It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #1 Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 am 
Beginner

Posts: 1
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Hi all :)

Im having a ton of problems with making this client work on my system. Installing seems to work, but then as i click the icon, nothing happens. I followed these instructions, but besides that i dont know what to do.

Did anyone have a similar problem?
Any ideas?

ty!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #2 Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 404
Liked others: 66
Was liked: 55
Rank: EGF 4k
I guess it is an issue with a missing library or wrong library version. On Debian Wheezy I noted that the actual gopanda2 version requires a more recent glibc (which I didn't want to install...), on Debian Jessie it works. You can check with the
Code:
ldd <name_of_gopanda2_executable>
command, which shows the libraries used by the program and if they are found.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #3 Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:31 am 
Beginner
User avatar

Posts: 13
Location: Portland, ME
Liked others: 1
Was liked: 1
GD Posts: 51
KGS: Shentar
If you try to run it in a terminal you should get an error message that will let you know what's missing.

I was installing it on ubuntu recently and I was missing libudev.so.0, which I think is outdated, synaptic has libudev1 but not libudev0. I just ended up searching packages.ubuntu.com (just be sure to change it to search any distribution, I found it listed for ubuntu 12.04 i think)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #4 Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:44 am 
Beginner

Posts: 16
Liked others: 8
Was liked: 4
Rank: 2k
I was about to post here about my problem but I solved it already but I'll post the solution here in case someone gets this.

Running 64bit ubuntu 14.04. I had the libudev.so.0 missing and I solved it with
Code:
sudo find / -name libudev.so.1
and linking it at that same path with
Code:
sudo ln -s libudev.so.1 libudev.so.0
After this I was getting another error instead:

Code:
v@v-MS-7599:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu$ /home/v/.local/bin/GoPanda2
[18334:1130/193302:ERROR:icu_util.cc(149)] Couldn't mmap /home/v/.local/bin/icudtl.dat
[18334:1130/193302:FATAL:content_main_runner.cc(716)] Check failed: base::i18n::InitializeICU().
Aborted (core dumped)


After this I copied the icudtl.dat file from the gopanda2-linux-64.tar.gz to /home/v/.local/bin/ dir and it started to work.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #5 Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 1
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Rank: 10 kyu
Hi, all. When I try to run GoPanda2 from a terminal, this is what I get:

anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ .local/bin/GoPanda2
.local/bin/GoPanda2: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by .local/bin/GoPanda2)


I don't think libudev.so.1 is present on disk--when I do a File System search for the file, there are no listings. Consequently, I am unsure what to do as I cannot try the steps to link the file.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 on a 32-bit machine. Does the output mean anything to someone? I'm an okay user of Ubuntu, switching when XP support ended.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #6 Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:31 am 
Oza

Posts: 2463
Location: DC
Liked others: 145
Was liked: 435
Universal go server handle: skydyr
Online playing schedule: When my wife is out.
a1872 wrote:
Hi, all. When I try to run GoPanda2 from a terminal, this is what I get:

anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ .local/bin/GoPanda2
.local/bin/GoPanda2: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by .local/bin/GoPanda2)


I don't think libudev.so.1 is present on disk--when I do a File System search for the file, there are no listings. Consequently, I am unsure what to do as I cannot try the steps to link the file.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 on a 32-bit machine. Does the output mean anything to someone? I'm an okay user of Ubuntu, switching when XP support ended.


You might want to try looking in synaptic or whatever package manager you use to see if you can install that version of the library. You may need to consider a dist-upgrade as your Ubuntu version, if it hasn't been upgraded, is a few years out of date at this point.

Also, did you install gopanda2 using a package manager and an Ubuntu repository, or did you get it from somewhere else?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #7 Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:04 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 50
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Liked others: 87
Was liked: 9
Rank: Taiwan 2 kyu
Debian jessie. I followed the instructions that the igs website gave (in the FAQ) and everything has worked fine for me. (It describes this missing file.)

If you encounter a problem with libudev.so.0 (an issue with the node-webkit tool GoPanda2 is using), you need to create a link:

1. Find where libudev.so.1 is located (perhaps /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ or /usr/lib/) and cd to that directory
2. Create the link:
> sudo ln -s libudev.so.1 libudev.so.0



Edit: (I put the wrong debian version the first time).

Sorry, I know this post isn't terribly helpful since people already seem to know all the issues etc. Intention was just to let anyone who stumbled in later know that it is possible this could work.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #8 Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 am 
Beginner

Posts: 3
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
skydyr wrote:
a1872 wrote:
Hi, all. When I try to run GoPanda2 from a terminal, this is what I get:

anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ .local/bin/GoPanda2
.local/bin/GoPanda2: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by .local/bin/GoPanda2)


I don't think libudev.so.1 is present on disk--when I do a File System search for the file, there are no listings. Consequently, I am unsure what to do as I cannot try the steps to link the file.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 on a 32-bit machine. Does the output mean anything to someone? I'm an okay user of Ubuntu, switching when XP support ended.


