All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Macedonia
Post #1 Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:31 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 3
Universal go server handle: glitchdot
Hi,

I am not exactly new player, I learned Go four years ago, stated doing problems and taught some friends to play. But soon I realized that we are only players in Macedonia. Friends were not too interested in game, go sets were very difficult to find to play proper game and I lost interest.

But last year my interest for Go grew up again, I managed to find and buy proper Go set, taught my girlfriend to play and now we play everyday. We found few new players and started gathering once a week to play. And after 6-7 months with cooperation with Serbian Go club "Pro Go" we organized first Macedonian Go Tournament, and formed club "Go Club Ohrid". Now we are working on promoting Go in Macedonia, its difficult but step by step I hope we will make big player base and form many other clubs and finally create Macedonian Go Federation.

I am 15-10 kyu now and I play when I can, but its not so easy to find good players and teachers to play online. I'm very happy that I found this great community and I hope that I will find many friends here and it will help me to learn and improve in Go.

This post by glitchdot was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, gamesorry

Post subject: Re: Hello from Macedonia
Post #2 Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:43 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 49
Was liked: 129
Welcome!

Post #3 Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:35 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
Was liked: 60
KGS: gotony
OGS: nghtstalker
Best wishes may your club be a success!

Do u have a webpage? When u do and post some photos please share.

Glad to see GO is growing in Serbia and Macedonia.

We play because we enjoy the beauty of the game, the snap and feel of real stones, and meeting interesting people. Hope to see ya there! お願いします!

Anthony

Post #4 Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:59 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Welcome, glitchdot – you’ll like it here, I think :-)

And: GREAT WORK, respect and congratulations, and good luck further on!

You folks should also get in touch with the European Go Federation (EGF)http://www.eurogofed.org/ they might be able to give you some startup support for your planned Macedonian Go Federation.

Post #5 Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:36 am 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
Welcome. Ohrid is a beautiful city. You should sit on the waterfront by the cafe playing go. You may attract some new players. I would have thought there may be some players in Skopje.

Post #6 Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:17 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 3
Universal go server handle: glitchdot
goTony wrote:
Best wishes may your club be a success!

Do u have a webpage? When u do and post some photos please share.

Glad to see GO is growing in Serbia and Macedonia.

We have Facebook page for our club Go club Ohrid. There are many photos. Now I'm working on promotion site for whole Macedonia IgrajGo. Its not finished, but its in final phase, there also picture from the tournament. Both pages are in macedonian, but you can see the photos :)

Bonobo wrote:
You folks should also get in touch with the European Go Federation (EGF) — http://www.eurogofed.org/ — they might be able to give you some startup support for your planned Macedonian Go Federation.

I was on European Youth Championship in Palic, Serbia and contacted folks from EGF :)

DrStraw wrote:
I would have thought there may be some players in Skopje.

I also thought that, but I can not find them many years, not trace of them :) So I assume they don't exist.

Sadly, I am once or twice a month in Ohrid, but I gave Go set to my players so they can play when they want. I live in Skopje now and I am preparing to start promoting go here.

This post by glitchdot was liked by: Bonobo

Post #7 Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:36 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
Was liked: 60
KGS: gotony
OGS: nghtstalker
Both your pages are quite inviting. Keep up the strong work. Hope to play you in Ochrid someday. :)

We play because we enjoy the beauty of the game, the snap and feel of real stones, and meeting interesting people. Hope to see ya there! お願いします!

Anthony

Post #8 Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:15 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 16
Welcome!!

Post #9 Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:47 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
I liked those pages. Well, the club one - I never visit any Facebook pages - and was impressed. You did a nice job. I could not understand all of it but could understand enough to get a good feel for it. I hope that you have enough success and find enough players to justify the time you must have invested in that.

Post #10 Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:24 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
DrStraw wrote:
I hope that you have enough success and find enough players to justify the time you must have invested in that.

When does love ever ask whether it is justified? :-)