It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings from Seattle
Post #1 Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:19 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 63
Was liked: 18
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm the programs manager at Seattle Go Center. Mostly, I hope to let people know about upcoming Go events in and around Seattle Washington, USA. Eventually, I expect to hand off this username to the next programs manager -- hopefully years in the future.

Meanwhile, about me: I've been playing almost 30 years, and I'm about 5k AGA. I used to play on IGS and KGS, but nowadays I don't log in often enough to keep a username going. And I used to participate at Senseis Library and L19, but I no longer remember under what username. I love GoProblems.com and I still love the idea of GTL, though I understand why it went inactive -- it was a brilliant idea and it filled its niche well for years.

What else... I love furry mammals and long walks on the beach. Wait, yes on the mammals part, not so much on the beach part. Because it rains a lot in Seattle. But in the nearby mountains, the snowboarding is good, which I enjoy on a radical level.

Every day, a new adventure. TTYS!

This post by SeattleGo was liked by 7 people: Bonobo, Elom, fireproof, sorin, swannod, Waylon, yakcyll