button "Play on KGS", it says : Server is unavailable. Try again later.
However, if I am connected to KGS with CGoban prior to clicking the button, I'm immediately disconnected with a message like "Another user just connected with your account".

Maybe you have a debug version to verbose these errors ?

Post #246 Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:59 am 
Lives with ko

lambic wrote:
KOCMOHABT: First of all I have to make it work on my own server.

You need to install the latest version of the JSON-translator on the same domain and change the connection address in the file Src/KGS/Client.js from https://www.gokgs.com/json/access to your translator (lines 884 and 923).

Post #247 Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:54 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 1
KOCMOHABT wrote:
You need to install the latest version of the JSON-translator on the same domain and change the connection address in the file Src/KGS/Client.js from https://www.gokgs.com/json/access to your translator (lines 884 and 923).

I suppose you mean the file catchable here : https://www.gokgs.com/help/protocol.html
At first glance it is not simple to use, it needs a JSP engine, java 8, json packages and probably a lot of configurations.
I'll install Tomcat and try to make it work and communicate with Apache web server when I'll have some time, maybe at the end of the year.

But if Shin KGS works with this JSON-translator, I imagine that everything has already been configured on the KGS side.
Then I guess that Oren could simply download Go universe master at https://github.com/IlyaKirillov/GoUniverse, put the directory on the KGS server at the same level than Shin KGS, and then try to go with a browser to gouniverse/Src/index.html.

Post #248 Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:03 am 
Lives with ko

Version 1.5.10:

1. All links leading to webgoboard.com have been changed to webgoboard.net
2. Fixed a problem with sound
3. Fixed a problem with the chat message select
4. Fixed problem with displaying user avatar

Happy New Year holidays!

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, Ember, ez4u, Javaness2

Post #249 Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:55 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 81
Online playing schedule: A schedule..? When hell freezes over... maybe. ^^;
Thank you so much for continued effort, KOCMOHABT!

Are there any news on the KGS server front concerning GoUniverse?

This post by Ember was liked by: Javaness2

Post #250 Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:58 am 
Lives with ko

Ember wrote:
Are there any news on the KGS server front concerning GoUniverse?

No special news yet. I'm still upset that there is no way to register without installing CGoban. In my opinion it must be the first thing to do, to let ppl register through a form on the KGS official site.

About developing GoUniverse:
First of all I want to focus on bugs.
Also I have an idea to rebuild GoUniverse from Chrome-extension to the full desktop-application (cross platform of course). And then I will be able to add IGS server at least.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: Bonobo

Post #251 Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:27 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 14
KGS: Shimari
The good news is we have hired someone to write a web based registration module, so anyone can register without Java. GoUniverse is great, we would love to build on it. Only works on desktops though, so mobile is still an issue for us. Hoping that between GoUniverse and ShinKGS we can cover most of our bases once the registration module is up and running.

Post #252 Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:11 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 391
Was liked: 161
Where is the actual protocol documented (not the JSON facade)?

Post subject:
Post #253 Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:14 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Quote:
Only works on desktops though, so mobile is still an issue for us. Hoping that between GoUniverse and ShinKGS...
Hi Mr. Barchilon,

Any shinKGS udates? It's the only option on an old iphone/ipad,
and these key features are still missing:

- no audio ( no stone clicks, etc. );
- no Zoom ( for small mobile touch screens );
- no double-tap confirm ( same; easy mis-tap, fingertips, small screens );
- cannot Create a game offer other than in English Game Room ( hard-coded );
- no game review ( shinkgs is completely confused about variations and move comments, so we cannot even watch a game review, let alone conduct one;
- less important features (pairgo, simul, etc. )

Thanks.

Post #254 Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:07 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 14
KGS: Shimari
We aren't actively working on either of these clients, but as they are open source, we are hoping the community will work on improving them. The registration module is almost ready to launch, and we are adding links to both ShinKGS and GoUniverse on our home page. We have directed a number of volunteers towards working on these programs. If anyone has programming skills and wants to volunteer, please let me know.

This post by shimari65 was liked by: Ember

Post #255 Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:39 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 31
KGS: 2d
I tried ShinKGS and I like it though it lacks some features from CGoban3. Is it still developed or deadwood?

Post #256 Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:03 pm 
Lives with ko

Pippen wrote:
I tried ShinKGS and I like it though it lacks some features from CGoban3. Is it still developed or deadwood?

I still have interesting ideas, but i have little time to develop now.

Post #257 Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:06 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 31
KGS: 2d
In any way I congratulate you for ShinKGS. It's simple-stylish and let's you play Go instead of gettin confused with 345 options. Meanwhile I like it even better than CGoban3. I hope AGA tries to put effort into ShinKGS because it's more platform-friendly than the client. I still believe KGS has a future.

Post #258 Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:06 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 213
Was liked: 96
GD Posts: 325
Is the GoUniverse extension for Chrome (Windows) still maintained?

I like it a lot, but I do not get any stone sound (although 'Sound' is ticked in the settings). There is sound (the bell ring) when I accept a game invitation, but not for stones ... :-(

This post by SpongeBob was liked by: ez4u

Post #259 Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:13 am 
Lives with ko

SpongeBob wrote:
Is the GoUniverse extension for Chrome (Windows) still maintained?

I like it a lot, but I do not get any stone sound (although 'Sound' is ticked in the settings). There is sound (the bell ring) when I accept a game invitation, but not for stones ... :-(

Hello, thank you for your message, i'll take a look what happened to the sound

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 2 people: ez4u, SpongeBob

Post #260 Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:15 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 213
Was liked: 96
GD Posts: 325
Hi, are you able to reproduce the problem?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next