It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Relearning What Was Neglected
Post #21 Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:47 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
Hi Southtown - I am an admin on this forum.

We have a set of guidelines for using the forums, which are listed here: https://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1006

There are two that stand out as being relevant in this thread:

Quote:
1. Personal Attacks
Remember the Golden Rule: do to others what you would like to be done to you. Trolling, flaming, bashing, or otherwise verbally attacking anyone is not allowed. When writing about a move that a member made, ensure all criticism is directed towards the member's move rather than the member. Also, please consider that not every member in the forums is a native English speaker as you write your post.

Quote:
8. Disagreements
If you have a problem with another member, or if you disagree with something that a mod or an admin has done, please do not air your grievances on the forum. That disrupts other member's enjoyment of the forum. Instead, send a PM to an admin. ( We're the ones with our names in red )

I understand there may be differences in opinion regarding various topics, and what constitutes a "personal attack" or disagreement has some degree of subjectivity.

That being said, for direct comments regarding individual users ("I genuinely dislike you as a person", "I see you as smug in your demeanor", etc.), please direct conversations to one of the admins over private messages, and we can try to work out disagreements in a civil manner. You can also have discussions in private with individual users.

We would like to avoid direct fighting in the public threads, if possible.

At the end of the day, admins will make the call in interpreting the TOS, and violations may result in bans, and so on.

This post by Kirby was liked by 4 people: dfan, gennan, Harleqin, Joaz Banbeck

Post #22 Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:45 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 1
KGS: NoireD 3 kyu
Tygem: Southtown 1 kyu
Wbaduk: Soill 4 kyu
OGS: Soillwill 4 kyu
Online playing schedule: OGS/KGS/Tygem/Wbaduk

Everyday between 1300L Central Time to 2300L Central Time.
Kirby wrote:

We have a set of guidelines for using the forums, which are listed here: https://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1006

Quote:
1. Personal Attacks
Remember the Golden Rule: do to others what you would like to be done to you. Trolling, flaming, bashing, or otherwise verbally attacking anyone is not allowed. When writing about a move that a member made, ensure all criticism is directed towards the member's move rather than the member. Also, please consider that not every member in the forums is a native English speaker as you write your post.

Quote:
8. Disagreements
If you have a problem with another member, or if you disagree with something that a mod or an admin has done, please do not air your grievances on the forum. That disrupts other member's enjoyment of the forum. Instead, send a PM to an admin. ( We're the ones with our names in red )

I understand there may be differences in opinion regarding various topics, and what constitutes a "personal attack" or disagreement has some degree of subjectivity.

That being said, for direct comments regarding individual users ("I genuinely dislike you as a person", "I see you as smug in your demeanor", etc.), please direct conversations to one of the admins over private messages, and we can try to work out disagreements in a civil manner. You can also have discussions in private with individual users.

At the end of the day, admins will make the call in interpreting the TOS, and violations may result in bans, and so on.

Clearly you don't even understand your own guidelines seeing as how you didn't send this in a PM.

I assume you really don't care about your own guidelines and are just on here to wag the finger instead of practicing what you preach.

Look at that...an admin telling me to not be direct in a public forum is correcting me IN said public forum.

So are you going to admonish yourself on here as well or just be a hypocrite?

Asking for a friend.

Post #23 Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:18 am 
Beginner

I haven't played in about 15 days as I'm focusing on things at work to the point I just haven't set time aside to really study any of my deficiencies as of late.

I've regressed to losing but 100+ points again because I have gone back to my comfort zone in purely fighting instead of building moyos, connecting groups and tryin to make life instead of destroy.

My aggressive personality comes shining through in my play style and so it is I have to learn to be as water when I want to assert my dominance of the game...only works if you have a winning strategy or in my case, any strategy at all.

Here are the latest games.

Attachments:
47431581-200-qac007-soillwill.sgf [1.97 KiB]
Downloaded 376 times
47455536-151-soillwill-flashpoint.sgf [1.58 KiB]
Downloaded 382 times
47463196-243-soillwill-kiawd153.sgf [2.33 KiB]
Downloaded 393 times

Post #24 Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:19 pm 
Beginner

Consistency is my weakness.

I have a hard time staying focused on learning this game beyond a casual understanding of the rules, plays and mechanics.