You might want to try looking in synaptic or whatever package manager you use to see if you can install that version of the library. You may need to consider a dist-upgrade as your Ubuntu version, if it hasn't been upgraded, is a few years out of date at this point.

Also, did you install gopanda2 using a package manager and an Ubuntu repository, or did you get it from somewhere else?


Hi, Skydyr--thanks for the reply (I'm a1872, but this website didn't send me an email to reset my password).

I got the tar.gz file from the Pandanet site--the tar.gz had an install.sh file.

I tried to search Synaptic for "GLIBCXX_3.4.18", but nothing was found.

I have 12.04.5, so I'm okay until April 2017.

Are there terminal commands to get done what needs to be?

Thanks,
Anthony

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #9 Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:08 pm 
Oza

Posts: 2463
Location: DC
Liked others: 145
Was liked: 435
Universal go server handle: skydyr
Online playing schedule: When my wife is out.
sciguy1872 wrote:
skydyr wrote:
a1872 wrote:
Hi, all. When I try to run GoPanda2 from a terminal, this is what I get:

anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ .local/bin/GoPanda2
.local/bin/GoPanda2: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by .local/bin/GoPanda2)


I don't think libudev.so.1 is present on disk--when I do a File System search for the file, there are no listings. Consequently, I am unsure what to do as I cannot try the steps to link the file.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 on a 32-bit machine. Does the output mean anything to someone? I'm an okay user of Ubuntu, switching when XP support ended.


You might want to try looking in synaptic or whatever package manager you use to see if you can install that version of the library. You may need to consider a dist-upgrade as your Ubuntu version, if it hasn't been upgraded, is a few years out of date at this point.

Also, did you install gopanda2 using a package manager and an Ubuntu repository, or did you get it from somewhere else?


Hi, Skydyr--thanks for the reply (I'm a1872, but this website didn't send me an email to reset my password).

I got the tar.gz file from the Pandanet site--the tar.gz had an install.sh file.

I tried to search Synaptic for "GLIBCXX_3.4.18", but nothing was found.

I have 12.04.5, so I'm okay until April 2017.

Are there terminal commands to get done what needs to be?

Thanks,
Anthony


I think the package would be the standard libstdc++ library, but I'm not sure which version offhand (5 or 6). If you're missing one or both of them for some reason, that seems like the best place to start.

For libudev, the package should be libudev or something like it.

Honestly, though, I'd find it a bit weird if you didn't have these installed already.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #10 Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:08 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 3
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Quote:
I think the package would be the standard libstdc++ library, but I'm not sure which version offhand (5 or 6). If you're missing one or both of them for some reason, that seems like the best place to start.

For libudev, the package should be libudev or something like it.

Honestly, though, I'd find it a bit weird if you didn't have these installed already.


I installed V5 of libstdc++ through Synaptic; V6 was already installed, so I chose to reinstall. There were no dependencies of V6, although I am still getting the error:

anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ .local/bin/GoPanda2
.local/bin/GoPanda2: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by .local/bin/GoPanda2)

The message seems to indicate that there is a dependency error with V6: the GLIBCXX_3.4.18. I also installed libudev, but there is still no libudev.so.1. Any ideas?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #11 Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:07 am 
Oza

Posts: 2463
Location: DC
Liked others: 145
Was liked: 435
Universal go server handle: skydyr
Online playing schedule: When my wife is out.
sciguy1872 wrote:
Quote:
I think the package would be the standard libstdc++ library, but I'm not sure which version offhand (5 or 6). If you're missing one or both of them for some reason, that seems like the best place to start.

For libudev, the package should be libudev or something like it.

Honestly, though, I'd find it a bit weird if you didn't have these installed already.


I installed V5 of libstdc++ through Synaptic; V6 was already installed, so I chose to reinstall. There were no dependencies of V6, although I am still getting the error:

anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ .local/bin/GoPanda2
.local/bin/GoPanda2: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by .local/bin/GoPanda2)

The message seems to indicate that there is a dependency error with V6: the GLIBCXX_3.4.18. I also installed libudev, but there is still no libudev.so.1. Any ideas?


I'd search for the files and see what you can find. If you run sudo updatedb followed by locate libudev and locate libstdc++ you should get output showing you where those two libraries (along with anything else that matches) are located. It'll probably be something like /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 for the second one.

