It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #141 Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:40 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
Yesterday 2024 March 04 is the most likely day my trueAge turned 24 years old, and so I think it's a good time to start the new phase of this journal especially with the 2023 Senko Cup going on, the games of which I'll review to restart of this journal and this post conveniently starting on a new page.

Essentially, I want to take a laidback attitude and focus on baduk reporting and teaching and creative work and health improvement until about the Autumn Equinox near Learn Go Week in September, from which I will intensly try to aim for eulerratings 1 dan by the end of this gregorian year, which is a level I think would help me appreciate pro games more when I'm reporting it, and having reached it, I could then refocus on baduk reporting but also creating an international baduk enhancement strategy。I try to use a word to denote that the primary neither an increase in the number of players or the overall strength of players, but rather implementing baduk around the world in a manner that is co-benificial to the success of the communities it's planted in and it's appreciation in those communities. I'll call it the Surrounding Gardens Project from the name I made in 2014 for the ethiopian girl go story, which may be cringe but this general sentiment is something I had near the very start of my igo career in late 2011 when my oldest younger sibling discovered a game for ヒカルの碁 on vizzed.

In any case the entire point of me wanting to get better at baduk was to play stronger people and understand their games, although I will finally admit the embarassing truth that as I do think the work schedule of professional igo is better suited to my personality type than a majority of other professions, I did give serious consideration to attempt to join the professional rungs, however in the unlikely event I reach the required level of baduk ability I now think I would be able to be of more benefit as a professional amateur. I deem it necessary to state that the difference in level between a top European player and top pro is about 6 euler dans, which is about the maximum difference in skill where the weaker player can understand and appreciate the stronger players games, to be honest probably also vice versa on an instinctual level.

I do enjoy the concept of weakers players trying to find ideas from games stronger players played and then commented on to describe their thoughts, which also would make life easier for a stronger player attempting to understand how the weaker player was thinking during the game.

Post #142 Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:31 am 
Lives in sente

Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
So, I'm going to become a pro in Korea. On this journal there's endless evidence of my talent for making special moves such as ridiculous blunders and placing the stone on the wrong point on the goban on a face-to-face game, so I think that shows I got what it takes. But obviously, special training would be needed. So I devised that reviewing games backwards in my head to the tune of the Cardcaptor Sakura theme tunes is the perfect scientifically proven method to boost your strenth to pro level. I would have also added solving tsumego while doing a headstand, but that image in my head is unflattering, I'm not Sorelle Amore. In addition to various forms of blind-go training and reverse review training, I will play any opening move that loses less than 6 points.

I will add 13x13 to my training because 9x9 is far too much more popular than 13x13, so I don't play 9x9, so I will start a social activist cause to give 13x13 proper representation.

Post #143 Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:29 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 168
IGS: kvasir
Elom0 wrote:
[...]I'm going to become a pro in Korea[...]

Is it immediate in effect on this date that you now become a professional? I think this means a rating reset to 2700 for you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This post by kvasir was liked by: Elom0

Post #144 Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:08 pm 
Lives in sente

kvasir wrote:
Elom0 wrote:
[...]I'm going to become a pro in Korea[...]

Is it immediate in effect on this date that you now become a professional? I think this means a rating reset to 2700 for you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hahaha, why didn't I think of that one, haha :lol:! Yes a small bump in my rating from 1900

Unless I find a workaround and say I'm a pro, but a 0 professional dan so I don't get the rating reset. Elom 0p

Post #145 Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:12 am 
Lives in sente

I'm going to try to reach EGF 1 dan level by just studying my games from the 2014 Pandanet World Championship and the 2022 Hoban Cup, and watch a few videos from Eunkyo Do, Evan Cho and Awesome Baduk. 19 to 21 times 2 weeks from last period is gestation time, after 26 times 2 weeks the baby is a year old from conception. 1 + 06 = 07 years from conception unique, 1 + 12 = 13 years from conception = semi-adult, 1 + 18 = 19 years from conception = adult, 1 + 24 = 25 years from conception = high developmental period over. So I have less than a year left unless I'm one of those uncommon people who can improve after 25.

