It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Aji's Quest
Post #221 Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:07 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 414
Was liked: 461
Congratulations on finishing the Polish version! So exciting that Aji is being read all over the world. ^^

This post by Inkwolf was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, GoRo

Post #222 Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:49 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 159
Was liked: 43
KGS: GoRoGoRo
Tygem: TyGoR
Are there any little stories to tell about how children or maybe teachers reacted to Aji's Quest?
From time to time I hear someone say (or get a message) that those three eaglets are especially cute.
One girl liked master Tenuki most because he's so mysterious and funny and wise.
Some praised the clams etc. but even today I remember the very beginning which instantly glued me to this lovely story:
Aji has been playing Go for a whole month...and he still sucks at it!

For all of you who like to see Aji and his friends talking German: see the 8 PDF-booklets on http://www.rwro.de

Cheers, and greetings to InkWolf,
Rainer
(GoChild GoRo with 2753770 points)

This post by GoRo was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Inkwolf

Post #223 Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:56 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 62
Was liked: 116
Is the website down where Aji's Quest is hosted?

Post #224 Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:17 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 176
Was liked: 488
Try here: https://www.deviantart.com/inkwolf/art/ ... -305999467

(click on "prev" to go to the next page).

Edit: this link works better. https://www.deviantart.com/newest/?q=aji%27s+quest

Edit: pages seem a bit out of order.

This post by jlt was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Inkwolf

Post #225 Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm 
Lives in gote

Yeah, sorry about that. Last week my site suddenly disappeared. I thought maybe Earthlink had discontinued the old personal webspaces and hadn't bothered to tell me, but just before I planned to contact support, a page went up saying the webpage was being 'migrated' by which I assume they mean they are moving everything to new servers. No idea how long that will take, but as far as I know, the page will be back eventually.

Thanks JLT for linking the DeviantArt! A lot of it is also posted at http://tigersmouth.org

This post by Inkwolf was liked by: Bonobo

Post #226 Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:57 pm 
Lives in gote

Okay, it seems Earthlink was bought out in January and the company is now discontinuing the personal web spaces. However, my site is actually up again, it seems, and will be up (view-only not editable) for a year. Oddly, the front page will not load in my Firefox browser at all, but I can access it with Safari or from Firefox at work. Maybe I am blocked as a suspected bot, since I have the website set as my home page, and access it every time I open a window. Anyway, thanks Bonobo for tipping me off that the site and the Aji's Quest page were actually there again!

In any case, I will be looking for some cheap web hosting and making a new site, so if anyone has particular web hosting recommendations, I would be glad to hear them. Ideally one that allows a lot of customization instead of just forcing you to use their templates.

In other Aji news, someone has translated Aji's Quest into Ukranian! It is not available online, but if anyone is interested, I can connect you with the translator.

This post by Inkwolf was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Elom

Post #227 Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:47 pm 
Lives in gote

Since I never got around to making a new website, and the old one is just gone now, you can now read Aji's Quest on DeviantArt, where the images were hosted all this time, anyway. The first post in the thread has been updated to reflect the new URL.

https://www.deviantart.com/inkwolf/gallery/74369340/aji-s-quest

The pages are organized in order now, which is always a plus!

This post by Inkwolf was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, Ferran, fireproof, Joaz Banbeck

Post #228 Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:18 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 5
OGS: AdamR
Hello,

just now have I discovered that Aji's quest is down, and being a fan, it made me sad a bit :D. Just as a heads up, for anyone without an account, the comic is virtually unreadable on Deviant art, as it keeps throwing up "ads" and then switching to a completely random image, breaking the sequence (for me at least :/).

If you were interested (and agreed it might be a better solution) I would be happy to host the comic on learn-go.net (I do link it from there already anyway)

Just an idea. Cheers, and thanks for the (now close to legendary) comic :)

This post by AdamR was liked by: Bonobo

Post #229 Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:36 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8259
Was liked: 923
Universal go server handle: trohde
Noble offer, @AdamR! (https://www.learn-go.net/ is an AWESOME site, BTW, you should have made that a clickable link!)

But, to be honest, I believe “Aji’s Quest” really deserves (IMO urgently needs!) its own Web site.

@Inkwolf, I’d be willing to fund the domain costs for a year or maybe five (if I know the price).
I myself know close to nothing of Web site building but maybe someone else would throw in some work?
And there definitely should be some micropayment/donation button there so that you get some much deserved revenue.

I’d also want to have this as a nicely printed book, high quality binding, good paper; I’d immediately pre-order ten copies. (Would also be a wonderful prize for tournaments <wink wink, nudge nudge to organizers>)

This post by Bonobo was liked by: Joaz Banbeck

Post #230 Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:50 am 
Judan

Liked others: 1102
Was liked: 1456
GD Posts: 1512
Kaya handle: Test
Bonobo wrote:
...I believe “Aji’s Quest” really deserves (IMO urgently needs!) its own Web site.

@Inkwolf, I’d be willing to fund the domain costs for a year or maybe five (if I know the price)...

I can't speak for the votes of other admins, but I think that we would host it for free here.

This post by Joaz Banbeck was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Waylon

Post #231 Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:16 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 5
OGS: AdamR
I would be happy to create a simple website with a gallery, that's not too much work.

- A first class domain - something like http://www.ajis-quest.com would be about 12 USD per year. (price may decrease if you book for longer)
- Alternativelly we can run it on a second class domain say: http://www.ajis-quest.netlify.com that would be for free.

EDIT:
And jsut for clarity - that would be the price for the domain alone, I was assuming the actual hosting would be done on either a free service or some of out existing servers... Most of the images are black and white and relatively small, so such a website should not require too big connection speeds :) if you were considering total autonomy with own hosting, the price would be several times bigger, but as said I do not think this is needed in this case.

And of course I am not trying to pressure inkwolf into anything, just saying I would be happy to do the work, if you wanted to.

Post #232 Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:56 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
Love the comic! Well done. I like Master Tenuki's words on page 80, very Zen/Taoist in spirit.

Post subject: Re: Aji's Quest IN PRINT!
Post #233 Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:05 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8259
Was liked: 923
Universal go server handle: trohde
Oy, I can hardly express my joy <happy happy>

Colette Bezio’s beautiful comic story “Aji’s Quest” has finally arrived IN PRINT, released by Board N' Stones.

Quote:
Enthusiastic, cheeky, a little impatient, but certainly not hindered by any prior knowledge, Aji allows himself to be sent by Master Tenuki on a quest to the top of mountain Moyo. After all, he wants to become 27th Dan as soon as possible.

Along the way, he experiences bizarre adventures...

—> http://www.boardnstones.com/09-All_Titles-87-BSV87.php
—> https://www.amazon.com/Ajis-Quest-excit ... 940563870/

Attachments:
Aji's Quest.jpg
Aji's Quest.jpg [ 197.98 KiB | Viewed 10893 times ]

This post by Bonobo was liked by: Charlie

Post #234 Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:37 pm 
Lives in gote

Thanks for getting here ahead of me, I have been putting things off so badly lately! :D
Yes, those who wanted me to put out a paper version can now rejoice that someone with more energy has done the work for me (and paid me for it!)

This post by Inkwolf was liked by 5 people: Bonobo, Charlie, Farodin, jlt, Joaz Banbeck

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12