Post subject: The Consequence of the Light
Post #1 Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:21 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 24
OGS: Saint Ravitt
Just a little creative poetry:

The Consequence of the Light

Not all wars are fought with swords and spears. One day you have a future and the next, you don’t. A young man, eager to impress or an overgrown boy with a chip on his shoulder, it makes no difference. People insist on calling it free-will but I’ve never seen a moth contemplate the consequence of the light.

In the land of confusion lives a woman, dressed to the nine in attire designed for a single purpose: To seduce the hearts of the sons of men and leave them destitute in a cruel world ran by a cruel master. She covers her body with precious perfumes and the sound of her voice is easily confused with that of the shining ones. Her skin is soft to the touch and her smile invites you into a safe place where your demons can’t find you. Everything about her presence brings you peace and you wonder how you ever survived without her. People have warned you about this woman and the weapons that she wields. In her right hand is a dagger named “ignorance” and in her left hand, a whip named “selfishness”. Upon her face, she wears a mask which she calls “just once” and it isn’t until this mask is removed that the foolish boy recognizes the strings of the puppeteer, dictating his every thought and remembers that warning that he wishes he’d heeded.

In this land of make-belief, blind men feel like kings. The strength of men is funneled into the hands of another like a snake handler milking a serpent. Everything you once knew seems distant and surreal while you perish in your fantasies of day one. The woman is still with you, only now her mask has been removed. She teases you with silly lies and she sings of songs of torment all the day long until her voice runs dry. But don’t worry, she will certainly return and every time she does, you begin to understand a little more the true nature of your shackles. You lose all self-esteem when you finally realize the truth: that you’re choosing to believe the woman’s silly lies and you find that your peace is now only a reality in the fabricated world created by her grandiose encouragements. You finally realize that you’re passed the point of no return. You’re too enamored to be worried and you learn that the only way to handle the pain is to simply forget all concern and dwell in madness.

Many men, this woman has claimed. The souls of former heroes, philanthropist, artists and lovers are hanging from the walls like taxidermy. This woman isn’t attractive, she’s the ugliest thing you’ve ever seen. Without her mask, her true face is revealed and the horror that she represents permeates the lives of everyone around. You know what this women looks like, you see her every day. But don’t look for two eyes, a mouth or a nose. Instead, turn your attention to the wife who just left with the kids, or the public official who just ended everything you once held dear. Look to the heart problems, the nightmares, the hallucinations or hot flashes. Above all, go by the cemetery and visit the graves of your fallen brothers who even in death still crave just one more hit.

[Admin]
Moved from off-topic to creative writing. -JB
[/admin]

This post by Joelnelsonb was liked by: Anzu

Post subject: Re: The Consequence of the Light
Post #2 Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:12 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 95
Was liked: 56
And yet, if we lived in a world without lies, madness, and pain, we would be so bored we'd pray for something to go awry every day.

I like your use of vocabulary :mrgreen:

Post #3 Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 am 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
Why did I think of Tannhauser as I was reading that?

Post #4 Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:08 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 24
OGS: Saint Ravitt
Anzu wrote:
And yet, if we lived in a world without lies, madness, and pain, we would be so bored we'd pray for something to go awry every day.

I like your use of vocabulary :mrgreen:

Just like a cop reading the newspaper on duty praying he hears gun shots... I appreciate the read/comments guys!