This post isn't really to highlight some great truth or epiphany that breaks me through.

It is to remind me that if I want what I say then I have to do the work and learn the lessons along with it.

To everyone else that are having a hard time: keep getting back up and doing it again.

I guess this day one... again.

When I want to succeed as bad as the drowning man wants that next breath...that is when I will begin to see success.

Post #25 Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:46 am 
Honinbo

Southtown wrote:
Kirby wrote:

Quote:
1. Personal Attacks

Quote:
8. Disagreements

Clearly you don't even understand your own guidelines seeing as how you didn't send this in a PM.

I assume you really don't care about your own guidelines and are just on here to wag the finger instead of practicing what you preach.

Look at that...an admin telling me to not be direct in a public forum is correcting me IN said public forum.

So are you going to admonish yourself on here as well or just be a hypocrite?

Asking for a friend.

You can read my message again, if it helps. I am also happy to ban you. I believe I am being quite lenient toward your behavior.

Please consider this your last warning.

Post #26 Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:56 pm 
Beginner

Quote:

Quote:
You can read my message again, if it helps. I am also happy to ban you. I believe I am being quite lenient toward your behavior.

Please consider this your last warning.

I know you aren't serious in your work because the person I told to leave me alone made a personal attack on my self-esteem rather than just critiquing my games and I know nothing was said to him about it in reference to rule 1.

Then he came back and tried to lecture me on why I should accept his critique when it had nothing to do with any of the games I posted but was something much more condescending in nature.

You and this person must be cut from the same arrogant cloth because I was more than ok with leaving all this alone when he stopped contacting me but here we are again not seeing eye-to-eye over a subjective topic of personal attack, that you pointed out as such.

And you keep posting in the public forum instead of PMing me like your rules say to do.

I stand on what I have said and you will not make me back down to appease you.

You have one instance of what you deemed a personal attack and you sought to correct me in a public space about it versus in a PM that you have pointed out that users should do.

I'm guessing admins are exempt from that policy as this is the second time you have done this in the open forum instead of a PM to me.

So which admin do I go to so I may report you for incorrect procedure?

I know you won't tell me nor do I actually fear your threat of "banning" because you cannot stop me from getting back on here in any meaningful way: you will have caused a minor inconvenience but that is easily conquered.

I could not care less what you do with this account as I have affronted only those that have, in my opinion, caused me to take umbrage with their unwarranted statements about aspects of my character that weren't up for debate as I asked for insight into all the wrong things I was doing in playing style, technique, strategy or applying theory of the game.

Take up for your friend/lover/associate.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would have just banned you for talking jazz to someone I respect and that would have been the end of it.

But I don't respect him and I don't respect you so I don't see how this can end in any other way at this point.

For what it is worth: issue the warning directly to the individual, in a PM, and if it is ignored axe the problematic individual otherwise you allow them to continue to question your authority to the situation.

Had this been in a PM I would have just acknowledged it and moved on but you put it for all to see so I continued to point out the clear double standard.

Although I disagree with what you have said, I will fight to the death for your right to say it.

Post #27 Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:58 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 207
Was liked: 264
GD Posts: 200
I just want to say thank you Kirby for all your hard work on this site as an admin. It's a challenging and often underappreciated job.

This post by xela was liked by 2 people: EricBackus, MikeKyle

Post #28 Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:45 pm 
Beginner

xela wrote:
I just want to say thank you Kirby for all your hard work on this site as an admin. It's a challenging and often underappreciated job.

You can take a long walk off a short pier for posting this passive-aggressive way post.

I'm up here talking to myself virtually on a thread I started and you come and do this here?

Go do it on your own thread if it is so important to suck up to someone.

Can't even be direct with me...

I'm glad I'm not weak-willed to post such a flacid response.

Post #29 Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:58 pm 
Honinbo

Southtown wrote:
And you keep posting in the public forum instead of PMing me like your rules say to do.

There is no rule against admins giving warnings in public. I don't know why this is hard to understand.

Quote:
I know you won't tell me nor do I actually fear your threat of "banning" because you cannot stop me from getting back on here in any meaningful way: you will have caused a minor inconvenience but that is easily conquered.

As you wish...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2