It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Humpty Dumpty, politician
Post #1 Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:41 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 14
Was liked: 20
On OGS, I recalled a radio program segment about negative campaign ads. The guests created ads based on nursery rhymes. This was the reaction:
Quote:
Marathon: humpty dumpty sat on a wall. humpty dumpty had a great fall. all the king's horses, and all the king's men wasted thousands of YOUR tax dollars trying to put humpty togehter again. and they failed. humpty dumpty -- wrong on wall sitting
Abitw: I'm never going to vote for Mr Dumpty. I don't trust him.
tesushi: I think we owe every American an attempt to put them together again when they fall [off] a wall. It's basic decency.
Abitw: When did we forget about personal responsibility? If an man falls off a wall because he was sitting in an unsafe manner, he should suffer the consequences.
tesushi: But what if he was sitting in an unsafe manner because his fat cat boss forced him to work in a hurry?
tesushi: Humpty fell because of capitalism!
tesushi: #justifceforhumpty
Abitw: Police found a vial of cocaine on Humpty that definitely wasn't planted. He probably fell because he was high. If he had just pulled himself up by the bootstraps he'd be fine!
tesushi: What substances an egg puts in its body should be its own business. What about personal freedom?
Abitw: What if he had fallen on a child? Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tesushi: What would the child have been doing, working unsafely next to a wall? Personal responsibility, man!