It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yithril's Study Log
Post #1 Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:05 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 33
Hey there, I am beefing up for the U.S. Go Congress in a month and I'm taking some time this month to really buckle down and study Go. It's hard to get my brain back into a disciplined mindset, but I am also losing weight and bulking up (muscle wise that is) so I find that the focus on fitness and good eating is also helping me to focus my brain. Why not improve my Go? I am 4 dan Tygem and 3.7 dan AGA. I did okay last year in the 4 dan division (3 wins and 3 losses). I was never crushed by an opponent, I am always my own worst opponent :P

Part of the reason to do this journal is accountability. I am trying to play at least one game per day, after or before work. It cannot be blitz, it has to be a game where I put some real thought into it. I then also need to thoroughly review my games, and if I encounter a shape I'm unfamiliar with, learn it thoroughly.

I work a lot during the week so it's going to take some discipline to make all of this work. I joined the BIBA Baduk League so that I can get some game reviews. I like Dia and Blackie's teaching style. They are direct and to the point, which I like.

My goal this year is to crush all who would oppose me at Go Congress, and be 5 dan Tygem before the end of the year. I think that'll make me feel better about my Go playing ability overall.

This post by yithril was liked by: swannod