It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction
Post #1 Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 49
Was liked: 17
GD Posts: 396
Hi, I'm Tryphon (pronounce tree-fon), a french go player. 33 years old and math teacher. My nickname comes from this person (Tryphon Tournesol in french, Cuthbert Calculus in english), which is well known for being often in the Moon (we share this ability) :

Go is for the time being my main hobby, I found in studying it almost the same enjoyment I had in studying mathematics. I try to reach 1 dan one day, just to be able to say that I have finally understood some things from this game (some 1d players told me that it happens earlier, around 5k ; when you reach 1d, you can say that, all things considered, you didn't understand anything from this game :) ), but I have time for it.

I hope the GD community won't get splitted from the misfunctionment of the original forum...

I'm not fluent with english. If you find my sentences weird or worse, it's probably not what I meant, feel free to ask for explanation or to correct me.

Post subject: Re: Introduction
Post #2 Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:14 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 80
Was liked: 62
Tryphon wrote:
Hi, I'm Tryphon (pronounce tree-fon), a french go player. 33 years old and math teacher. My nickname comes from this person (Tryphon Tournesol in french, Cuthbert Calculus in english), which is well known for being often in the Moon (we share this ability) :

Go is for the time being my main hobby, I found in studying it almost the same enjoyment I had in studying mathematics. I try to reach 1 dan one day, just to be able to say that I have finally understood some things from this game (some 1d players told me that it happens earlier, around 5k ; when you reach 1d, you can say that, all things considered, you didn't understand anything from this game :) ), but I have time for it.

I hope the GD community won't get splitted from the misfunctionment of the original forum...

I'm not fluent with english. If you find my sentences weird or worse, it's probably not what I meant, feel free to ask for explanation or to correct me.

Sounds good enough to me. And I don't think I've had problems reading pretty much anybody's posts before. I'm always happy to see some good punctuation and capitalization! Makes all you non-native English speakers easier to read than a lot of the lazy people on most other forums. (And way better than anything I could do in any other language...)

And welcome! Good to see you make it over here.