It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #1 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:45 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 18
Good news everyone !

Some of you may remember the good times of monthly ASR-NGA lectures.
For those who missed it you can find them in our lecture section.

Anyway, we are very happy to announce you that we just renewed contact with those friendly northern men and that a lecture from Antti Törmänen 1p will take place in ASR room the 7th of may 2016 at 11am GMT.
The topic will be "how to handle thickness" and of course it's free for all to attend !

See you there !

This post by litchee was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, daal, tj86430, wineandgolover

Post subject: Re: Antti Törmänen 1p lecture
Post #2 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:02 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
Have you considered making videos of the lectures?

This post by wineandgolover was liked by: Bonobo

Post #3 Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 30
Universal go server handle: climu
Hi,
Since the event will be texted, we will not record it.
However, we will put the sgf of the lecture in our studygo section afterward.
You think we should record texted events?

Post #4 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:32 am 
Lives in sente

climu wrote:
Hi,
Since the event will be texted, we will not record it.
However, we will put the sgf of the lecture in our studygo section afterward.
You think we should record texted events?

It may not be worth it to record text events, but KGS has voice-capabilities, which I hope you can take advantage of. See the video In-seong did for ASR in 2012 (second vid in list). I think you'll need to convince a friendly admin to enable this voice feature and I can't make any assurances. But pros giving demos on KGS is excellent marketing for them, so I'd hope they'd cooperate.

I still suggest supplying a commented sgf to supplement the video, but the video makes for much easier consumption for those who missed the event.

Thanks.

Post #5 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:04 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 30
Universal go server handle: climu
Quote:
It may not be worth it to record text events, but KGS has voice-capabilities, which I hope you can take advantage of. See the video In-seong did for ASR in 2012 (second vid in list). I think you'll need to convince a friendly admin to enable this voice feature and I can't make any assurances. But pros giving demos on KGS is excellent marketing for them, so I'd hope they'd cooperate.

I still suggest supplying a commented sgf to supplement the video, but the video makes for much easier consumption for those who missed the event.

We are very aware of kgs voice-capabilities. We already have an ASR teacher (with voice) account that we propose for teacher to user. However, some prefer to do text events. It's more work for us since we need to edit the sgf afterward instead of just posting a video. And we understand it's easyer to just watch a video than replay a sgf.
So to be short, we agree with you. We prefer video but some teachers prefer to do text events.

Post #6 Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:59 am 
Lives in sente

climu wrote:
We are very aware of kgs voice-capabilities. We already have an ASR teacher (with voice) account that we propose for teacher to user. However, some prefer to do text events. It's more work for us since we need to edit the sgf afterward instead of just posting a video. And we understand it's easyer to just watch a video than replay a sgf.
So to be short, we agree with you. We prefer video but some teachers prefer to do text events.

Fair enough. We respect the wishes of our teachers. But, friends of Antti, please convince him to embrace video. :)

Thanks, climu.