Post subject: Re: Brady's Blunders
Post #81 Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:02 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
wineandgolover wrote:
I was in Thailand getting married and honeymooning, so that was fantastic, and I have zero regrets.

Congrats! We're off to Thailand too for our (2nd) honeymoon today!

This post by Uberdude was liked by: wineandgolover

Post #82 Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:21 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
Kirby wrote:
wineandgolover wrote:
Sorry folks, I have been away for a month and unable to post my sgf's here. Actually, I'm not really sorry. I was in Thailand getting married and honeymooning, so that was fantastic, and I have zero regrets.

Congratulations, Brady :-)

Uberdude wrote:
Congrats! We're off to Thailand too for our (2nd) honeymoon today!

Thanks Kirby and Uber for the congrats.

Andrew, where are you going in Thailand? This was our fourth trip there. I hope you enjoy your second honeymoon as much as we enjoyed our first!

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 44 - 47
Post #83 Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:30 am 
Lives in sente

Today I posted the conclusion of the next game. Here are the videos and sgf. Please let me know how I can improve them (or my game for that matter)!

Shed Your Burdens

Thank You!

How To Exploit Aji

Too Blunt!

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 44-47.sgf [8.91 KiB]
Downloaded 747 times

Post subject: Re: Brady's Blunders 40-43 belated post
Post #84 Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
wineandgolover wrote:
Sorry folks, I have been away for a month and unable to post my sgf's here. Actually, I'm not really sorry. I was in Thailand getting married and honeymooning, so that was fantastic, and I have zero regrets.

Congratulations, Brady! We'll let you off the hook this time, but don't go doing that again!

This post by daal was liked by: ez4u

Post #85 Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:38 am 
Oza

Liked others: 359
Was liked: 1019
KGS: Artevelde
OGS: Knotwilg
Online playing schedule: UTC 18:00 - 22:00
On one hand I fully concur with you that the time and energy you invest in these videos goes at the expense of your go itself, but on the other hand ... What do you value most: getting into the top, what, 100 000 of the world's go players, or in the top 100 (maybe even top 10) of the world's go content providers?

This post by Knotwilg was liked by: ez4u

Post #86 Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:33 am 
Lives in sente

Knotwilg wrote:
On one hand I fully concur with you that the time and energy you invest in these videos goes at the expense of your go itself, but on the other hand ... What do you value most: getting into the top, what, 100 000 of the world's go players, or in the top 100 (maybe even top 10) of the world's go content providers?

Thanks. I will try to find a happy medium that results in more than mediocrity at both. :)

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 48 - Beware The Extension
Post #87 Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:36 am 
Lives in sente

Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 48-51.sgf [5.08 KiB]
Downloaded 845 times

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 49 - Winning A Won Game
Post #88 Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:03 am 
Lives in sente

Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.

This post by wineandgolover was liked by: Knotwilg

Post #89 Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:37 am 
Oza

Hi Brady,

At 96 you state that White could have avoided the trade by playing the double hane. That is not true: Black could equally decide to capture the one stone instead of defending his own stones. The point is that with the next move, White can capture Black with a nice table shape, instead of with the clumsy empty triangle shape. That's the real virtue of the double hane.

Other than that, truly great video.

Post #90 Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:31 pm 
Lives in sente

Knotwilg wrote:
Hi Brady,

At 96 you state that White could have avoided the trade by playing the double hane. That is not true: Black could equally decide to capture the one stone instead of defending his own stones. The point is that with the next move, White can capture Black with a nice table shape, instead of with the clumsy empty triangle shape. That's the real virtue of the double hane.

Other than that, truly great video.

Thanks for the nice words, Knotwilg!

You are absolutely correct. Black can still capture. Another blind spot, I cannot imagine not saving a group when my opponent tries to capture it in a bad ladder. Sigh.

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 50 - Bad Strategy, Worse Tactics
Post #91 Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:35 am 
Lives in sente

Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.

Post #92 Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:35 pm 
Lives in sente

Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.Here is the video and associated sgf. Please feel free to reply to this post with any questions or comments. Note you must be a registered user of L19 to post. You can view the sgf or download it without registering.

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 51.sgf [6.75 KiB]
Downloaded 648 times

Post #93 Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:15 pm 
Oza

Hey Brady,

I think our resistance to doing the obvious might be the number one cause of mistakes.
We're so self assured, such original personalities who are not easily urged into submission.

Good videos as always

(BTW, I say eye-rn)

Post subject: Brady's Blunders 52 and 53 - The Second Sibicky Chronicles
Post #94 Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:05 am 
Lives in sente

Hi all,

In trying to get over AlphaGo, I'm playing again, and even making videos. Here are the most recent two.

While Andrew Slept

Like a Distracted Kitten

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 52.sgf [4.3 KiB]
Downloaded 540 times

Post subject: Brady's Blunders- Thinking Through and Unexpected Move
Post #95 Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:33 am 
Lives in sente

Attachments:
Brady's Blunders 54.sgf [12.38 KiB]
Downloaded 540 times