All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Unable to connect to KGS
Post #21 Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 82
Was liked: 65
ataraba10 wrote:
Nyanjilla wrote:
That was on June 2nd? Had anything changed after you logged in on June 1st (twice) and May 31st (four times)?

Nothing in particular. I tried re-downloading java and that didn't help any. And the only new programs I got were Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware and TygemBaduk Client (to try and play on there) and Gopanda2 (to try and play on there as well) neither of which worked.

That's intriguing.... Tygem and IGS have different protocols from KGS, but it might be significant that you can't connect to them either. Can you remember the order in which you installed these packages?

Post #22 Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:35 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Online playing schedule: random times everyday
I AM ABOUT TO GO CRAZY!!!!! My fiance suggested I try to log into yahoo games because they give me issues as well (it seems to be anything with java). Yet I logged onto yahoo games perfectly, and I'm like what the heck. I can log onto yahoo games....let me try KGS. My fiance says-Well since you were able to log onto yahoo games I bet KGS will let you in. So I go to log in and sure enough it lets me on. I don't understand. It just let's me log on at random times, but most of the time it won't. :evil:

Post #23 Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:37 pm 
Beginner

Nyanjilla wrote:
ataraba10 wrote:
Nyanjilla wrote:
That was on June 2nd? Had anything changed after you logged in on June 1st (twice) and May 31st (four times)?

Nothing in particular. I tried re-downloading java and that didn't help any. And the only new programs I got were Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware and TygemBaduk Client (to try and play on there) and Gopanda2 (to try and play on there as well) neither of which worked.

That's intriguing.... Tygem and IGS have different protocols from KGS, but it might be significant that you can't connect to them either. Can you remember the order in which you installed these packages?

I tried CGOBAN first, then I tried GoPanda2, and then I tried TygemBaduk.

Post #24 Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:23 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 82
Was liked: 65
ataraba10 wrote:
Nyanjilla wrote:
ataraba10 wrote:
And the only new programs I got were Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware and TygemBaduk Client (to try and play on there) and Gopanda2 (to try and play on there as well) neither of which worked.

I tried CGOBAN first, then I tried GoPanda2, and then I tried TygemBaduk.

...actually, I was more interested in knowing when you installed the anti-malware package. But if you can now log into KGS OK, that's probably not the problem.

I'm glad it's cleared itself up---just write it off to the gremlins and be very very respectful when talking about them.

Post #25 Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:32 pm 
Beginner

Yeah, but give it another day or two and I won't be able to connect again.