Post #146 Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:32 am 
Lives in sente

I think 10 years counts as the far future so while I would have failed to get to 7 dan I do feel like I have achieved the beginnings of some kind of baduk philosophy so the greater goal of the Journal has been fulfilled! But after the regular league of the baduk league I basically have Zero motivation to get stronger, and I have even less mental stamina than before though, barely being able to play, so watching all the English go content the way I want to isn't possible . . . I'll then after that I'll switch to 90% promoting and developing baduk.

Actually, after the baduk league regular league and my confidence plummeting to 0 I want to quit trying to get better at baduk now since I don't have the motivation or mental energy to study baduk, but it would be a shame not to try new learning methods, and I also have had another reason to want to not be such a weak baduk player which is that in the London Opens I was unsure to ask for a teaching game with the professionals, but at the same time felt conflicted about missing such an opportunity, eventually hesitatingly asked Choi Dongeun 1p but it was at the end of the day when she didn't have time, and I was a little relieved, haha, that's because there's a certain pro I want to play, and my first game against a pro shouldn't be me playing badly as some weak player.

After the baduk regular league I had zero confidence, but it got a bit better right after that in the playoffs. In addition, the pros are close enough to AI to give me Zero Confidence and I basically freeze up and play random moves in the opening. Oddly enough, handicap games by pros with amateurs give me more confidence, because I can see where the Amatuer is making mistakes in those first 50 moves. I'll only look at openings from handicap games until 21st of July.

21st of June to 28th of June
Three Elements of Endgame
28th of June to 15th of July 2023
Three Moments of Middlegame
From 21st of July, I'll start looking at openings again, it's three aspects, and also write my book on Natural Unilism, my new religion to compete with Haruhism. In addition to my Pandanet games, I'l review my London Open games.

2014 London Open

2015 London Open

I think I might be slowly getting out of my slump . . . In fact I've started saying I think again which is a sign my brain is going back towards the right track, but it's still a long journey . . . I'm to do something I don't normally do just this once, which review a game I played while talking significantly about the OGS KataGo AI's feeling. . Personally, using AI to study really isn't my style, I much prefer human explanation, and this is despite the fact that AI moves often feel intuitive to me! Perhaps the best way to phrase AI winrate estimation are with the terms Faith or Confidence, Feeling, and we can learn from the fact that apart from Elf Go most AI are very humble in their estimation of winrate, giving a tiny percentage to one side even at the last point. This is like my childhood philosophy of always saying I think the window is open even if you see it in front of your face . . .

Okay . . .

Post #147 Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:35 am 
Lives in sente

2023 July 23rd

Post #148 Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:27 am 
Lives in sente

2023 July 03rd

Post #149 Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:52 am 
Lives in sente

On 2023 August 7th I tried out using ai-sensei on my first game in the Pandanet Go World Championships Preliminaries, and on 2023 september 11th I tried it for the rest of the games! https://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19296. Of all the games only the one with tkykjin was of good quality . . . Today decided to fully shed my by ai-phobia and I tested my 2014 London Open, and I remember most when I played the three space upper side extension in game 1, and 최동은先生 said just four spaces was better, but 50k KataGo doesn't thinks it's a big deal! Mind-bogglingly, and a bit depressingly, I am almost the age 최동은先生 was when she gave me these reviews!

Post #150 Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:37 am 
Lives in sente

For important games from competitions, I will use AI review, including if I'm lucky enough to have pro-level commentary to double check their comments, but while I've had katago turned on on OGS, I will now go back I'll go back to reviewing casual games with humans only. So I will only use AI review in OGS tournaments, or league from pro academies, although I've recently haven't played online at all because I looked at the number on my win. I feel quite guilty that I didn't improve after 2015 even though Cătălin Țăranu 先生 returned again in 2016 and 2017, maybe that's a story . . . I'm still solving my mental issues . . .

Post #151 Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:29 am 
Lives in sente

So, it turns out that I subconsciously am very condescending, if girls get distracted from working towards competency by having a love life I'm subconsciously judging them by thinking 'it's just typical' or 'I would never do that', and that I should tell of any daughter I have which is a bit ridiculous since I only imagine myself suited to being alone, and my brain and body won't allow myself to do anything unless I embrace that idiotically woke belief, so obviously I think that's a stupid concept so maybe there's just some deep rooted 8 year old believe or something I have to tone down . . .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8