It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EGF Pro Promotions- First 2p
Post #1 Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 314
I think this deserves to be more widely known. :) The European Professional System made it's first promotion last month. Ilya Shikshin became 2 dan pro.

This post by Javaness2 was liked by 3 people: Calvin Clark, Charlie, hyperpape

Post subject: Re: EGF Pro Promotions- First 2p
Post #2 Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:37 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
Here are the EGF promotion regulations btw... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iKX ... XVDhI/edit

This post by daal was liked by 4 people: gamesorry, johnsmith, Laman, macelee

Post #3 Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:54 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 29
Was liked: 41
KGS: Laman
daal wrote:
Here are the EGF promotion regulations btw... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iKX ... XVDhI/edit

splendid.

would you know if the rules are also linked somewhere from egf website, and more importantly, is there anywhere a table with players' points?

I might be wrong, but probably not.

Post #4 Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:14 am 
Gosei

The rules are linked to somewhere on the EGF site, but not at all very prominently.
There is no promotion points table that I have seen - I guess that you could make one.

Post #5 Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:51 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 29
Was liked: 41
KGS: Laman
i've learnt the rules are also at senseis

Javaness2 wrote:
There is no promotion points table that I have seen - I guess that you could make one.

sure i could. but i imagine someone at EGF already has one.

anyway, i've also heard Pavol Lisý has already accumulated 38/40 points required for 2p, so we can expect another promotion soon

I might be wrong, but probably not.

Post #6 Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:27 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
Reaching the top 2 in an international tournament only makes you 6p?

So it's tougher than the Japanese and Chinese promotion systems: https://senseis.xmp.net/?NihonKiInNewPromotionSystem, https://senseis.xmp.net/?ChinesePromotionSystem. I'm not sure how to order it compared to the Korean system.

Post #7 Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:27 am 
Gosei

I think that Points Promotion systems are probably quite hard to get right. Since this is only the initial version, it may well be the case that with a few more years data we will see a change to make things tougher. I'm not at all motivated to piece the data together to examine the picture in detail. Taken at face value, it looks a bit better than the fearsome EGF Pair Go Points System.

Probably the EGF needs still to work on better visibility for the Professional system if it is going to attract more sponsors. It's quite hard to find details right now, because you need to go to the results / history section to find them. From memory they were working on having their own page or section - but it is not there yet.
https://www.eurogofed.org/history/europros.htm

Post #8 Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:14 am 
Gosei

It seems that Pavol Lisy just made 2 pro through his performance in the Chunlan Cup.

This post by Javaness2 was liked by 2 people: Charlie, hyperpape

Post #9 Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:38 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
... at which he beat Eric Lui 1p AGA, but then Chen Yaoye 9p got his revenge for losing to Western pro Ryan Li 1p AGA last year with a crushing victory against Pavol.

Post #10 Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 186
Was liked: 191
Javaness2 wrote:
It seems that Pavol Lisy just made 2 pro through his performance in the Chunlan Cup.

Can someone help reconstruct his accumulation of HDP and LDP? I looked at the chart but maybe I can't figure out what counts and what doesn't.

Post #11 Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:58 pm 
Gosei

Well I guess it will be made public soon enough ...
Can't say I would fancy the attempt myself

Post #12 Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 162
Was liked: 15
Universal go server handle: betterlife
Javaness2 wrote:
Well I guess it will be made public soon enough ...
Can't say I would fancy the attempt myself

it's online now

we hope to improve the info about the european pros and move them more in front (and kick the forum into the background) soon.

This post by betterlife was liked by 3 people: Calvin Clark, gamesorry, Javaness2

Post #13 Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:32 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 167
Was liked: 44
I created a document with the promotional report for all european Pros: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18cQPKamnkSUBgLQoc1ATLov-YxDT99z-YThP_6iXifA/edit?usp=sharing

According to Pavol Lisy, wins in the Grand Prix finals count, even though the official document doesn't list this tournament among tournament eligible for LDPs. I don't know the amount of bonus points received for winning this tournament. It should be > 3 (amount for winning Level A Bonus Tournament) and <= 10 (the major tournaments). My guess is that it should be 10, but that would mean Ali Jabarin would have been 2p in February 2018.

You should be able to leave comments. Let me know if I made some mistake somewhere

This post by silviu22 was liked by 4 people: betterlife, gamesorry, Javaness2, Laman

Post #14 Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:27 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
According the EGD Ali has been promoted to 2p.

