All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Petition to M&M's to make a 바둑 edition
Post #1 Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:39 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
I've found out that apparently grown adults are very invested in M&M's, therefore I think the logical course of action is to petition M&M's to do what we all know they should have done by now. Copy paste the message and send them e-mails and letters. I'm super super serious.

Dear M&M's,

I have an idea that you would love, which is to make a black and white 바둑 version of your M&M's. M&M's are the perfect snack while playing a game of 바둑, but I also feel that 바둑 is also the perfect esteemed ancient art to supplement M&M's to show your commitment to raising the mental level of us all.

Yours yummily,

A person who thinks M&M's are the best looking candy in the world.

Post subject: Re: Petition to M&M's to make a 바둑 edition
Post #2 Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:08 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 39
GD Posts: 25
OGS: phillip1882
i'm not sure its a good idea to get into the habit of eating go stones

This post by phillip1882 was liked by: Elom0

Post #3 Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:04 am 
Lives in sente

Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
phillip1882 wrote:
i'm not sure its a good idea to get into the habit of eating go stones

Maybe it could help digestion? I think a few animals do that!

Post #4 Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:45 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 124
Was liked: 42
Your post was perhaps made in fun. But seriously, the typical Western diet is already far too high in sugar, with all the problems it can cause. We should not be encouraging people to consume even more. (And yes, inevitably, people will eat these candies. They won't just use them to play go.)

Indeed, I would compare the harm caused to our bodies by sugar with that caused by other unhealthy products, such as tobacco and alcohol. And in some ways, it is even worse: With tobacco and alcohol, at least you are clearly aware that you are using them, and might have enough self-control to refuse them. (Or at least, limit tobacco or alcohol to an occasional indulgence.) But sugar is added so widely to our foods, that it is difficult to avoid, at least for the foods that the average person can afford.

And yes, I am a bit of a killjoy. But it needed to be said.

This post by tundra was liked by: Elom0

Post #5 Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:24 pm 
Lives in sente

tundra wrote:
Your post was perhaps made in fun. But seriously, the typical Western diet is already far too high in sugar, with all the problems it can cause. We should not be encouraging people to consume even more. (And yes, inevitably, people will eat these candies. They won't just use them to play go.)

Indeed, I would compare the harm caused to our bodies by sugar with that caused by other unhealthy products, such as tobacco and alcohol. And in some ways, it is even worse: With tobacco and alcohol, at least you are clearly aware that you are using them, and might have enough self-control to refuse them. (Or at least, limit tobacco or alcohol to an occasional indulgence.) But sugar is added so widely to our foods, that it is difficult to avoid, at least for the foods that the average person can afford.

And yes, I am a bit of a killjoy. But it needed to be said.

Actually, I'm seriuosly considering making a much healthier candy with no added sugar shaped more accurately like 바둑 so you're intuition is really on the money! I should also make the no added sugar vegan ice cream . . !