For libudev, navigate to the directory in which it is located and create the symlink as appropriate, if you don't have libudev.so.0: sudo ln -s libudev.so.1 libudev.so.0

For libstdc++, go to the directory in which it is located and run: strings ./libstdc++.so.6 | grep LIBCXX
This will give you a list of the versions that your version of libstdc++ is compatible with, so you can check to make sure that GLIBCXX_3.4.18 is provided by it. If it's not (it may stop an an earlier version number) then you need a newer version of the library than is provided by Precise. In that case, you can try seeing if the Precise updates include it, but most likely you'll need to upgrade to a more recent version of Ubuntu, regardless of the long term support.

LTS rant:
Honestly, as a desktop user, I don't recommend that you stick with a LTS version of Ubuntu. The LTS versions are really meant for servers and such where stability of the environment is paramount so that the services don't break, and they just need security updates. Versioning in Ubuntu and other debian derivatives isn't like Windows, and upgrading to a new one is often relatively painless and often doesn't involve major interface changes, etc. When you stay on a particular version, you quite literally freeze the software you have available through the package manager to what was published on the day the particular distro version was released, apart from security updates.

If you look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS, you can see that the LTS releases are primarily targeted at enterprise users, who need to ensure consistency between multiple servers and workstations, and not at home users.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #12 Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:20 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 3
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Quote:
For libstdc++, go to the directory in which it is located and run: strings ./libstdc++.so.6 | grep LIBCXX

This will give you a list of the versions that your version of libstdc++ is compatible with, so you can check to make sure that GLIBCXX_3.4.18 is provided by it. If it's not (it may stop an an earlier version number) then you need a newer version of the library than is provided by Precise. In that case, you can try seeing if the Precise updates include it, but most likely you'll need to upgrade to a more recent version of Ubuntu, regardless of the long term support.


The version of LIBCXX stops at 3.4.16. I searched Synaptic for "LIBCXX" and two packages are found: "libcxxtools-dev" and "libcxxtools7". Is there another way to search for .18?

If I upgrade the OS, then my legacy Nvidia will stop working--I have a GeForce FX 5200.

Quote:
For libudev, navigate to the directory in which it is located and create the symlink as appropriate, if you don't have libudev.so.0: sudo ln -s libudev.so.1 libudev.so.0


The terminal :
Code:
anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ locate libudev.so.1
anthony@anthony-desktop:~$


I can't seem to find the path for .so.1; so.0 is found, though:
Code:
anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ locate libudev.so.0
/home/libudev.so.0
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0.13.0


I don't think libudev.so.1 missing is important, anyway--without getting the LIBCXX at .18, GoPanda2 is not going to run, correct?

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: GoPanda2 for Linux problems
Post #13 Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 am 
Oza

Posts: 2463
Location: DC
Liked others: 145
Was liked: 435
Universal go server handle: skydyr
Online playing schedule: When my wife is out.
sciguy1872 wrote:
Quote:
For libstdc++, go to the directory in which it is located and run: strings ./libstdc++.so.6 | grep LIBCXX

This will give you a list of the versions that your version of libstdc++ is compatible with, so you can check to make sure that GLIBCXX_3.4.18 is provided by it....


The version of LIBCXX stops at 3.4.16. I searched Synaptic for "LIBCXX" and two packages are found: "libcxxtools-dev" and "libcxxtools7". Is there another way to search for .18?

If I upgrade the OS, then my legacy Nvidia will stop working--I have a GeForce FX 5200.

This makes things a bit tricky. To answer the first question, the package will always be libstdc++6. You will need a newer version of the package than the one you have. It doesn't look like a newer one has been backported into Precise, though.

There are perhaps a few things you could consider doing:
1) Purchase a new graphics card that is supported by nvidia (or AMD). It doesn't need to be bleeding edge... something from 3-4 years ago for $50 or so should work. Then upgrade ubuntu. This assumes that you have a desktop or can otherwise replace the card.
2) Switch to the open source driver for your graphics card. This will result in somewhat reduced performance, but may be viable. Once you've tested this, upgrade ubuntu.
3) Upgrade your version of libstdc++6 to a version from a later release of ubuntu. This may be dangerous and result in lots of issues if there were any big changes. I don't recommend this unless you're comfortable fixing it on your own, and even then I'd be a bit leery.
4) Download source and build a later version of libstdc++6 but don't install it in the normal location. You can then configure a script to run gopanda2 using that version (say, /home/username/libforgopanda/libstdc++.so.6 or wherever you put it) and let all your other programs load it from the standard version in the normal location.

Quote:
...
I can't seem to find the path for .so.1; so.0 is found, though:
Code:
anthony@anthony-desktop:~$ locate libudev.so.0
/home/libudev.so.0
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0.13.0



So long as you have libudev.so.0 you should be fine in that respect.

Quote:
I don't think libudev.so.1 missing is important, anyway--without getting the LIBCXX at .18, GoPanda2 is not going to run, correct?


Yup.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group