It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: KGS Player -----> Wbaduk
Post #41 Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:19 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 96
Was liked: 100
Running on Wine, most of the buttons on the interface don't work for me and cause errors, but all of the important ones pertaining to finding a game and navigating through it are okay. I have not had any problems in scoring.

Post #42 Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:22 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 96
Was liked: 100
I also wanted to add that I played on WBaduk for the first time last night, 7 games. I'm playing in the low SDK range and I didn't encounter a single escaper or sandbagger. It was a lot of fun and I will play there more often.

Post #43 Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:28 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 75
Was liked: 58
lefuet wrote:
sometimes after a game ends in counting and we both agreed which groups are dead, I get hundreds of identical error messages "Klasse nicht registriert" (class not registered) and I have to manually kill the process.

this started only a few weeks ago and could be related to me cleaning my w2k installation by removing remainders of old program installations and other 'unused' files.

anybody had a similar problem? Or any idea what the culprit might be?

I just had the same effect (just happened at the end of a game which I should have won by points, now it's gone... :scratch: ). I remembered that you can get rid of this by deactivating all flash animations within the client. For that you have to go on "setting" at upper right window border and then click the "flash" register card. In the dialog you have to check all boxes in order to deactivate flash, which seems rather weird UI style but it works.

It probably happened after the client has updated itself, because in my case after the update all checked boxes were unchecked again.

Another question: it seems to me that on the Android's English wbaduk client, only losses are counted and rated on the server but wins are ignored. Did anyone observe this behavior, too? This makes it even more challenging for me to climb over DDK barrier... ;-)

Edit: Sorry to reactivate this ancient thread. I thought I read about this error message just recently and then used the search function for replying...

Post #44 Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:06 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 1
KGS: 3d
I can't make an account... the "confirmation email" never arrives. :scratch:
I once had a cyberoro account, but I can't remember my login...

Post #45 Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:37 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 5
GD Posts: 800
Try sending the confirmation E-mail to another E-mail address, if you have one. Over the last few months, a scheme to combat spam called DMARC has been put into action by several major E-mail sites. Without going into detail, it tries to guarantee that the domain on the "From" address matches the domain of the server sending the mail.

The net result of this DMARC change is that a lot of (non-spam) mail that was previously delivered just fine now doesn't reach its intended recipient. Or, there can be the usual problem with the mail going to your "spam" folder, maybe?

Post #46 Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 1
KGS: 3d
Gohst wrote:
Try sending the confirmation E-mail to another E-mail address, if you have one. Over the last few months, a scheme to combat spam called DMARC has been put into action by several major E-mail sites. Without going into detail, it tries to guarantee that the domain on the "From" address matches the domain of the server sending the mail.

The net result of this DMARC change is that a lot of (non-spam) mail that was previously delivered just fine now doesn't reach its intended recipient. Or, there can be the usual problem with the mail going to your "spam" folder, maybe?

Interesting. I do have a hotmail address (sorry, "live" now), but msn doesn't let me log in (tells me my password's wrong even though I just reset it twice to make sure; when I entered the same pw as the 1st time around, it told me to pick a different password, hahaha!).

Post #47 Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:29 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 5
GD Posts: 800
Well, getting another free account somewhere is just a few clicks away. I have 4 or 5, for different purposes.... :)