It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Uberdude's journal
Post #101 Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:50 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 68
Was liked: 110
Thanks for posting this.
I'm wondering about the direction of attack on the K14-N14 white stones. At 45 my instinct would rather be to put pressure on them from the K12 area to try and build the bottom/center. At 49 I'd rather play M12 to isolate the two stones while still helping the right side group. What do you think?

Quote:

Post #102 Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:00 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 241
Was liked: 2454
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Shenoute wrote:
I'm wondering about the direction of attack on the K14-N14 white stones. At 45 my instinct would rather be to put pressure on them from the K12 area to try and build the bottom/center.

Mine too! I thought attach was probably bad and small scale when I played it, and knew that extend instead of hane for his reply was likely a good answer. LZ agrees with k12. I don't really know why I play moves I know are probably bad: hoping he hanes, being a chicken over the cuts? 43 should be q11 turn earlier. Reviewing it with my 1d wife she exclaimed on that move "Oh no, why did you play like me? I think you are better than that!". Maybe playing with her too much recently :)

Shenoute wrote:
At 49 I'd rather play M12 to isolate the two stones while still helping the right side group.

I think I need to block there. Though Elf did show me an interesting idea following my L12 bluff which failed: save the L12 stone (with m11 atari and connect, k12 is too big for W to trade) and let w capture the m13 stone as it's only a false eye and B can stay connected around white and keep up attack.

Post #103 Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:17 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 68
Was liked: 110
Uberdude wrote:
(...) Reviewing it with my 1d wife she exclaimed on that move "Oh no, why did you play like me? I think you are better than that!". Maybe playing with her too much recently :)
Haha, that's a nice negative compliment, or positive criticism :D

Uberdude wrote:
I think I need to block there. Though Elf did show me an interesting idea following my L12 bluff which failed: save the L12 stone (with m11 atari and connect, k12 is too big for W to trade) and let w capture the m13 stone as it's only a false eye and B can stay connected around white and keep up attack.
Interesting. It seems indeed to be a better and safer way to isolate the white center stones than my immediate m12. Thanks!

Post #104 Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:37 am 
Tengen

Some of my games from the British Challengers' tournament a fortnight ago with some comments and LeelaZero review.

Reviewed this game with Pavol Lisy 2p at the event, LZ after

I did put in some variations in Lizzie but didn't realise it only saves mainline!

Have just downloaded GoReviewPartner, will give that a go on some other games.

Attachments:
Simons-Wall.sgf [1.77 KiB]
Downloaded 153 times
Simons-Rix.sgf [4.8 KiB]
Downloaded 153 times

This post by Uberdude was liked by: Bill Spight

Post #105 Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 pm 
Tengen

I just beat LeelaZero #145 on even first time! 2 seconds a move for the bot so that's about 1k playouts, it missed a ladder.

Attachments:
Andrew beat LeelaZero 13 June.sgf [599 Bytes]
Downloaded 114 times

This post by Uberdude was liked by 2 people: Bill Spight, Joaz Banbeck

Post #106 Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:05 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 1793
Was liked: 1115
KGS: ez4u
LOL! Andrew, you bought a nice new machine with a good graphics card so that you could restrict you opponent to minimal playouts and exploit known weaknesses? :D

Post #107 Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 pm 
Tengen

Hey, I just used the defaults in Lizzie! And actually I think 1000 playouts is not so small: some guy on reddit is doing tests reducing LZ's playouts to get about even results vs Leela 0.11 (6d+) with unlimited thinking time and is currently down to only 55 playouts. Plus when I was reviewing my tournament games with my laptop its 1 playout instinct was often better than our moves, and with a few hundred seemed plenty stronger than us. But yes I am smarter than Leela 0.11 in knowing LZ has ladder problems so intentionally gave it opportunities to mess up.

This post by Uberdude was liked by: Bill Spight

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6