It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: install eweiqi
Post #1 Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:59 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 4
I downloaded it but when I clicked on it, there is the extraction process really fast then nothing else happen. Help? I got the applocale installed in window 7 64 bit already

Post subject: Re: install eweiqi
Post #2 Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:33 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 34
GD Posts: 24
Can you give any more details? I don't have much to go on.

"Those who calculate greatly will win; those who calculate only a little will lose, but what of those who don't make any calculations at all!? This is why everything must be calculated, in order to foresee victory and defeat."-The Art of War

Post #3 Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:10 pm 
Lives with ko

at first I just click on it to install, it just has the extraction/or install something then it just disappear. There is eweiqi.exe on the task manager, and it does nothing. I also checked on my program files to see if it has installed something, and there is nothing.

Then I installed the aplocale successfully on window 64 bit home premium, and try to run eweiqi.exe by using applocale with chinese language selected ( and doesn't matter what language I chose) and it pops up :applocale was unable to launch the specified application.

EDIT: Nvm I got everything to work. I am on tygem now

Post #4 Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:00 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
hello,

i think i have the very same problem on my system. i would LOVE to know how you solved this issue mr. lokbuddha

a brief description:
i downloaded the client in chinese and korean and tried to install it, whiched worked, but it would not run when started
then i switched my language after installing, but it would still not run the programm
then i deinstalled everything and tried to install it with the right language. i cannot remember the message, but it did not let me install
then i switched back to german and got applocale and installed it and tried to install the programms and use them with applocale--applocale would tell me that the file was not ok or s.th.
then i tried to install it using applocale, but then it would tell me that the file was locked
all of that was done with korean and chinese...
i have windows7 64bit

Post #5 Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:59 pm 
Lives with ko

Basically, I don't remember exactly how I did it. Can be risky so follow this at your own risk, make sure you have backup all precious data from your computer, but I think the problem is there is (are) process(es) running on your computer that interfere with the client installing. So you must end those processes first.

First the main goal is to install the client so the applocale isn't needed.

1. Download the latest client. (eweiqi.exe)
2. Disconnect your internet
3&4. Go to your task manager/Processes , and end every single running processes that isn't essential to run your computer. For example, antivirus, internet security software. Now installing the client, if it still doesn't work, go to the task manager and end the client and other running processes until you can install the client. Make sure you install as admin.

5. Once you got it installed, restart and reconnect to the internet, and the next step is to install aplocale and you follow the guide post elsewhere, and use aplocale to launch the livebaduk.exe to play on Tygem.

Once last thing, I say just play on KGS or WBaduk, Tygem isn't worth it your trouble. Go is still Go no matter where you play it.

Post #6 Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:41 pm 
Lives in gote

Did either of you try this? I installed on Windows 7 64-bit without any problems, and you don't have to kill all your processes, but you do have to disable the Windows firewall to get applocale to work properly. By the way, TYGEM IS WORTH IT! The top games are of the highest quality that you will find on any server, it is the only server (usually) where pros are marked as such, and it has one of the best and simplest ranking systems.

"Those who calculate greatly will win; those who calculate only a little will lose, but what of those who don't make any calculations at all!? This is why everything must be calculated, in order to foresee victory and defeat."-The Art of War

Post #7 Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 pm 
Lives with ko

well since he said he has the same problem as me. So that's what I did. I had no problem with applocale since I followed the direction from googleling. By the way, the procedure above was 1 time only to install eweiqi.exe since it keeps extracting and then nothing happened/

Post #8 Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:05 am 
Beginner

i tried it the way from the link you gave nagano. anyway i have little time for this right now, but i will try again on friday or saturday. i was just excited when i read that lokbuddha had the same trouble and thought that would help me safe some time. thx for the fast replies btw

Post #9 Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 am 
Beginner

i kept trying for quite some hours yesterday and today to isntall the tygem-client, but i cant get it to work. i retried the way given here:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=413 and also kept on trying things that seemed to make sort of sense to me (eg shutting down other most other processes when trying to install)...anyway only thing i can think of right now is getting an old version and updating then ?!

Post #10 Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:09 pm 
Lives in gote

Sorry for the late reply. I don't really know what to say, it works for me. The only other thing that I can think of that could be affecting it is your security software. This is probably obvious but did you try running the installer in compatibility mode?