All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: how to access wbaduk game records
Post #1 Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 4
KGS: kneh
Hi.
When I play on the tygem client with my ipad, I can later go to the windows client and then I can access the same
game records that are accessible on the mobile device and this allows me to save them (and convert them from gib to sgf with sabaki).
But when I try this with wbaduk it doesn't seem to work. When I access my user account on the windows client, I can't find
the game records of recent games that I've played on my tablet. Is there any convenient way to access those or to save them?
On the ipad it seems game records are not easily accessible as downloads so I can review or store them on my computer.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek

Post subject: Re: how to access wbaduk game records
Post #2 Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:04 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 17
Since there is no reply from Wbaduk users, this from a Yuugen-no-ma (Wbaduk Japanese outlet) user.
Yuugen-no-ma provides game record service only to subscription (i.e. fee paying) members. However, the client has a setting where you can automatically record your games on your hardware.
It is possible that Wbaduk has a different policy, but it could be useful to look into your client setting first.

Post #3 Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:15 am 
Dies with sente

kyulearner wrote:
Since there is no reply from Wbaduk users, this from a Yuugen-no-ma (Wbaduk Japanese outlet) user.
Yuugen-no-ma provides game record service only to subscription (i.e. fee paying) members. However, the client has a setting where you can automatically record your games on your hardware.
It is possible that Wbaduk has a different policy, but it could be useful to look into your client setting first.

The only relevant gibo setting that I see are "auto save my games", which is enabled (WBaduk ver 3.0.4).
The game records are listed on the device in the "My Gibo" section under "Gibo Saved on Local". But from there I don't see any option to export/share them to get them out of the app.

Post #4 Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:42 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 17
I guess discussions under the topic 'saved games, gibo' might help you.
Also, if you don't mind going through the Japanese language, an app by Nihon-Kiin will let you review, covert them into SGf format etc. https://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/teach/kiin_editor/

Post #5 Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:02 am 
Dies with sente

kyulearner wrote:
I guess discussions under the topic 'saved games, gibo' might help you.
Also, if you don't mind going through the Japanese language, an app by Nihon-Kiin will let you review, covert them into SGf format etc. https://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/teach/kiin_editor/

Yeah, I don't speak Japanese unfortunately, so that would be a bit tricky to navigate the interface.
I wonder how that would work though, usually apps on the ios system tend to be kind of sequestered from one another, so I don't see how a different app would be able to access the game records if they are somehow stored locally inside the WBadukHD app.

Judging from another discussion I've found here on the forum it seems one would need special software to more or less hack your way to the wbaduk app data to extract the gamerecords (whereas on android you would probably be able to access the appdata by simply connecting the tablet via usb to the pc).

https://www.lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.p ... 36#p141736

Post #6 Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:22 am 
Dies with sente

I guess the most obvious solution is to make a second wbaduk account, so I can observe games I play on the mobile
device with the 2nd account on the computer. Then I should be able to save the game I've observed for easy review analysis
with AI afterwards.