All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Donation to the ASR
Post #1 Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 22
GD Posts: 10
KGS: usagi
Hi; I've been trying to contact stalkor or andrew for quite a few weeks now, but stalkor hasn't logged into kgs for over 2 months and andrew seems to be on hiatus as well. Is anyone here with the ability to make decisions?

I'd be interested in donating a significant amount of prize money to the league in exchange for the kgs interface code, as I am assuming it's built not to hammer KGS. If it's available, I'd be happy to make a significant donation to the ASR.

Not sure how to use the PM system here, you can send me a PM here or on KGS.

Post subject: Re: Donation to the ASR
Post #2 Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:27 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 102
Was liked: 66
KGS: stalkor
Yes ive been on hiatus for personal reasons but i still get mails if someone posts here.

I will make very clear that the answer to give the match scraper is that its never going to be made public. There are tons of reasons i am not going to state (again)here.

Dont take this personal usagi, we will say no to any other party that approaches us too.

I look forward returning to "the go scene" this year so check your backs because i might be lurking from the shadows :batman:

Post #3 Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:14 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 22
GD Posts: 10
KGS: usagi
stalkor wrote:
Yes ive been on hiatus for personal reasons but i still get mails if someone posts here.

I will make very clear that the answer to give the match scraper is that its never going to be made public. There are tons of reasons i am not going to state (again)here.

Dont take this personal usagi, we will say no to any other party that approaches us too.

I look forward returning to "the go scene" this year so check your backs because i might be lurking from the shadows :batman:

Thanks for the fast response.
No offense taken. Actually I was vaguely aware the guy didn't want to give it out but I don't remember why. I figured for the amount of money I was offering and the good it would do the ASR there wouldn't be a problem. Anyways I have some advice on this now, the main goal is not to hammer KGS. I was under the impression you couldn't make more than six requests an hour; I'm not sure where I got that idea but it doesn't appear to be true so I am not as worried about hammering as I was before.

Post #4 Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 577
Was liked: 298
KGS: RBerenguel
Tygem: rberenguel
Wbaduk: JohnKeats
Kaya handle: RBerenguel
Online playing schedule: KGS on Saturday I use to be online, but I can be if needed from 20-23 GMT+1
usagi wrote:
stalkor wrote:

Thanks for the fast response.
No offense taken. Actually I was vaguely aware the guy didn't want to give it out but I don't remember why. I figured for the amount of money I was offering and the good it would do the ASR there wouldn't be a problem. Anyways I have some advice on this now, the main goal is not to hammer KGS. I was under the impression you couldn't make more than six requests an hour; I'm not sure where I got that idea but it doesn't appear to be true so I am not as worried about hammering as I was before.

Hmmm I read somewhere more along 10 requests per minute or so. Actually you can just try by hand: once I was looking for a game in my archives (dating back to 2003!) and had to click on a lot of archive pages to get there. In the middle of it I got marked as a crawler, so I know it's way more than 6/hour, but way less than what a good implementation could do ;)