Milena Boclé 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Laura Avram 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Ngoc Cao 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mirta Medak 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Isabel Donle 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Julia Seres 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Renate Reisenegger 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Should women be treated as commodities?
Post #1 Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:37 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 315
This weekend the EWGC is going to take place in Strasbourg, which is a good excuse for a poll on who is going to win. You're probably wondering what the hell is the title about. Well of course it is click bait, but it's also related to the schedule.

Post subject: Re: Should women be treated as commodities?
Post #2 Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:31 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 168
IGS: kvasir
Code:
Should women be treated as commodities?

This attempt at humor is a fail.

Post #3 Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:04 pm 
Gosei

It's not very funny, but it did honestly come to mind when I read the schedule. Whenever I see this false friend mistake appearing it always brings to mind a supermarket check-out.

Post #4 Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:33 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 177
Was liked: 492
http://ewgc.gostrasbourg.fr/

The mistake is common among French speakers, as the words "price" and "prize" are translated as "prix" in French.

On the other hand, if women are reading this forum, I'm not sure they appreciated the title of the thread.

Post #5 Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:46 pm 
Gosei

It is possible that they might not appreciate the title, some certainly don't appreciate that the tournament exists, so would begrudge a normal title.

The tournament is going to be broadcast on Twitch and on OGS (not sure which account). I think Li Ting is going to be hard to stop.
https://www.twitch.tv/europeangofederation

Post #6 Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:48 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
Javaness2 wrote:
It is possible that they might not appreciate the title, some certainly don't appreciate that the tournament exists, so would begrudge a normal title.

The tournament is going to be broadcast on Twitch and on OGS (not sure which account). I think Li Ting is going to be hard to stop.
https://www.twitch.tv/europeangofederation

Let me be a narcissist here and say even those with opposite reasons to have that attitude would have to consider my reasoning. Cue the Pretty Boy Detective ClubED, by the the it's a pretty good Anime. Get it? It's pretty good. Although since I was a boy I could never understand why male talk about looks when dating. I have never been able to relate to my species and that's why I'm determined to escape society and live a self-sufficient life in the woods one day. If I praise a near's looks that's a clear sign I'm not thinking of them romantically at the moment because my brain automatically bans anything from the shallow category from any romantic discourse before marriage. Even at 8 years old I decided that the concept of a girlfriend is too shallow for me so have never tried to have one. Quasi-philosophical musings about 圍棋 and the meaning of life are more my speed, hopefully the book comes out by the summer solstice. Which makes me say, that the people who complain about women's for both opposite reasons are both pretty shallow-minded crowds of people I find annoying. The same shallow minded people who love gossiping about a good scandal rather than raising the overall level of human consciousness. In general, adults are very shallow minded, just listen to so-called philosophers talk about consciousness. Apart from that one time one talked about the temporal nature of consciousness which was impressive, most of the time, especially when it comes to the pathetic discourse on AI and consciousness, I think, really? Are these the most profound Simian minds on this earth? Whoever paid for evolution deserves a refund. Disappointing. Such an arrogant species we are. Finishing Robert Jaseik style, for proper intersectionality when conducting 바둑 events, see Fantasy Go Tournament, my over 9 year long, hmm, I'll just use the word study to make it sound legitimate.

However, the most impressive aspect is that if I am right in assuming that it's the EGF streaming it, then a small miracle has occured. On that note, when is the EGF finally going to support EuroGoTV officially? It's pretty much disrespectful at this point for someone who for years physically travels to EGF events carrying a big camera and records them and the EGF isn't paying for the travel costs

I'll take the less likely chance of an upset occurring so if Manja Marz wins I have the right to be smug for a year

Last edited by Elom0 on Sat May 13, 2023 12:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post #7 Posted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:14 am 
Gosei

I think that the EuroGoTV project is essentially dead.

Post #8 Posted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:15 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
Javaness2 wrote:
I think that the EuroGoTV project is essentially dead.

How could the EGF let such epicness die?

Post #9 Posted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:34 am 
Gosei

I think that they had no budget for high quality broadcasts of their top events. As technology advanced, I think that the EGF Twitch channel became a good alternative.
The problem remains that, outside of the existing european go community, there is very little interest in watching these events. For the existing community it's great, but there is a missing link in terms of bringing in others to watch the competition.