It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weird game request system
Post #1 Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:37 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 16
Was liked: 0
KGS: EugeneZ
Recently I've been playing pretty much all of my games on Tygem, and generally it's fun and stuff, but one thing I still do not understand. Game condition settings dialog does not react at all on time settings you choose. You can set long game like 50:00+0:30x5 and end up playing 10:00+0:30x3 or even 05:00+0:30x3. Pretty much similar game condition dialog exist on CyberOro but if your opponent changes time settings you are getting another prompt window with new settings which you can accept or decline. On Tygem I've never seen that kind of window, so it looks like system works one way. Weird. So how exactly all this works and what am I doing wrong?

Post subject: Re: Weird game request system
Post #2 Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:22 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Umm...I think you're doing something wrong, the way time settings work is very similar to Oro where, if you get challenged by an opponent and he has time settings you don't like, then you can adjust it then send the new time offer to your opponent which he can accept or reject (and of course vice versa). Are you clicking the right button?

This post by Solomon was liked by: Gene

Post #3 Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:12 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
On Tygem, you do get such a window if your opponent changes the time settings. I have set the time settings to 30 minutes a number of times, only to have a dialog popped back up with a request for a 10 minute game (it seems very popular for people around my level to like 10 minute games + byoyomi).

One thing to be careful of, though, is that I think that if you request a 30 minute game, your opponent declines and offers a 10 minute game, and you accept, the next time the default selected time is 10 minutes... I think that this has happened to me.

In any case, though, the time settings that I request, if accepted, are the time settings that are used.

Post #4 Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:37 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 16
Was liked: 0
KGS: EugeneZ
Araban wrote:
Umm...I think you're doing something wrong, the way time settings work is very similar to Oro where, if you get challenged by an opponent and he has time settings you don't like, then you can adjust it then send the new time offer to your opponent which he can accept or reject (and of course vice versa). Are you clicking the right button?

Yeah, you were right, stupid me :) I used this old picture from GD as a reference:

Looks like client updated a lot since then, cause now it's 3 buttons at the bottom, one of which I totally overlooked. Now everything works like it should. Thanks!