It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mobile clients
Post #21 Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
Kaya.gs wrote:
Archivist wrote:
I've logged into Kaya on my android phones. (Yes, I have two...)

The screen size is not really an issue, for what I expected. The ability to play is not bad, though I wouldn't suggest blitz. Also, scroll bars appear broken when using the android default browser. Other than that, the rest of the server functions normally.

Yeah, the main issue we saw on mobile devices are the scroll bars, and the ability to double-tap to play.

There is no scroll bar issue on iPad (no scrollbar at all, just swipe movable chat area up and down) and no need to double tap to play. However I noticed that on the iPhone scrolling through chat window is troublesome due to small screen - but it was predictable (but I think I have one thing which looks like a bug but I need to figure out when exactly this "thing" happen). However playing on 3.5 inch screen is relatively good because of very smooth zoom in and zoom out.

[update]
Ok, I can reproduce scrolling issue. If you just scroll chat window - all is ok. But if you accidentally touch one of the comments then 1) font size in a chat window will go double. 2) translate icon and star icon will show up and be persistently visible. 3) then when you scroll up and down now it looks like you have some fixed position in a chat window and when you scroll it then it jump back and return to this fixed position. If you choose other chat window - all is ok again (till you touch a comment...).

Post subject: Re: Mobile clients
Post #22 Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:47 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 25
Was liked: 78
KGS: Dexmorgan
Wbaduk: c0nanbatt
lobotommy wrote:
Kaya.gs wrote:
Archivist wrote:
I've logged into Kaya on my android phones. (Yes, I have two...)

The screen size is not really an issue, for what I expected. The ability to play is not bad, though I wouldn't suggest blitz. Also, scroll bars appear broken when using the android default browser. Other than that, the rest of the server functions normally.

Yeah, the main issue we saw on mobile devices are the scroll bars, and the ability to double-tap to play.

There is no scroll bar issue on iPad (no scrollbar at all, just swipe movable chat area up and down) and no need to double tap to play. However I noticed that on the iPhone scrolling through chat window is troublesome due to small screen - but it was predictable (but I think I have one thing which looks like a bug but I need to figure out when exactly this "thing" happen). However playing on 3.5 inch screen is relatively good because of very smooth zoom in and zoom out.

[update]
Ok, I can reproduce scrolling issue. If you just scroll chat window - all is ok. But if you accidentally touch one of the comments then 1) font size in a chat window will go double. 2) translate icon and star icon will show up and be persistently visible. 3) then when you scroll up and down now it looks like you have some fixed position in a chat window and when you scroll it then it jump back and return to this fixed position. If you choose other chat window - all is ok again (till you touch a comment...).

Thanks for the feedback. When we get our hands on one of the devices, or get the emulator running, we wil lcheck into all of this.