It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Live broadcasting
Post #1 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 55
Was liked: 3
How do I watch professional live games?
- Click the “Games” and then the “Refresh” button.
- Search for the game you want to watch. Usually at the top of the list.
- Double click on the game.

I'd like to watch live 'Wednesday June 6: The 51th Judan title, Preliminary round A, Kiyonari Tetsuya 9p vs. Fujii Shuya 7p.'.

How am I supposed to find this particular game from that amazingly small list of all the games currently being played on IGS? Is it going to be waiting at the top of the list (I'm slightly worried about the word 'usually')?
(Incidentally, I've failed to find the specific time this game will start, so, if you have any information about this, please do let me know.)

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Live broadcasting
Post #2 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:18 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
Games are usually near the top of the list because the players have professional ranks. As for the time, I can't tell you, but they often start around 9:00 Japanese time (http://www.google.com/search?sugexp=chr ... japan+time).

This post by hyperpape was liked by: SuprunP

Post #3 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 201
Was liked: 333
GD Posts: 428
It's also worth noting that the IGS broadcast games will have the sponsor's name for the player names, so you want to look for the professional ranking and not necessarily the name of the specific players who are actually playing in the event.

This post by Mef was liked by: SuprunP

Post #4 Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 55
Was liked: 3
Mef wrote:
It's also worth noting that the IGS broadcast games will have the sponsor's name for the player names, so you want to look for the professional ranking and not necessarily the name of the specific players who are actually playing in the event.

I reckon this is exactly what I experienced yesterday while trying to find the games of Slovakia vs. Italy (Pandanet Go European Team Championship 2011/2012). Either I'm not that savvy as I used to think or they were playing under other nicknames (although I'm more inclined to think that the former is the case here).

Post #5 Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 36
SuprunP wrote:

I reckon this is exactly what I experienced yesterday while trying to find the games of Slovakia vs. Italy (Pandanet Go European Team Championship 2011/2012). Either I'm not that savvy as I used to think or they were playing under other nicknames (although I'm more inclined to think that the former is the case here).

Panda Euro Team games are played in a dedicated room in IGS. Whatever client you are using there should be a room list button which normally you would never use, but for Euro-Team games you need to enter that room. Then you will see only the games in that room.

This post by kivi was liked by: SuprunP