All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: War And Go
Post #1 Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:10 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 193
Was liked: 21
KGS: Azumi93
Online playing schedule: When I am in a mood for Go :D
This is a short Go story I have been writing for a week. It is not yet complete, because my inspiration suddenly ended unexpectedly, but I hope you will like it.
I would like kindly to ask any native English speakers,to correct my English, when needed. Thank you!

War And Go

General Kalvin was feeling uneasy.Why couldn't he, the victor of eighteen battles, capture a single castle?
Suddenly, he came up with an idea.
" Someone bring me more wine" he cried.
The next morning he decided to storm the castle again. His 10,000 troops fought well, but not well enough to achieve victory. They leaned their ladders against the walls, while the enemy was shooting firey arrows towards them Not a single soldier managed to set foot on the wall. To make things worse, the general was hit with an arrow in the ribs. They retreated in panic, and during the night the genral died from his wounds.
The next morning a gropu of horsemen arrived from the court. A young lady jumped out of her horse, looked at the army and mummered:

- Bunche of peasants! - and entered the general's tent.

Inside, two soldiers were playing Go and drinkng brandy.

- No more casulties and desertor reports, please - said the man playing white - We just want to finish our game for once.
The lady laughed.

- Not even from the king's daughter?
- Not even her... Oh damn!!!
The men quikly hid the Goban under the table and bowed.
- I see that playing Go has become a greater crime than drinking early in the morning.
-Forgive us princess. We are stupid.
- There is nothing to forgive, we are soldiers - she said and poured a cup of brandy - Now, I want to speak with the commander of this army.
The man playing black quikly ran from the tent.

- Tell me Swenn, what is the status of the army?
- Awful - he wanted to say awesome, but something was holding his throat.
- For how long have you been stuck on this god damn castle?
- 6 motns Your Majesty. We were certain we would capture it fast, since the general was a winner of 18 battles...
- I have always said to Kalvin that playing Go and playing Capture - The - Castles are two different things, but he never listened. Winning 18 Go battles doesn't mean hw could capture a single village.I guess he chosed you to be his second-in-command cause you were the only officer in the army that could play proper Go.
Why are you staring at me, Swenn?
Indeed, the commander was just gazing at her. He had never seen such a woman. She was rather short for a princess, and unlike any other princess he had seen, she didn't really care how she looks like and, and she was with a soldier armor, unbrushed black hair and brown eyes, and a pale brown spot under her right eye. The poor soldier said something that could cost his live.
- You look...... Terrible!
- Thank you, I.... What?

Suddenly they heard a massive wood noice.
- Do not worry it is just the gibbet my men are building. Let's go outside.
The lady gathered all the hihg officers.

- My name is Aviel, and 10 more other names which I will skip for you.I am the daughter of our king, you know his name. I am here to replace our dead comrade general Kalvin. From now on, I am no long your princess, but your supreme commander, and anyone who refuses to obey my orders, will be......... hanged.
Also, I will now hang the people responsable for the murder of my husband, general Kalvin, because he was suffocated to death by colonels Engelson and Swat. Step forward!
No one moved.

- Do not try to hide, gentlemen. If you refuse to die like warriors, I will order to scourge you to death!

This post by Stefany93 was liked by 2 people: Recusant, Tami

Post subject: Re: War And Go
Post #2 Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:45 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 7
I was going to PM you, but I guess you've disabled messages, so here's the Englishified version:
it's a great start!

War And Go

General Kalvin was feeling uneasy. Why couldn't he, the victor of eighteen battles, capture a single castle?
Suddenly, he came up with an idea; "Someone bring me more wine" he cried.
The next morning he decided to storm the castle again. His 10,000 troops fought well, but not well enough to achieve victory. They propped their ladders against the walls while the enemy shot fiery arrows down at them. Not a single soldier set foot on the wall. Worse, the general was was pierced by an arrow in the ribs. They retreated in a panic, and the general died from his wounds during the night.

The next morning a group of horsemen arrived from the court. A young lady jumped off of her horse, looked at the army murmuring “bunch of peasants!” and entered the general's tent.
Inside, two soldiers were playing Go and drinking brandy. “No more casualties and desertion reports, please” said the man playing white, “we just want to finish our game for once.”
The lady laughed. “Not even from the king's daughter?”
“Not even her... Oh damn!!!” The men quickly hid the goban under the table and bowed.
“I see that playing Go has become a greater crime than drinking early in the morning.”
“Forgive us princess. We are stupid.”
“There is nothing to forgive, we are soldiers” she said and poured a cup of brandy, “Now, I want to speak with the commander of this army.” The man playing black quickly ran from the tent.
“Tell me Swenn, what is the status of the army?”
“Awful” he wanted to say awesome, but something was holding his throat.
“For how long have you been stuck in this god damn castle?
“6 months Your Majesty. We were certain we would capture it fast, since the general was a winner of 18 battles...”
“I have always said to Kalvin that playing Go and playing Capture-The-Castles are two different things, but he never listened. Winning 18 Go battles doesn't mean he could capture a single village. I guess he chose you to be his second-in-command because you were the only officer in the army that could play proper Go.
“Why are you staring at me, Swenn?”
Indeed, the commander was just gazing at her. He had never seen such a woman. She was rather short for a princess, unlike any other princess he had seen she didn't really care how she looked, and she was in a soldier’s armor unkempt black hair and brown eyes, and a pale brown spot under her right eye. The poor soldier said something that could cost his life.
“You look... terrible!”
“Thank you, I.... What?”

Suddenly they heard a loud noise outside.
“Don’t worry it’s just the gibbet my men are building. Let's go outside.”

The lady gathered all the the officers together.
“My name is Aviel, and 10 more names which I will skip for you. I am the daughter of our king, you know his name. I am here to replace our dead comrade general Kalvin. From now on, I am no longer your princess, but your supreme commander, and anyone who refuses to obey my orders will be......... hanged.
“Also, I will now hang the people responsible for the murder of my husband, general Kalvin. He was suffocated by colonels Engelson and Swat. Step forward!”
No one moved.
“Do not try to hide, gentlemen. If you refuse to die like warriors, I will have you scourged to death!”