This post by Christoph was liked by: Javaness2

Post #15 Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:04 am 
Lives with ko

Christoph wrote:

Correct. But I saw that they still didn't post his promotion report. I believe that is because they haven't decided officially how many LDPs to award to the winner of the Grand Prix.

The next up is Matheusz Surma. He is only one LDP away from 2p.

After Matheusz, it will be a long time until the next 2p. My guess is that it will be one of the Mitic brothers, or whoever becomes the next pro. Andrii Kravetz seems too far from 2p at the moment.

Post #16 Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 am 
Dies in gote

silviu22 wrote:
Christoph wrote:
Correct. But I saw that they still didn't post his promotion report. I believe that is because they haven't decided officially how many LDPs to award to the winner of the Grand Prix.
Actually we are aware of it. Ali still couldn't gather all the games he played, so it will be updated on the EGF webpage as soon as he did.
silviu22 wrote:
The next up is Matheusz Surma. He is only one LDP away from 2p.

After Matheusz, it will be a long time until the next 2p. My guess is that it will be one of the Mitic brothers, or whoever becomes the next pro. Andrii Kravetz seems too far from 2p at the moment.
Could it be Mateusz has already got his points as he played against some pros at the Eastern Economic Forum Tournament last week?

Post #17 Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm 
Dies in gote

I updated bit the pro section on the EGF webpage. Each player has now his own page where the promotional reports are linked.
I also added the promotional report of Ali which is now official.
The rules are updated: The Grand Prix Finale is counted like the other big tournaments.
https://www.eurogofed.org/pros/
Im still working on the intro page. For now there is just the table with a ranking of the pros, which actually will update on its own. Will add some more explanation to it later and also add some general text about the EGF Pro system to the side of it.

This post by betterlife was liked by 3 people: Javaness2, silviu22, yakcyll

Post #18 Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:54 am 
Lives with ko

I like the new page about the european pros. It is good the rules were updated to give 10 LDPs to Grand Prix Final winner.

But, why don't you get LDPs for winning against another pro in the Grand Prix final?

Right now, the rules say:

1 LDP per win in European Championship, European Pro Championship, Grand Slam and other Bonus Points Tournaments in Europe.

Why do you get 10 LDPs for winning the grand prix finale, but no LDPs for winning games? It makes no sense to win LDPs for wins in bonus Grand Prix tournaments, but no LDPs for winning in the Grand Prix finale.

And there was also a 4-player tournament for pros only: http://www.europeangodatabase.eu/EGD/Tournament_Card.php?&key=T180830A&pin=14637810. I don't know whether that would be repeated or not. So I don't know if that tournament deserves LDPs or not. But it would seem logical that all pro-only tournaments deserve LDPs

Post #19 Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:38 am 
Dies in gote

silviu22 wrote:
Why do you get 10 LDPs for winning the grand prix finale, but no LDPs for winning games? It makes no sense to win LDPs for wins in bonus Grand Prix tournaments, but no LDPs for winning in the Grand Prix finale.
I agree with you. Will ask the pro commission if we can update this too!

silviu22 wrote:
And there was also a 4-player tournament for pros only: http://www.europeangodatabase.eu/EGD/Tournament_Card.php?&key=T180830A&pin=14637810. I don't know whether that would be repeated or not. So I don't know if that tournament deserves LDPs or not. But it would seem logical that all pro-only tournaments deserve LDPs
Not sure if we automatically should give points for all tournaments where the pros meet each other. It would simplify the rules a lot though :)

Post #20 Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 am 
Lives with ko

betterlife wrote:
silviu22 wrote:
I agree with you. Will ask the pro commission if we can update this too!

Thank you.

betterlife wrote:
silviu22 wrote:
Not sure if we automatically should give points for all tournaments where the pros meet each other. It would simplify the rules a lot though :)

They could use the rule for the international Asian events: if in a tournament more than 50% of the players are pros, wins against pros earn 1 LDP. With this type of rule, you don't need to constantly update the list of tournaments eligible for LDPs.

Thank you for keeping up with this. Even though the AGA created the first pros, they seem to be far behind EGF in terms of organization. AGA doesn't hold Pro qualification tournaments anymore and still don't have a set of rules for promotions.

This post by silviu22 was liked by: betterlife