It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WBaduk client problem
Post #1 Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:01 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Hi everyone,
I downloaded WBaduk client today and registered on the site. However, when I try to log in I can see nothing - it shows me there are zero players and just blank windows overall. It's not internet or firewall problem. Everything else runs fine and I have even put the client as an excpetion (firewall) everywhere. When I try to rejoin it sais that my ID is not registered. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Thanks

Post subject: Re: WBaduk client problem
Post #2 Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:23 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 3
KGS: jgr314
I'm struggling at an even earlier stage: can't register on the site. I get a registration key code, but when I enter it, wbaduk just gives me a pop-up error that the code was invalid. I feel bad because I (inwardly, at least) was mocking my wife for not being able to figure out how to set up an account, but now I'm just as stuck.

Post #3 Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:22 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 162
Was liked: 15
Universal go server handle: betterlife
Usually it helps if you simply reconnect to the sever once again: Top right "Server" -> choose a server -> click the button "Server:" then login in again.

Post #4 Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:41 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 45
Was liked: 25
I have this problem too, and like betterlife says, just reconnecting to the server solves the problem.

I have to ask, why do you particularly want to play on WBaduk? I occasionally watch pro games on there, but otherwise I don't find it such a great experience. Definitely seems to have many less players than either Tygem or Fox.

Post #5 Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:27 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
I don't necessarily want to play there often. I just wanted to play people with different play styles (for example heard that people on Tygem tend to be more aggressive) and also guessed that on WBaduk there would be a lot of people playing. Are there any other good servers where a lot of people play?
Also, thank you for answers, but choosing the server again doesn't work for me - when I do that I get the "your ID is not registered" again.

Post #6 Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:26 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
wbaduk's english client and site is basically dead. You have to go through and get a Korean or Japanese account (or other?) if you really want to get on.

Post #7 Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:50 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 228
Was liked: 84
oren wrote:
wbaduk's english client and site is basically dead. You have to go through and get a Korean or Japanese account (or other?) if you really want to get on.

You don't need a Korean or Japanese account, you just need to log onto the Asian servers rather than the World server.

Post #8 Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 75
Was liked: 58
Yes, wbaduk's english client has a somewhat strange user interface. I would recommend the following:

On first startup after installation, a settings dialog pops up. I strongly recommend going into the "flash" section and checking every box. Checking a box means to turn the respective flash sequence off (that's what I mean with strange user interface...). If you don't turn off these flash sequences, you would probably experience crashes of the client e.g. during counting at the end of a game, which is especially annoying.

My "log-in sequence" on wbaduk goes as follows:

- Make sure username and password are typed in on first screen and the "save" button below is checked
- In the section below, select the "Korea 1" server (the "WBaduk 1" server is usually almost empty)
- Click 'login'
- Usually, on first login, the game window remains empty; thus click on "server" at the upper right border of the window and select "Korea 1" again
- You will get back to the initial login screen. Select "Korea 1" for the third time and press "login", this time it usually works.

I think wbaduk is especially good if you want to practice fighting. Especially in the DDK range some players are surprisingly strong at that (for whatever reason).

Post #9 Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
Drew wrote:
oren wrote:

You don't need a Korean or Japanese account, you just need to log onto the Asian servers rather than the World server.

Sorry, I read a while ago about the site being down before. It looks like it's working ok now. It's been a while since I checked it out.

Post #10 Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:34 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 1
tobim wrote:
Hi everyone,
I downloaded WBaduk client today and registered on the site. However, when I try to log in I can see nothing - it shows me there are zero players and just blank windows overall. It's not internet or firewall problem. Everything else runs fine and I have even put the client as an excpetion (firewall) everywhere. When I try to rejoin it sais that my ID is not registered. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Thanks

I have the exact same problem. I got past the registration part, but the first login gets a 0 player server. Any subsequent login attempts get a "not registered" message, which is 100% erroneous as I did indeed finalize registration.

Seems I may have to forget about this client.