All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Got My iPad 3G 64GB Today
Post #1 Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 7
GD Posts: 1103
KGS: buzzsaw
The first application I installed on the iPad was SmartGo Kifu. It is beautiful.

I suspected that Guo Juan's Audio Go lessons web site would require java. Unfortunately this was the case, so the only way I will be watching lessons on the iPad is if I first capture them as videos on my desktop and sync them to the iPad. That's not really a problem since I am capable of doing the capture. On the other hand, I stopped by lynda.com to check and see if I could watch their videos, and I can, so they are not using java or flash.

I have not yet installed LogMeIn Ignition, so trying to play Go on KGS is going to have to wait for awhile. I am taking it slow with the nee iPad, and enjoying it one step at a time.

Netflix is amazing. I was watching a movie on my laptop waiting for the delivery. After I synced the iPad with iTunes and installed Netflix on it I resumed play on the iPad, and it knew exactly where I left off on from the Macbook.

I'm really going to enjoy this, and I am glad I waited for 3G. I have not set up an account yet, but I may actually do that away from home when I am out of reach of wifi.

Terri

Post subject: Re: Got My iPad 3G 64GB Today
Post #2 Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 163
Was liked: 62
Glad to hear you're happy with it so far. I have to admit, I'm just a little bit jealous. I've been using my old e-reader to display game diagrams during self reviews on the board - yeah, it's not even close to being as nice.

If you get any photos of your ipad with smartGo kifu running, don't be shy. ;-)

Post #3 Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:58 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 7
GD Posts: 1103
KGS: buzzsaw
I have been taking it slowly adding new apps to the iPad. One of the things I want to do eventually is to access my iMac from the iPad with a remote desktop app so I can observe and play on KGS from the iPad using 3G.

In preparation for doing this I have set up both my iMac and my Macbook with LogMeIn the free version.

My plan is to get LogMeIn Ignition for the iPad, but I have not worked up the nerve yet.

What I have done is to access the iMac from the Macbook. I have also accessed the Macbook form the iMac. It is a lot easier to work on the Macbook from the iMac because I am user a lower resolution device from a higher resolution device.

Terri

Post #4 Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:26 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 1562
Was liked: 140
GD Posts: 892
Bump bumpity bump.

I just found out there's a Werewolf game for the iPad.

I would be interested to know if any of you iPad owners try it out. It seems like an interesting use of the iPad, instead of just a simple conversion.